• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Alright, so my friend and I were discussing this.

How long would the spirit of vengeance last in the world of Dragon Ball Z?

Honestly, I think Ghost Rider might actually be able to solo DBZ. The only ones I can see taking him down are Goku and Majin Buu, the latter due to candy beam.

As for Goku, he might give GR some trouble thanks to Spirit Bomb. He's also pure-hearted, so I doubt he'd be affected by Penance Stare... until he inevitably goes Super Saiyan, where his pureheartedness goes away.

What do you guys think?

Ghost rider has not killed anyone with his stare over City level.

And he is much slower then anyone in DBZ.

he loses to raditz

Uh, Ghost Rider took out Galactus with Penance Stare, and is completely immune to most attacks in DBZ because he is literally a regenerative flaming skeleton.

Yeah, he's slower, but Raditz would probably wear out all his energy just trying to hurt the guy.

I believe that GR once fought on equal footing against Thor (even though Thor wasn't serious). Defeated a fully fed Galactus but it was with the Penance Stare so I don't know how accurate it would be as a feat.

So for now I say Gost Rider loses to Saiyan saga Goku and others above him.

Can you provide a scan or reference to Ghost Rider taking out Galactus? In any case, the thing is that Ghost Rider is generally played as being on the same raw power level as Spider-Man, except for his near indestructibility, according to the handbooks. I am uncertain about his Spirit of Vengeance incarnation, but in an Uncanny Avengers Annual, Thor seemed unable to stop it. Of course, Thor did not display anywhere near his greatest level of power in the issue, so as usual power scaling with Marvel characters doesn't particularly work.

He killed him in a what if? cartoon.

Even if he did kill him Antvasima would most likely agree that is total PIS.

I actually read ghost rider and trust me the dude is nothing over MCB

@ Antvasima: While I'm knowledgable on Marvel and DC comics. I don't really like debating all that much in them so it would probably be better yto ask someone else.

But I'll try.

Coolkid 11 said:
Ghost rider has not killed anyone with his stare over City level.
And he is much slower then anyone in DBZ.

he loses to raditz
I feel you're cutting GR a bit short. He does have some pretty impressive feats that allow him to take down people with much more raw destructive output. Plus, his durability is absurd.

http://i.imgur.com/44Gkfws.jpg Here, Mephisto admits his inability to actually kill the Rider, and even shows doubts in his ability to steal his soul.

http://i.imgur.com/3SlcZaz.jpg Doctor Strange fears Ghost Rider and even seems incredibly worried about his true potential. Once Zarathos took control, he was no longer afraid of Hulk wishing to exact his revenge, but the Rider going crazy.

http://arousinggrammar.com/2013/08/29/ghost-rider-vs-doctor-strange/ In another issue, Ghost Rider and Doctor Strange get into a bit of a scuffle (over a massive misunderstanding), and in the second portion of the fight, Strange even attempts to destroy the Rider, but utterly fails to do so.

http://i.imgur.com/024kbSK.jpg Finally, Zadkiel finds the horrifying truth that only the Marvel Universe's "God" can get rid of Ghost Rider permanently, as all the power he stole and his conquest of Heaven amount to nothing as the army of Riders gives him an "ass kicking".

There is no doubt is regen is insane. Better then deadpools Il say.

But DC wise and Hax wise he really isnt being put over raditz

Coolkid 11 said:
There is no doubt is regen is insane. Better then deadpools Il say.
But DC wise and Hax wise he really isnt being put over raditz
DC wise? Yeah, totally not. Hax wise? I'd definitely put him above Raditz. Raditz shouldn't be able to put up a fight against someone like a serious Strange, especially with the good doctor's versitility. GR has a pretty good way of overcoming crazy foes. Although my main thoughts on the match itself depend on if Zarathos is allowed to fully take control, and to a lesser extent, who the host is.

Just as a note, Doctor Strange did not display anywhere near his highest universal degrees of power within thst fight. In fact, he was kept more at building level power. As usual for Marvel, the power levels are completely inconsistent. Maybe we should change the rules for Marvel and DC characters, and skip power scaling for them, unless the character they were fighting displayed their highest level of power within the issue? They should have enough appearances to gauge them by feats and comparative handbook rankings instead.

Antvasima said:
Just as a note, Doctor Strange did not display anywhere near his highest universal degrees of power within thst fight. In fact, he was kept more at building level power. As usual for Marvel, the power levels are completely inconsistent. Maybe we should change the rules for Marvel and DC characters, and skip power scaling for them, unless the character they were fighting displayed their highest level of power within the issue? They should have enough appearances to gauge them by feats and comparative handbook rankings instead.
Fair enough, as it was obvious Strange was not at classic level power or something, but I feel it's hard to call the power that Strange was using in that fight "building level" by area of effect and destruction, alone. It was only intended for Ghost Rider, after all.

Well, since a chain that at best displayed tombstone-breaking power was enough to handle Strange, despite all of the massive defensive shields that he could put up, I think that building level is being generous.

Antvasima said:
Well, since being affected by a chain that at best displayed tombstone-breaking power was enough to handle Strange, despite all of the massive defensive shields that he could put up, I think that building level is being generous.
Aren't Ghost Rider's chains supposed to be indestructible? Also, it's not like he attacked Strange from head on. He was caught by surprise, wrapped in unbreakable chains, and then got the Penance Stare. Surprise attacks can give you a pretty big advantage, otherwise we'd have to assume things like Saiyan Saga Yamcha was killed by an explosion with only building busting power.

Well, I think that the chains have been broken, but that GR can reforn them at will. However, the point is that Strange was almost taken down by an attack that was only powerful enough to break a tombstone. Again, Marvel characters go up and down in power levels to ridiculous degrees depending on the opponent that they are facing, and whatever level the different authors prefer to keep them at for the sake of the respective story.

Back