• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ginyu Force stats and tier

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Living_Tribunal1

VS Battles
Joke Battles
Retired
The ginyu force characters (except for guldo) were originally set at 5-A (large planet level), but were shifted down to 5-B when frieza was shifted at that level (a long while back he used to be low 4-C, but then the 5-A demotion happened and the ginyu force was demoted too as a result to ensure a power gap)

but now that frieza was revised (to be well into small star level in base), it would make sense for the force to be at varying levels of large planet level (even with ginyu at or close to dwarf star level , there will still be a decent gap between him and first form frieza)

so, I think we should at least talk about whether the ginyu force (except for guldo) should be placed back at 5-A with large planet level attack potency and durability (with ginyu at possibly High 5-A)

also I think this (large planet level upgrade) should also apply to nail since his power at that time was comparable to normal ginyu force members

They should stay where they are. They're all much weaker than Frieza's first form and there isn't really any valid justification for upgrading them.

Valar Melkor 2 said:
They should stay where they are. They're all much weaker than Frieza's first form and there isn't really any valid justification for upgrading them.
I sincerly doubt they're that much weaker than First Form Frieza, espically considering that Vegeta managed to keep his ground with 1stF Frieza.

even if the recoom, jeice and burter were at 10 ninatons (well into 5-A), they wud be like 0.024 percent of base frieza

even if ginyu were 400 ninatons (safely into High 5-A), he wud still be less than 1 percent the power of base frieza

in other words, placing them there really doesnt go against the scalings and the power progression

JUST TO BE CLEAR HERE

this is for 5-A ginyu force and High 5-A captain ginyu

if someone has other suggestions, please specify them

EDIT: Forgive me its pretty late, I Mean a 5-A Captain Ginyu and At least 5-B Ginyu force, guldo can stay where he is

I proposed a 5-A ginyu force and a low- mid level of High 5-A tier cuz that keeps up with the power progression

as i saw a low- mid level of High 5-A still makes frieza well over 100 x captain ginyu in power

and a decent 5-A still makes frieza a few thousand x ginyu force members

I'll agree with this. Most of the ginyu force being 5-A (Most of them outclassing Captain Ginyu Saga Vegeta Who was probably already 5-A) Than Captain Ginyu being high 5-A, due to him being a lot stronger than the rest of his team.

I have to agree too. With what Aizen said, Guldo should definitely stay at where he is given that at least power-wise, he's the weakest of the bunch. Recoome, Burter and Jeice should definitely get bumped to 5-A. And finally Ginyu himself should be like High end 5-A, if not High 5-A (Dwarf Star level).

so for ginyu doe "At least 5-A, likely High 5-A" sound good? or do you think "Likely High 5-A" is more reasonable?

The Living Tribunal1 said:
so for ginyu doe "At least 5-A, likely High 5-A" sound good? or do you think "Likely High 5-A" is more reasonable?
Well nowadays whenever i try to scale a character through anything, i tend to use a safe way of doing it. This case, i'm more of the former since i can't really recall how much stronger Ginyu was compared to all of his fellow members.

Simply put, the former i'd go with for now unless someone convinces me that the latter is good too if not more...

just for a rounding example, even if ginyu were at like 200 ninatons (safely in High 5-A), he wud still be 1/206 th power of base frieza

so with that in mind, what do you think?

(keep in mind his exact power cap is not stated, and hence it goes based on power progression

personally, i have no problem with either of these groups, but i just wanted to put the gap between even a safe high 5-A and base frieza into perspective)

just for a rounding example, even if ginyu were at like 200 ninatons (safely in High 5-A), he wud still be 1/206 th power of base frieza

(keep in mind his exact power cap is not stated, and hence it goes based on power progression

personally, i have no problem with either of these groups, but i just wanted to put the gap between even a safe high 5-A and base frieza into perspective)
Hmm fair enough. That seems about right then, i guess. Given the power cap between Ginyu's max and Frieza's...max power?

CrossverseCrisis said:

Hmm fair enough. That seems about right then, i guess. Given the power cap between Ginyu's max and Frieza's...max power?
yeah, i mean the gap between even a safe High 5-A (ginyu's upper approximation), and base frieza (known value) is still agigantic, so it could work as well (also he is faaar stronger than rest of the force as well)

Again, fair enough. So we got High 5-A Ginyu, 5-A Recoome, Burter and Jeice, and just 5-B Guldo.

Alright, let's see what others got to say~~

as far as guldo goes, i think i remember him being comparable to saiyan saga vegeta or something

though i am not sure

Hmmm I think this sounds alright.

oh and if anyone was wondering here are the ginyu forces and 1st form Frieza's PLs- I might be wrong but eh.

1st form Frieza 530K

Ginyu 120K Recoome, Jeice, Burter 40-50k Guldo...well we can assume he's below 10k cause that's what Krillin and Gohan's PLs were at when they were fighting him.

Gohan and Krillin were on Saiyan Saga Vegeta's level, so around 18, 000.

Pocket, While we could use them to find the difference in power between two characters but I wouldn't truly rely on them, The Farmer had a power level of 5 while Raditz had 1,200. In reality the gap between there powers is astronomical.

I also used to think Raditz had a pl of 1200 but recently everyone has been telling me his pl was actually 1500. not sure which one is right though

either way

does this grouping look okay:

ginyu gorce (jeice, burter, recoom) : 5-A

captain ginyu: High 5-A/ Likely High 5-A

guldo : same as it is now

zarbon: Planet+ as monster zarbon

either way

does this grouping look okay:

ginyu gorce (jeice, burter, recoom) : 5-A

captain ginyu: High 5-A/ Likely High 5-A

guldo : same as it is now

zarbon: Planet+ as monster zarbon
Yes. I agree with this.

Well, I think that it seems all right, but you can place notices on a few admins message walls to be on the safe side.

Recoome, Burter, and Jeice should likely be upgraded to 5-A. Ginyu should definitely be 5-A, perhaps High 5-A. Guldo should...like, probably stay where he is.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Recoome, Burter, and Jeice should likely be upgraded to 5-A. Ginyu should definitely be 5-A, perhaps High 5-A. Guldo should...like, probably stay where he is.
so for ginyu, is ur vote at "At least 5-A, perhaaps High 5-A'

(because keep in mind, even at likely High 5-A, ginyu will still be less than 1/200th base frieza in power)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back