• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Godzilla: Heisei II kaijuu AP and dura

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, I agree to the rating now. But I think we should update the profiles and remove the manga part from SpaceGodzilla as mentioned previously

I'll try to revise the best era of Godzilla films that followed Gojira and Shin (fite me)

Currently, we put Heisei II kaijuu as Planet level for 2 reasons: Battra being stated by the shobijin as capable of destroying an Earth-threatening asteroid, and SpaceGodzilla also stated by the shobijin as capable of destroying Earth, both in the movie, and in the manga adaptation. Heisei II Godzilla and any other kaijuu scaling from him scale from them. Let's take a look at each reason

Battra
Battra was stated by the shobijin that he holds the power to destroy an approaching asteroid, capable of "destroying" Earth. This blog has the calculations of 2 scenarios: the asteroid creating a mass-extinction (32.78 teratons - Country level), or outright destroying Earth via overcoming its GBE (267.09 zettatons - Planet level). My issue is: Why do we pick the 2nd scenario? The destruction this asteroid would create is only hypothetical. Destroy Earth is a phrase we hear all the time if we spend time on this wiki. Boros said it, but we rate him at surface wiping. It being an asteroid doesn't mean it has to destroy Earth in 1 single hit. Look at the Chicxulub Impact Event. It was only calculated at 100 teratons, but the chain reaction that followed led to the K-T extinction event. And if you want to say picking the planet-busting end aligns with the SpaceGodzilla statement, I'll take it to the second point.

SpaceGodzilla
Here is SpaceGodzilla's current explanations:

Superior to Battra, as he defeated Godzilla fairly easily in their first encounter and would later only be defeated by the combined efforts of Godzilla and M.O.G.U.E.R.A., Stated by the Cosmos twins to have destroyed planets in his journey to Earth in the manga adaptation of the film.

Nothing wrong with scaling him from Battra and Godzilla, as the movie made clear how easily he defeated Godzilla early on. The problem is with the manga explanation. It violates our rule of accepting adaptation, not helped by the fact that the manga has some pretty clear differences from the movie (such as having a different protagonist, and Mechagodzilla being rebuilt only to get one-shotted by MOGUERA, despite it being a plot point in the movie that MOGUERA is a budget version of Mechagodzilla). Furthermore, being stated to have destroyed planets after planets is nearly the same deal as Showa King Ghidorah, yet we don't even allow him to be a surface wiper, let alone a planet-buster.

Conclusion
In short, we accept statements for Battra and SpaceGodzilla at face value, not accounting the context for the former, and the timeframe for the latter.

So what to do?

I dug through blogs made by Gallavant and J-Man, and found some calculations that would place them at tier 7 to 6.

We need to discuss which calc is the most accurate and apply it to the profiles
I do have a VERY specific Formula that COULD become, at the very best, a logical explanation for how powerful HeiseiGoji is in each movie. Or, at the very worst, a template for others to use as a blueprint to find out how powerful HeiseiGoji gets from Godzilla vs. Mothra until he becomes Burning Godzilla (and maybe even when he's Burning Godzilla!). But I don't know if I'm ready to share it yet, for it's my grand masterpiece!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back