• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gintama - Normal Gintoki CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Introduction

I'm making this thread because Gintoki's profile (Along with the verse) is severely outdated and i wanted to fix that, So let's start
---------------------------//------------------------------------------------------------------//----------------------------------------------------

Gintoki's Power and abilities;

Superhuman Characteristics

Master hand-to-hand combatent
- (As part of his brawler-like fighting style, Gintoki regularly uses his fists and kicks in combat. As such, he is far less bothered by being caught unarmed than most other swordsmen in the series. While his bokuto is usually used to deliver the final blow against an opponent, many of his most consistent, damaging attacks are kicks delivered to the torso, Regularly killed adults as a child, Recieved training from Shoyo from childhood, Participated in wars against amanto)

Master swordsman - (Gintoki's swordsmanship is rough, but far from unrefined. He tends to wield even full-length katanas one-handed, with fairly wide but quick chops. His level of skill has been complimented by several esteemed sword masters, such as Yagyuu Binbokusai, who noted that his style is something not taught, but developed by Gintoki himself, Regularly killed adults as a child, Recieved training from Shoyo from childhood, Participated in wars against amanto, While Gintoki vastly prefers to make use of his swordsmanship in combat, he is well-versed in the use of many types of weapons, from naginatas and kunai to senbon and explosives. Likely due to his training as a samurai and time spent on the battlefield, he is able to incorporate the use of almost anything he finds in a fight, and frequently catches his opponents off-guard by using his surroundings against them)

Genius intelligence - (Extremely cunning strategist and tactician, he has led many samurais into different battles alongside people like Takasugi and Katsura who were iconic leaders on the previous war, Trained with Shoyo who has hundreds of years of experience, Uses his enviroment to his advantage and picks up anything from the ground to use against an opponent even stealing their weapons) 00:47

Statistics amplification, Rage power and Berserk mode - (Gintoki gets faster and stronger but attacks uncontrolably while angered and doesn't fight strategically as he does normally seen in his fight against jirocho, When Gintoki is particularly enraged, his speed and reflexes reach absurd heights, allowing him to perform such feats as shattering a sword in mid-swing with his teeth or closing meters of distance between himself and his target in a fraction of a second)

Acrobatics and Surface Scaling - (Gintoki is highly acrobatic capable of performing acrobatic stunts seen in this fight, He is also capable running through walls)

Preparation - (When he has prep time he has showned to dull weapons and tricking his opponents into using them)

Stealth Mastery - (Can steal/Pick weapons without the person noticing)

Vehicular Mastery - (Capable of pulling stunts with his scooter)

Social influence - (Is knowned as the Shiroyasha in the wars, Capable of causing fear just from hearing his title, Is a reliable leader, Capable of manipulation (Trolling) people and is capable of making amantos hesitant on attacking him)

Power Mimicry - (Mimicked Oboro's acupuncture techniques after seeing it once)

Enhanced senses - (Neutral Vision, Kinetic Vision, Night Vision, Enhanced Awareness and Telescopic Vision - Is capable of seeing ghosts, Capable of blocking attacks faster than himself (Gintoki VS Jiraia which happens in a dark place), at the last second, Can see at great distances, Capable of dodging attacks coming from below)

Supernatural Willpower - (One of Gintoki's defining traits is his extreme level of physical endurance. Gintoki fights without consideration for his life a majority of the time and, while this gives him the ability to fight without limits, is also a testament to how little Gintoki values his own life. Coupled with his incredibly high pain tolerance, this makes him an incredibly fearsome fighter. A mere day after having his forearm impaled by Doromizu Jirochou, Gintoki fought evenly alongside him to defeat dozens of Shinra assassins, withstanding countless injuries in the process and losing very high amounts of blood)

Adaptation and Information analysis - (Gintoki is noticeably skilled in terms of battlefield tactics, likely due to his extensive experience. He is capable of developing adaptive strategies as he fights, often within seconds, and knows exactly what to look for in an opponent's fighting style to create openings for himself, Noticed Batou was somehow reading his moves before he explains how his eye works) - This is on his profile (I don't know if this counts as adaptation)

Possibly Instinctive Action - (Implied he is capable of fighting just on pure instinct)

Accelerated development and Awakened Power - (Battle: Physical attributes - Stated he was getting stronger the more he fights)

Fourth wall awareness - (Knows he is in anime, Can transform into a 3D version of him self, Talks to the audience alot of times, Often complains about stuff regarding anime studios)

Vibration Manipulation - (Can generate wind blades with sword slashes)

Limited Durability Negation and Pressure points - (Can deslocate bones against characters stronger than him and even himself)

Aura and Limited Illusion Creation - (Via bloodlust - Able to backfire enhanced senses, precog, Telepathy and clairvoyance to make them see an illusion instead of him)

Acausality - (Type 1 - Can fight along with his past self in Gintama: Yorozuya forever)

Non-Physical Interaction - (Capable of interacting with SFX and touching ghosts who can phase through walls)

---------------------------//------------------------------------------------------------------//----------------------------------------------------
Resistences;

Mind Manipulation
- (Wasn't affected by the mindhax of Kintoki, which affected the entire Gintama setting)

Plot Manipulation - (Resisted Kintoki's self-destruction, which would destroy the settings of Gintama to turn into romance manga)

Poison Manipulation and Paralysis Inducement - (Able to move after being hit by Oboro's needles) - 4:16

Precognition, Enhanced Senses, Telepathy and Clairvoyance - (Pluto couldn't read his movements, Even when he says he can read minds, Pluto possesses an eye that can see through his opponent's mind, intention, movement, and even past.)

Analytical prediction - (Bansai couldn't keep up with Gintoki because he couldn't see his sword or rhymth)

Fear manipulation - (Batou states that breakfast and death is the same for Gintoki and as he was about to cut Gintoki's head he was thinking of what to eat in the morning for breakfast)

Pain - (Has ungodly pain tolerance capable of fighting despite being full of injuries and broken bones and tired seen in his fight against Hosen, Kamui, Utsuro, Takasugi and in wars)

Optional Equipment;

Regeneration Negation
- (Able to negate up to Mid-High regen, With Altana Sword he can negate Utsuro's Regeneration who came back after being completely incinerated many times, likely one of them being turned into ashes,)

Pressure points, Poison manipulation and Paralysis inducement - (Via needles - He attacks the pressure points of the human body to paralyse them and cause them to bleed profusely)

Time manipulation and Time Travel - (With Aliens clock which can go forward/backwards and stop in time, Travel back in time to change some events)

Explosion Manipulation with Explosives

Real Katana

Staff votes;

Staff Agrees - Armorchompy, LephyrTheRevanchist, Dereck03

Staff Disagrees -

Staff Neutrals -

Last edited:
Also, it would be much better if you could actually put scans, for the people who don't have idea about the verse.

I wanted to add Analytical prediction but i can't find anything that makes Gintoki have it ;c

Except for Air Manipulation, which might require air hax, I agree with everything. I believe generation of winds with sword slashes for which you linked the feat is actually Shockwave Generation, I am pretty sure there was an ability for that.

Except for Air Manipulation, which might require air hax, I agree with everything. I believe generation of winds with sword slashes for which you linked the feat is actually Shockwave Generation, I am pretty sure there was an ability for that.
Gintoki has many showings of air pressure being showned when he is attacking

Man, you beat me into the punch, i was about to do something similar.
Anyway, i agree, but Air Manipulation looks more like Shockwaves that he does.

Is game version of Gintoki allowed to mix with the anime version?

I mean, Everything he does in the game Gintoki already did in the anime kinda

This site takes the Manga as the main canon. Anime is typically only allowed when it's one-on-one adaptation of the manga, or the creator works on the animed.

This is true- glancing at the CRT, it seems sound, but indeed the anime is typically secondary canon, if canon at all. Granted from my limited understanding Gintama is a bit of a special case, so maybe you can argue it's a separate canon altogether? I wouldn't know.

Last edited:
This is true- glancing at the CRT, it seems sound, but indeed the anime is typically secondary canon, if canon at all. Granted from my limited understanding Gintama is a bit of a special case, so maybe you can argue it's a separate canon altogether? I wouldn't know.
To my knowledge, Gintama manga and anime are the same

As for the games i wasn't sure so i asked XD

I'm also thinking of creating another key for Gintoki which is his gag feats

I want to seperate normal Gintoki and Gag Gintoki, What do you think jester?

2 staff votes so quick :O

Now i just need to wait 2 days

Thanks Armor and Lephyr for your input :)

If there are no differences between anime and canon with respect to feats then these can be used and correlated.

I'm also thinking of creating another key for Gintoki which is his gag feats

I want to seperate normal Gintoki and Gag Gintoki, What do you think jester?
Unless there's some specific context to the gags probably better to just ignore them.

Unless there's some specific context to the gags probably better to just ignore them.
What specific context are we talking about though?

I mean, Is it something like this? (I can't post the gifs)

The gifs about him transforming into mugetsu or him kicking a can out of orbit?

I dunno, honestly, if it's like, a canonical mechanic he has, I know the series gets pretty meta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back