• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Geralt of Rivia (The Witcher) vs The Hunter (Bloodborne)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, we have two hunters who hunt ridiculously powerful monsters. The Hunter has the brute strength, but a limited supply of bullets and blood vials. Geralt's magic can regenerate infinitely, but it doesn't pack as big of a punch and The Hunter has more brute force. I'm iffy on how well they fight other people.

Round 1: Near the beginning of each game. Geralt has all of his signs and his swords, but no upgrades or potions. The Hunter has the blunderbuss and the cleaver/spear, but no blood vials.

Round 2: With items. Geralt has access to his potions and poisons. The Hunter has access to the non-healing items, like the lead potion, as well as 3-5 blood vials.

Round 3: Endgame, all upgrades. Geralt has all of the sign and weapon upgrades, with the appropriate extra abilities. He also has any potions of his choice. The Hunter has his full arstenault of weapons at hand, including melee and ranged. He also has his spells and healing blood vials.

Fight!

I know it looks like they might be very different, but it's only a difference 1 number. Even more so, Geralt acts as a higher tier against monsters, and with the curse of the blood in the Hunter, that may apply to the fight. I mean a 9B that goes up against monsters vs an 8C monster might be close. After all, he had slain a ton of creatures that may count as 8C or higher.

Rounds 1 and 2 may be closer, but Hunter would still win in the end mid-diff at most. Geralt's durability would be a pretty big hurdle for the Hunter.

I'll come back to this, I'm going to bed for now, but I'm still gonna say round 3's a stomp.

Yeah I mean most of the Hunter's toolkit is pretty effective overall, and I'm a fan of bloodborne and all, but he'd have some glaring weaknesses against Geralt.

1. The Hunter relies on agility and speed, and Geralt has that time-slowing sign.

2. The Hunter has a lot of tools, but they all rely on a pretty small reserve of quicksilver bullets.

3. Geralt has years of training (although I doubt he has learned anything that would help him here).

That said, Geralt's melee would be a weakness, seeing how he couldn't really adapt to the truck-weapon nature of the Hunter, and the health regain when the Hunter attacks. But that's why this forum is here!

1. geralts time slow is a very small area isn't it?

2. while true that the hunters tools are limited, they are far beyond anything geralt has really dealt with.

3. the hunter has more experience killing monsters and superhuman people than geralt has his entire life, so the experience factor is kind of void.

4. honestly one hit from the faster hunter and geralt is dying. the main reason is the strength difference, the weapon types (hunters weapons are heavy duty and serrated so they will end geralt) , and geralt lacking healing of any variety.

Xmark12 said:
Isn't endgame Hunter planet level? ._.
Boi, boi. Geralt has no chance in hell, even if end game him goes up against beginning of the game Hunter.

Hunter rofl stomps. If you want more proof, go to their profiles:

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Geralt_of_Rivia

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/The_Hunter_(Bloodborne)

Now compare.
We don't know how powerful the Hunter was after being reborn as an infant Great One, the story kind of ends at that point. But the other Great Ones were certainly not planetary by any stretch of the imagination. They could warp reality (or the dream) to a certain extent but I don't got the impressition that any of them could blow up a town DBZ style.

But the Hunter should be more powerful than Geralt regardless. Dodging bullets gets you far in these types of debates.

Hunter stomps all rounds. The difference of "one number" in tier is insanely high. Like, the difference between a 8-C and a 9-B... Let's say that the Hunter is the lowest level of 8-C, and Geralt is the highest of 9-B. According to the Attack Potency page, the difference would be of at least 400X. Destroying a wall and destroying buildings are VERY different things.

Hmm. Well Geralt does have the same level of dura.....but the Hunger is vastly faster than him and has AP that matches his dura. Geralt doesn't.

I may have to close this unless someone has anything to defend Geralt from whatever the Hunter has that can get past Geralts dura....and whatever he has that's worth enough to take on Hunter.....if it were speed equalized, that is...

I see.

Hmm. Well i might as well close this then if it's really a stomp. Well the fact that Speeds not equalized is probably enough of a reason to do just that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back