• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
What version of each? This match did happen before but it got removed when they both got upgraded in their other keys iirc, but depending on which you choose I don't think it will be a stomp

Uhhhhh... both are their usual versions which gilgamesh(Fate) as archer and gilgamesh(FF) as his normal self and and i changed it to be clearer of which version it is, so i guess like this? ┬»\_(ÒéÀ)_/┬»

Umm this is a stomp. Gilgamesh (Final Fantasy) is 5-A and Gilgamesh (Fate) is a High 6-C with a 5-B technique, even then it doesn't even come to where Gill (FF) is tier wise.

He has numerous weapons that bypass durability enough to hurt him. A conceptual armement or ten, the Muramasa blades that slice causality and fate, daggers that kill attack with poison strong enough to kil inorganic golems, etc. still give him win conditions

FF Gilga casts literally any spell or breaths on Gil and he dies, on the other hand Fate Gilga can probably put him down as well if a conceptual noble phantasm from his gate lands. Which attack lands first?

If Gilga opens up with Gaebolg doesn't Final Fantasy Gilga just die before he does anything? Is it in character for Fate Gilga to do this?

He hasn't mastered any of his weapons, yet he is still able to utilize their abilities. Unless this ability is a technique specifically attributed to Cu Chulainn (like Barbed Spear that Pierces with Death) we can assume Gilgamesh is able to use it.

I'm pretty sure the main limitation on Gil's arsenal is that in most cases he can't use the true name releases due to lack of mastery, but there are still plenty of weapons that are broken or hax without their true name. Besides, I'm pretty sure Gil has never used the true name release of the weapons in GoB outside of his main weapons.

Schnee One said:
Gae Bolg doesn't home in Gil's hands
Yeah I'm not seeing a win con for Fate Gil
He has The Unreturnable Dagger (a blade drenched in poison potent enough to one shot inorganic beings), the Muramasa Blades (Cut causality, fate, Karma, and the soul), Phantasm punishment (one of his conceptual armaments that attacks with the concepts of severing and binding), Boneless Man (cuts through things as if they had no structure, ignoring durability), the black keys (conceptual weapons which bind the soul by pinning the shadow, and conceptually negate regen by applying the laws of nature), etc.

He also has his unnamed axe that cuts space, and this is particularly notable because it's one of his most common openers and most used weapons in general

Blackcurrant91 said:
FF Gilga casts literally any spell or breaths on Gil and he dies, on the other hand Fate Gilga can probably put him down as well if a conceptual noble phantasm from his gate lands. Which attack lands first?
If Gilga opens up with Gaebolg doesn't Final Fantasy Gilga just die before he does anything? Is it in character for Fate Gilga to do this?
They are gonna be starting at pretty long distance, and the use of spells will probably be reflected by Gil's magic mirrors. I'm not sure who is gonna end up landing their strike first tho

@Iapitus he has the Muramasa blades? Has he shown them? I would have expected him not to have them, since they're prototypes off what should be a divine construct.

Nah, they are from the hand of humanity so he has them. The only possible exception is the composite sword that he uses at the end of Shimosa that cuts concepts, since iirc that is considered a divine construct. Even so, it isn't like Gil doesn't have divine constructs, he has numerous, but he just doesn't necessarily have them as off shoots of human knowledge the way that most weapons find their way into his vaults

The most funny thing about Gilgamesh fate matches is that people expect him to handle specific weapons from all of his arsenal. He is just going Danmaku them out. The only weapons this key of Gil consistently wields are Merodach, Enkidu and Ea.

He doesn't in either of the three routes which is usually what people know him for

Because ironically, despite being the first three routes of the series, they're arguably the worse written as well

It is not that he uses no strategy. I just don't have any reason to think that Gilgamesh wouldn't attempt to toy with his foe unless he isn't restraining the use of Sha Naqba Imuru.

KageSakaDark said:
The most funny thing about Gilgamesh fate matches is that people expect him to handle specific weapons from all of his arsenal. He is just going Danmaku them out. The only weapons this key of Gil consistently wields are Merodach, Enkidu and Ea.
That's not true at all. He goes for specific weapons to fit a situation, and although he is arrogant, he isn't stupid. When he was up against Herc he changed the weapons he was pelting to ones that would be able to get around God Hand. When he was against Lancelot, he changed to homing weapons. When he was against mages, he employed his magic reflecting mirrors. If Gil realizes that he isn't gonna be able to win through AP, which he will almost immediately, he will switch to durability bypassing blades. The reason I gave long lists is because, while we don't know what specifically he will go for, he will go for any number of the list I gave or similar ones. In addition, we also know for a fact that shit like the golden axe is one of his main opening weapons, which should be able to kill the other Gil

And those were his first moves? He changed his strategy, neat. When he is at severe ap disadvantage, do you really expect him to last? He is against someone who is an entire tier ahead of him. Unless he comes up with something immediately, I doubt he will last. A lot of your examples are reactive. I guess you did prove that Gil does have a winning condition though. I still think that FF Gilgamesh will take this with his AP alone simply because it is more likely. The golden axe is just one of his opening moves and you can not determine that he will open up with it. Gilgamesh(Fate) seems to have so much options that it tends to make him inconsistant against higher tier foes, unless he has knowledge of said foe.

They are his second moves, since he isnt gonna rely on his clairvoyance to grant him the info, he is gonna change when his AP based attacks don't work. How is FF Gil's range game? Other than magic, since that gets reflect back at him. That is probably Fate Gil's main advantage. I think am leaning more toward FF Gil winning at this point, but I would like an explanation of his range game other than his magic before I make my final decision. As for your golden axe point, its significantly more likely than most of his openers, so it is still more likely than basically the rest of his arsenal, and you can bet its probably gonna be in his opening sword spam

Interesting, it seems that the majority of range comes from his magic. Question about the magic reflection, what has shown to reflect? Also, are you refering to the discs that listed on his profile for magic reflection or is it somethimg else?

Is he? I dont see that on his profile, maybe I'm just blind

He isn't a 2A void, but he can freely travel through it

KageSakaDark said:
Interesting, it seems that the majority of range comes from his magic. Question about the magic reflection, what has shown to reflect? Also, are you refering to the discs that listed on his profile for magic reflection or is it somethimg else?
Illya's magecraft, but to be clear, AP doesn't really equate to quality of magic in Fate in and of itself. Usually they work by ranking through a number of verses they take to cast, but since Final Fantasy all have single verse casting, I'm not sure how we would compare them. I believe the discs are something else. Do control F "mirror" and it should be the second one

It would depend. A spell being incredibly destructive doesn't really equate to it being a high quality form of magecraft in fate. What kind of spells would he be using?

Hmm spells in FF are pretty generic. He actually tends to use Status effects instead of destructive spells.

He opens with Zanketsuken normally which is very quick sword slash that inflicts instant death.

If he is using spells it's stuff like Sleep or Petrification.

I think Gil would resist all this but if he gets hit he is going to explode into a fine paste.

Iapitus The Impaler said:
It would depend. A spell being incredibly destructive doesn't really equate to it being a high quality form of magecraft in fate. What kind of spells would he be using?
Isn't that why NPs are so strong though? Because higher magecraft means higher AP?

Schnee One said:
Isn't that why NPs are so strong though? Because higher magecraft means higher AP?
No, definitely not. Caster of Black for example has some of the highest quality magecraft there is skill wise we have seen but it really isn't anything of note AP wise for a Caster. Gilles on the other hand is a God awful mage but has really good AP, higher than most Casters I would argue. We can also point to True Magic phenomena, which are all atop even the peaks of magecraft, but most of them don't actually do much damage in isolation

Back