• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Seriously, this verse needs some new calcs.
Papyrus attack (Also his non special attack blew up that very 8-B building), Undyne the Undying casually destroying the skyscraper (8-B when you plug in pulverization), Undyne the undying destroying the lab, Frisk destroying the canyon. Also, about the vaporization of Flowey and Frisk from earlier. According to the rule for calculations, there needs to be a considerable amount of vapour shown on screen which there isn't. So it'll only be pulverization at best which is 120x worse. Which I assume would be in the Wall level category.

Akumu can crack and destroy weaker versions of the shield. Still scaling but to a rougher opponent. I'll go over in the later column and note about the whole multiplier by amount of blasters thing.
Okay.

Papyrus Blaster is not stronger than Hate Sans'. Sans and Papyrus are already stated to be even, and Papyrus armour was damaged and Papyrus was pretty tired after the hit.
Show me that.
Not sure why Hate Sans' bones are above Frisk's shield durability. Not sure why Hate Sans' bones are superior to Frisk's shield durability.
I was just saying that at lower LV Frisk’s shield is shown more durable than Papyrus as he can block the random pink kumus that can pierce through Papyrus while Hate Sans’ blaster couldn’t. was referring to a lower level frisk. (LV3 not 19) it should around the same if not more.
Although I have no doubt Frisk could block any of HATE Sans attacks considering Frisk blocked an attack from the Season 1 Chara that fought Asriel.
An attack meant for a downed flowey. We see it get broken from a scythe from Base Betty and his sword can clash with that same scythe that can again block the saw, further solidifying relativity to the other. You’re right though, his shield should block anything Sans could dish out (By LV 19)
Even if you say they got stronger, they would get stronger all to the same degree. And that Chara in a weaker (not too much weaker state) was tearing through Sans bones and blasters with ease.
This is base Sans, not Hate Sans whose can already crack and damage Papyrus’ Gaster Blaster while a red blast from Gaster couldn’t. Papyrus’ bones can do the same thing so if anything that implies relativity to hate Sans not base.
This scaling chain becomes much easier once you factor in that most of these guys are around the same strength to hurt each other, only differing in special attacks. The only big gap between the characters is literally everyone VS HATE (+ Seasons 2 Hyperdeath and Chara w/ Peak HATE), and even HATE isn't in a separate tier due to needing multiple blows to break Chara's shield.
His second phase would like to have a word with you.
If they were even that would be an outlier. But being comparable isn't surprising, considering the one DT Sans fought had been corrupted and broken.
Maybe this version is weaker as it was made via remnants of Undyne’s DT instead of a soul full of DT like Frisks.
There's nothing wrong with Gaster being weaker than DT Sans, the very small gap is enough to damage Betty. We discuss the thing about Akumu breaking the hand later, but it's more likely Akumu simply harms the hand.
Okay.
Chara's shield overpowered Asriel's sword attempt to block it. Even without that feat, I think it's pretty clear that attack was on a similar level, not everything needs to be picked and see if they have a feat.
Sure.
Because it's obvious the attack that someone is using to an opponent is going to hurt them.
Not always.
Much like the point from earlier about Mettatons kick, sure we don't have any proof if the kick landed it would've hurt, but then you got the elephant in the room to wonder what would've happened if it landed (Betty would get hurt).
it could have, but considering that the only thing that damaged her was the cannon and that every attack from her was tearing Mettaton’s body apart, It’s reasonable to assume that the kick wouldn’t have did much, if at all.
Papyrus scaling to the blaster is better than anything a wall can be calc'd.
True.
Also speaking of walls, Papyrus withstood getting slammed into a wall by the cyan thread Gaster uses. Which we see in Animosity that attacks like those can stun Betty.
While I would argue Gaster was at the strongest we’ve ever seen him at that point, it could argue some semblance of relativity. It should be noted that Betty’s punch knocked Papyrus and knocked him out for a while but couldn’t do the same with Asgore (which required a charged blast from Toriel or a sword of Asriel)
It's not stated cause it's shown right on the screen. If you slow down after the impact, you see a blast come right out of it. A reference to when Gaster had originally tried to blast Jessica with his hand.
Okay.
We know he can use his usual hand abilities through his actual hands as we see with the cyan thread in Animosity.

So why could Gaster simply bring it right back right after? Camila has said that after his hands are destroyed it takes time, but he brings it back in less than 10 seconds.
Why would deconstruct it and risk taking damage, if watch it slow motion, It shows him putting the hand up trying to construct a shield but it breaks through, hits the hand and sends Gaster flying, we literally see it break.
AP can't scale above durability. Durability always scales above. Also if it was destroyed. Glitchtale never brinked on characters being like <<<<<. It isn't that complex, simply put, all the characters can hurt each other. Akumu is weaker, but that doesn't stop them breaking the hands. Same with Gaster, the fact Akumu can soak up his blows, doesn't stop him from hurting True Form Betty.
AP can scale above durability, it’s physical AP that can’t be Durability. Characters like Sans have been shown to hit way above what his durability allows, the same applies with other Glitchtale characters viewed under this lens. Yes, they broke the hands and got downed by a blaster, which True Form Betty blocked and can comfortably tank. I’m not saying they don’t scale, just that certain characters scale waaaaaaay lower than other characters.

Show me that.
This, they're equally strong and have the same powers
I was just saying that at lower LV Frisk’s shield is shown more durable than Papyrus as he can block the random pink kumus that can pierce through Papyrus while Hate Sans’ blaster couldn’t. was referring to a lower level frisk. (LV3 not 19) it should around the same if not more.
Tbf that could probably just be piercing damage vs blast damage. Even the kids in Glitchtale can block attacks from those blobs.
An attack meant for a downed flowey. We see it get broken from a scythe from Base Betty and his sword can clash with that same scythe that can again block the saw, further solidifying relativity to the other. You’re right though, his shield should block anything Sans could dish out (By LV 19)
Frisk's determination was shattering at that point. As you mentioned before, Frisk was putting up a good fight against Betty, which is why Betty tapped into Frisk's psychology being that Frisk's power comes from the will. Camila also noted that their sword was slowly disappearing due to their guilt eating them away, so by that time when Betty was breaking the shield, Frisk had lost part of their trait.

In terms of Flowey. It's like Chara held back, I know Camila has said before that Chara wasn't trying to kill them but right there Chara was definitely trying to kill Flowey. It's not like Chara kind of chooses what output come out of the knife. So Frisk very much just blocked a blow from Chara. Although if say Chara sent a dozen of them, then yeah Frisk is dead.
This is base Sans, not Hate Sans whose can already crack and damage Papyrus’ Gaster Blaster while a red blast from Gaster couldn’t. Papyrus’ bones can do the same thing so if anything that implies relativity to hate Sans not base.
I already kind of discussed this above but in short. Hate Sans upscales from base Sans, and even if not, he can fight Papyrus who is on Base Sans level.
His second phase would like to have a word with you.
That's actually the form I was referring to. The first form still is in the bracket of the others since Asriel knocked it out for a short time with a single blast. The second form is the only one that differentiates from all the others. The one you can barely clash with, can break your shield in a few blows rather than an innumerable amount, tanking durability from even the sharp blades. But even he is still limited to still being in the tier due to his attacks still being capable of being blocked and cancelled out.
Maybe this version is weaker as it was made via remnants of Undyne’s DT instead of a soul full of DT like Frisks.
Yeah, that's true. Sans could either be equally as strong or weaker as the one from Season 1. I wouldn't see it as remnants since Gaster put it into a tube to basically give him the full amount. although I don't see Undyne's DT being stronger than Frisk's. Not powerwise, but just DT in general. So the one in Season 1 is either stronger or the same. Either way all the Season 1 characters scale in some way or the other.
Not always.
it could have, but considering that the only thing that damaged her was the cannon and that every attack from her was tearing Mettaton’s body apart, It’s reasonable to assume that the kick wouldn’t have did much, if at all.
From how it was portrayed, and the fact Betty blocked it. It's clear the portrayal is that it would hurt her. Of course it wouldn't be massive damage, but Mettaton would've hurt her, and that scales to durability. It just isn't as strong as her other attacks.

While I would argue Gaster was at the strongest we’ve ever seen him at that point, it could argue some semblance of relativity. It should be noted that Betty’s punch knocked Papyrus and knocked him out for a while but couldn’t do the same with Asgore (which required a charged blast from Toriel or a sword of Asriel)
I think that just means Asgore was more durable.

Why would deconstruct it and risk taking damage, if watch it slow motion, It shows him putting the hand up trying to construct a shield but it breaks through, hits the hand and sends Gaster flying, we literally see it break.
I actually have beforehand. From what I see is the hand slams into Gaster, and as he is sent flying, his hand disappears. Also this still doesn't answer why Gaster can reconstruct it the very next second, even though it takes time to recover it back.
AP can scale above durability, it’s physical AP that can’t be Durability. Characters like Sans have been shown to hit way above what his durability allows, the same applies with other Glitchtale characters viewed under this lens. Yes, they broke the hands and got downed by a blaster, which True Form Betty blocked and can comfortably tank. I’m not saying they don’t scale, just that certain characters scale waaaaaaay lower than other characters.
The thing is, Gaster's giant hands are physical. They can hurt True Form Betty, while Akumu can hurt those hands. I wasn't referring to the other characters I think I should make that clear.

Oh yeah I have some extra information. But I think I have an explanation for Gaster performing better. Camila has said that physical matter makes characters stronger overtime on her tumblr. So by the time of Betty and Gaster's fight, he only gained a little bit of physical matter. So he gained a little more in a few days time I guess after. Not too a massive extent since Frisk is still on their level, along with no physical matter DT Sans still being able to compete whom Season 1 characters can still fight the weaker/equal version of. But at least we have a little bit of an explanation.

Okay
Tbf that could probably just be piercing damage vs blast damage. Even the kids in Glitchtale can block attacks from those blobs.
We’re not gonna sit here and act like shields are not overpowered.
Frisk's determination was shattering at that point. As you mentioned before, Frisk was putting up a good fight against Betty, which is why Betty tapped into Frisk's psychology being that Frisk's power comes from the will. Camila also noted that their sword was slowly disappearing due to their guilt eating them away, so by that time when Betty was breaking the shield, Frisk had lost part of their trait.
Even while losing DT, his red armor tanked all that onslaught.
In terms of Flowey. It's like Chara held back, I know Camila has said before that Chara wasn't trying to kill them but right there Chara was definitely trying to kill Flowey. It's not like Chara kind of chooses what output come out of the knife. So Frisk very much just blocked a blow from Chara. Although if say Chara sent a dozen of them, then yeah Frisk is dead.
Sure
From how it was portrayed, and the fact Betty blocked it. It's clear the portrayal is that it would hurt her. Of course it wouldn't be massive damage, but Mettaton would've hurt her, and that scales to durability. It just isn't as strong as her other attacks.
If Goku caught a kick from a random mugger, does the mugger all of a sudden scale to Goku. I think not.
I think that just means Asgore was more durable.
And that Papyrus’ durability doesn’t scale to True Form Betty.
I actually have beforehand. From what I see is the hand slams into Gaster, and as he is sent flying, his hand disappears. Also this still doesn't answer why Gaster can reconstruct it the very next second, even though it takes time to recover it back.
Yes, it takes time but how much time exactly (She never really specified)
The thing is, Gaster's giant hands are physical. They can hurt True Form Betty, while Akumu can hurt those hands. I wasn't referring to the other characters I think I should make that clear. Oh yeah I have some extra information. But I think I have an explanation for Gaster performing better. Camila has said that physical matter makes characters stronger overtime on her tumblr. So by the time of Betty and Gaster's fight, he only gained a little bit of physical matter. So he gained a little more in a few days time I guess after.
This makes more sense actually. Also any post from her relevant to scaling, should be posted already please. But considering his hands go from being broken by Akumu and have his shields be cracked and broken at certain points from being able to pummel True Form Betty with them and with his saw attack, then ho on to and block Sans’ special attack should warrant a notable power increase. mind you, LV 19 Frisk’s and Chara’s magic weapons scale to a stronger version of Betty who should be above this version of Akumu anyway.
Not too a massive extent since Frisk is still on their level, along with no physical matter DT Sans still being able to compete whom Season 1 characters can still fight the weaker/equal version of. But at least we have a little bit of an explanation.
His magic weapons (his other weapons he used in season 1 never shown this level of power, so they don’t necessarily scale) along with his red armor which is an invisble layer of extra durability (which he never had in Season 1 so his physical durability in that era don’t scale). And Hate Sans being the monster that he is can negate it with his bones when Betty required multiple strikes, and Papyrus who is equal to base Sans scales to this. (Hate Sans might not be a big increase in power after all)

We’re not gonna sit here and act like shields are not overpowered.
Yeah but I wouldn’t put fodder attacks over Sans attacks either. Piercing damage acts very much, like well, piercing damage. Enter Asriel, who blasted Chara numerous times in their fight. But Asriel sword kills Chara in one blow.
Even while losing DT, his red armor tanked all that onslaught.
I don’t think we have the same definition of tank. Frisk didn’t tank any of that. That tanking included being pierced through the arm, and having their shield shatter and get knocked out is not tanking. Also I think the point here was on Frisk’s shield, rather than the red armour.
If Goku caught a kick from a random mugger, does the mugger all of a sudden scale to Goku. I think not.
Well the circumstances and portrayal of the situation is different. A random mugger does not pose any threat to Goku at all, so it’s clear that anything he‘d do no matter what he throws wouldn’t work.

But now change the situation to be more akin to Mettaton and Betty. If say Batman and Joker were having a full on ranged fight the entire time, but all the sudden Joker pulled out a knife. But Batman disarmed him before he could do anything. Sure we don’t have proof that Joker can hurt him with a knife but the elephant in the room is pretty obvious that if that knife landed, it’d be pretty bad,
And that Papyrus’ durability doesn’t scale to True Form Betty.
Papyrus takes a blast from HATE Sans. HATE Sans can cripple LVL 19 Frisk who upscsles from their previous version that took blows from Akumu. Akumu can harm Gasters hand constructs that can harm Betty, and hence the hands durability is equal or upscales from that.
Yes, it takes time but how much time exactly (She never really specified)
I think it’s better if you have a look at it yourself. I don’t wanna twist it to my liking.
This makes more sense actually. Also any post from her relevant to scaling, should be posted already please. But considering his hands go from being broken by Akumu and have his shields be cracked and broken at certain points from being able to pummel True Form Betty with them and with his saw attack, then ho on to and block Sans’ special attack should warrant a notable power increase. mind you, LV 19 Frisk’s and Chara’s magic weapons scale to a stronger version of Betty who should be above this version of Akumu anyway.
I’ll leave the whole hand construct destruction thing and see what you think of Camila’s statement above. Cause to me if it’s like a blood test and they’re supposed to be distorted after it, then it kind of convinces me of that. This was back in Season 1 where Gaster was constantly breaking down physically after each hand broke. Same with the falling building, and Blastermination attack. Once the hands shatter it takes a tremendous toll on Gaster, but here when that hand got “destroyed” he made a grunt sound, did a backflip, and fought for several more minutes after that.

His magic weapons (his other weapons he used in season 1 never shown this level of power, so they don’t necessarily scale) along with his red armor which is an invisble layer of extra durability (which he never had in Season 1 so his physical durability in that era don’t scale). And Hate Sans being the monster that he is can negate it with his bones when Betty required multiple strikes, and Papyrus who is equal to base Sans scales to this. (Hate Sans might not be a big increase in power after all)
It’s not like Frisk really was even around enough with their magical abilities in Season 1. They gained it, let Asriel absorb their Soul, and that’s it. And in that one moment, the shield cancelled out an attack from a top tier character in Season 1 that shredded through Sans attacks, Gaster’s durability, and Omega Flowey’s limbs.

Not sure where the point where the shields and bones are going. But I was just saying that Frisk in Season 1 still has scaling to Season 2. Season 2 Sans being able to hurt True Form Betty, whom Season 1 DT Sans is equal if not greater than.

Last edited:
I don’t think we have the same definition of tank. Frisk didn’t tank any of that. That tanking included being pierced through the arm, and having their shield shatter and get knocked out is not tanking. Also I think the point here was on Frisk’s shield, rather than the red armour.
Yeah, the only notable thing the red armor tanked was Akumu slamming into him and it broke afterwards, though this was only after his DT was crippled.
Well the circumstances and portrayal of the situation is different. A random mugger does not pose any threat to Goku at all, so it’s clear that anything he‘d do no matter what he throws wouldn’t work. But now change the situation to be more akin to Mettaton and Betty. If say Batman and Joker were having a full on ranged fight the entire time, but all the sudden Joker pulled out a knife. But Batman disarmed him before he could do anything. Sure we don’t have proof that Joker can hurt him with a knife but the elephant in the room is pretty obvious that if that knife landed, it’d be pretty bad.
Could’ve not would’ve. It’s been shown that Betty at that point is demonstrably superior to Mettaton as far as raw physicals went, so it’s more likely that it wouldn’t do jack.
I think it’s better if you have a look at it yourself. I don’t wanna twist it to my liking.

I’ll leave the whole hand construct destruction thing and see what you think of Camila’s statement above. Cause to me if it’s like a blood test and they’re supposed to be distorted after it, then it kind of convinces me of that. This was back in Season 1 where Gaster was constantly breaking down physically after each hand broke. Same with the falling building, and Blastermination attack. Once the hands shatter it takes a tremendous toll on Gaster, but here when that hand got “destroyed” he made a grunt sound, did a backflip, and fought for several more minutes after that.
I think it’s more like how it get’s destroy, the destruction of the green hand only seems to actually take a toll on his body when his strongest shield get’s destroyed, Take his battle with DT Sans for example, him blocking rubble and him blocking Sans’ special attack. I believe each colored hand varies for Gaster and depending on how it’s destroyed would affect him.
It’s not like Frisk really was even around enough with their magical abilities in Season 1. They gained it, let Asriel absorb their Soul, and that’s it. And in that one moment, the shield cancelled out an attack from a top tier character in Season 1 that shredded through Sans attacks, Gaster’s durability, and Omega Flowey’s limbs.
True, but that would upscale Frisk above is his Season 1 counterpart that didn’t, at least the one above Megalomaniac anyway, Season 2 Frisk primarily uses his magic weapons, his shield and his red armor which Season 1 has nothing to compete against that without (as he never used magic weapons til the end of Season 1)
Not sure where the point where the shields and bones are going. But I was just saying that Frisk in Season 1 still has scaling to Season 2. Season 2 Sans being able to hurt True Form Betty, whom Season 1 DT Sans is equal if not greater than.
Yes, but only with his magic weapons/armor. His other attributes without them don’t scale. I was trying to say that Hate Sans broke through a stronger Frisk’s red armor with less effort than Akumu could or at the very least shown with a weaker one. Sans as you said is equal to Papyrus, so they should be capable of such.

Last edited:
Could’ve not would’ve. It’s been shown that Betty at that point is demonstrably superior to Mettaton as far as raw physicals went, so it’s more likely that it wouldn’t do jack.
I feel that's different. I feel superior and incomparable are different. Betty is physically the strongest character in the series minus HATE, and Hyperdeath (Probably Photoshop Flowey as well if say someone got the 6 Souls). But Mettaton at least by that point was able to restrain Betty right after transforming. Betty also right after catching Mettatons kick was slammed into the ground. It's hard to articulate the damage, but it was strong enough to stun Betty and get her off, who had a tight gripe on them. Even without the physical stuff I pointed out, Betty felt the need to block the kick. Much like the Batman and Joker example, he felt the need to block the knife even if there's no evidence that the knife could hurt. And considering everything else Mettaton did hurt her, it isn't off the hook that the kick would stun and send Betty flying rather than having any significant damage.
I think it’s more like how it get’s destroy, the destruction of the green hand only seems to actually take a toll on his body when his strongest shield get’s destroyed, Take his battle with DT Sans for example, him blocking rubble and him blocking Sans’ special attack. I believe each colored hand varies for Gaster and depending on how it’s destroyed would affect him.
Camila's post was in general if the hands get destroyed. So it isn't just the green hand. In Yet Darker Yet Darker he was breaking down after the last 3 hands were destroyed. Camila also has said the rubble was because Gaster was exerting his magic too much trying to hold up a building. The Duality hands both of them combined also hold the 7 hands. So destroying one of them would be devasting as it completely halfs all his reserves. Also the hand that Akumu "destroyed" was a green hand, so it should've been absolutely devasting for him.
True, but that would upscale Frisk above is his Season 1 counterpart that didn’t, at least the one above Megalomaniac anyway, Season 2 Frisk primarily uses his magic weapons, his shield and his red armor which Season 1 has nothing to compete against that without (as he never used magic weapons til the end of Season 1)

Yes, but only with his magic weapons/armor. His other attributes without them don’t scale. I was trying to say that Hate Sans broke through a stronger Frisk’s red armor with less effort than Akumu could or at the very least shown with a weaker one. Sans as you said is equal to Papyrus, so they should be capable of such.
I think it's better to plug this into a single point since it can also be rooted to Season 1 Frisk and Season 2 Frisk. To say the least about the red armour. Frisk didn't necessarily always use the ability. When Betty kicked Betty with Akumu, Frisk didn't necessarily use the red armour to block it. Same with Sans using bones to pierce LVL 19 Frisk, there wasn't a sign of the red armour in use. It seems to be something that Frisk only uses sparingly.

Also one of the sources I used about how Frisk didn't know they could make magical weapons. Camila has said that Frisk "Threw magic out of them" for their usual physical weapons.

Oh yeah another character to point out that can't get stronger because of physical matter is Mettaton NEO.

Camila's post was in general if the hands get destroyed. So it isn't just the green hand. In Yet Darker Yet Darker he was breaking down after the last 3 hands were destroyed. Camila also has said the rubble was because Gaster was exerting his magic too much trying to hold up a building. The Duality hands both of them combined also hold the 7 hands. So destroying one of them would be devasting as it completely halfs all his reserves. Also the hand that Akumu "destroyed" was a green hand, so it should've been absolutely devasting for him.
Might have been a writing error and she forget about that rule when writing the fight. But the only time the green one breaks and it actually strains him is when he overexerts himself instead of it breaking prematurely like it did with Akumu. I don’t wanna drag this point out, the hands had always had bad durability always getting one-shot whenever it is hit. So it damaging True Form Betty later on would just indicate that he got stronger.
I think it's better to plug this into a single point since it can also be rooted to Season 1 Frisk and Season 2 Frisk. To say the least about the red armour. Frisk didn't necessarily always use the ability. When Betty kicked Betty with Akumu, Frisk didn't necessarily use the red armour to block it. Same with Sans using bones to pierce LVL 19 Frisk, there wasn't a sign of the red armour in use. It seems to be something that Frisk only uses sparingly.
Not really, it’s portrayed to be an invisible layer of armor that protects the whole body and it only breaks after Akumu rams into him, that kick probably wasn’t enough to break it. It function more like a extra layer of protection that can be broken with enough damage.
Also one of the sources I used about how Frisk didn't know they could make magical weapons. Camila has said that Frisk "Threw magic out of them" for their usual physical weapons.
them referring to themselves or the weapon.
Oh yeah another character to point out that can't get stronger because of physical matter is Mettaton NEO.
True.
Papyrus attack (Also his non special attack blew up that very 8-B building), Undyne the Undying casually destroying the skyscraper (8-B when you plug in pulverization), Undyne the undying destroying the lab, Frisk destroying the canyon. Also, about the vaporization of Flowey and Frisk from earlier.
Papyrus did it with a blaster and he tanked that explosion, that should be calced. There’s also the numerous explosion feats in the show.

Might have been a writing error and she forget about that rule when writing the fight. But the only time the green one breaks and it actually strains him is when he overexerts himself instead of it breaking prematurely like it did with Akumu. I don’t wanna drag this point out, the hands had always had bad durability always getting one-shot whenever it is hit. So it damaging True Form Betty later on would just indicate that he got stronger.
Tbf breaking the hand would go over his limit because he basically has to summon half of his hands again in a short amount of time. I don't remember an occasion where the hands get constantly one-shot. The small ones yes, but the large ones I don't remember even being hit that much. The only durability they have is scaling from AP, and taking the Blastermination for an unknown period of time (The last shot shows the green shield completely died down, and it were only the hands protecting Sans). Other than that, it has barely been attacked.

I know I mentioned monsters getting stronger earlier but telling by how in a months time they only gained a bit of physical matter. Not sure how long the Betty war was going on, but by the time of Game over Part 1, Camila has said only 3 days went by, and the events of Gaster going to fight Kumuzilla, all the way to fighting HATE were all on the same day (Night time only occurred when HATE died). So a couple of days should be trivial when a month could only get them a bit of matter.
Not really, it’s portrayed to be an invisible layer of armor that protects the whole body and it only breaks after Akumu rams into him, that kick probably wasn’t enough to break it. It function more like a extra layer of protection that can be broken with enough damage.
It also has an aura effect that cancels out damages. Like when Frisk slammed into the wall the armour made a clear indicator, and when Akumu slammed into them. But when Frisk got kicked it didn't absorb the damage, it completely downed Frisk with no red armour aura to show it soaked in the damage. Same with HATE Sans bones, it didn't show the red armour being chopped away. Another point in the fight that's vital is the red armour hadn't been shattered till Akumu slammed into them. But before Betty had shattered their shield, they had impaled Frisk in the arm. Which is strange because the red armour should still be there right? That's where it seems to be more something they pull out by will.
them referring to themselves or the weapon.
I was going to say throw magic out of the weapons they had. But the more I try to figure out whether Camila was referring to taking magic from a weapon or throwing magic onto it, I dug myself a rabbit hole. So I'll just ignore it for now.
Thing is Mettaton NEO also is another character that then ties Season 1 to Season 2 power scaling. The weaker Undying is stronger than them, and Frisk could trade blows with them.
Papyrus did it with a blaster and he tanked that explosion, that should be calced. There’s also the numerous explosion feats in the show.
Obviously not tanked considering it tore through his blaster and knocked him out. But yeah, I have noted other explosion feats in the show. Quite a bit of them are from HATE. (I think the explosion radius for the Chara and Asriel attack should be calculated)

Back