• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I love both of them, but really have to go with... Doom Guy if he has all power-ups being used and with his Sentinel Hammer, but I could be wrong here! if he doesn't then I'll immediately go with Ghost Rider!

No. Doomguy has to feel guilty for it in the first place, which given his attitude I don't think he does the slightest.

Again tho idk why you keep insisting on using Ghost Rider when his file is really wonky :v

The Penance Stare makes any individual see and feel every bit of pain they have ever inflicted on anyone in their entire lifetime. Guilt isn't a factor with the Penance Stare.

From The Punisher Volume 12, Issue 16 (2018 series):
posCVTyffZecS_UsyDnnKXgxK8UXJ0bg9pKMagZEuedRDhYZrFM8CQ1UyJkzh7dh2qKV35xAL0fuC5_MIyAktfPyN5hJDLjkGSA1p63iU-yP3FZOBKEaEGOv_r1LOyXdkWN_YNLIEQ=s1600

Still works on Punisher.

From The Punisher Volume 12, Issue 16 (2018 series):

Still works on Punisher.
And doesn't paint the Penance Stare in a very favorable light kek, Punisher operates on a FAR more morally grey area than Doomguy, whose sins of busting demons would likely just... not count as sins,
But it just isn't the same!
Yes Blaze is the worst of the three mainline Ghost Riders

It's not related to committing sins, it's about the target feeling they have inflicted on everyone throughout their entire lifetime. Punisher admits in that panel he does in a sense feel that pain psychologically and mentally, so while he is familiar with the pain in a sense, the Penance Stare still caused him severe pain to the point of vomiting.

Doomguy, arguably and likely having committed more pain on beings then Punisher throughout his life, prioritizes feeling anger first and foremost, not giving much thought to his actions like Punisher has and likely shifting his thoughts towards his anger rather then reflecting on his actions due to his sole goal of killing the demons.

Also yeah it can more consistently just, not work if you don't regret shit, Punisher 2018 iirc evolves Frank's character to REGRET alot of shit he does and how he influences the world, so.

Doomguy wouldn't regret shit lmao... The only thing you can argue that would count as an actual "sin" in-verse is physically assaulting his former commander who told him to fire on innocent civilians.

If it's effects are significantly reduced by not feeling guilt, the Slayer isn't going to be affected much at all.

Gonna have to side with Zark and Axx here. His most common "sin" is murdering demons, the literal forces of hell. Murderous dimension conquering monsters that are led by what is essentially Satan. I really doubt doing that would count as "sins".

I know he also killed other entities like The Maykrs, but they were working with Hell to wipe out all human life on Earth for their souls. Even if these did count as "sins", still would do jack shit to him since he wouldn't regret that at all, one of his many things is that he is just completely uncompromising, relentless, and merciless.

Last edited:
I mean, the Penance Stare isn't all that the Ghost Rider has so idk why this match is dying lmao. This can definitely go past that.

Idk, does BFRing to Hell work? That makes the time limit no? Unsure if I'm getting the film version confused with the comics version here as well.

It would work, but V.E.G.A is part of his standard equipment and has interdimensional range portals that can take him to Hell in the DOOM verse which is sealed away from the multiverse and its cosmology. He's not going to get incapped from being BFR'd.

Yes. Unless GR can BFR his opponents distances greater then the distance between Hell and the rest of the cosmology (which doesn't seem to be the case going off his range) then that won't work at all. Hell is essentially a living multiverse/plane of existence that exists outside the multiverse (the multiverse containing an infinite amount of timelines, which alone would logically be an infinite distance) and exists outside the boundaries of time, space, and dimension. Heck Doomguy can travel between dimensions by himself going off the 6th Slayer Testament.

Back