• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Godzilla (Legendary) vs Leatherback, Otachi, & Slattern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Legendary Godzilla is up against three Pacific Rim kaiju at once. Can he win?

Victory via death or KO. Weights for PR kaiju are scaled to 20x official weight. Battle takes place in Los Angeles.

Profiles:

Godzilla

Leatherback

Otachi

Slatter

Current votes,

Godzilla: 2

PR Trio: 1

Tie/Inconclusive: 0

Isn't Godzilla's armor... Heavier? So he probably can outpower them without his infamous Atomic Breath.

EDIT: Actually, logicaly if their weight scaled their speed should be downgraded as well as other parameters change.

Yamatohime said:
Isn't Godzilla's armor... Heavier? So he probably can outpower them without his infamous Atomic Breath.

EDIT: Actually, logicaly if their weight scaled their speed should be downgraded as well as other parameters change.
The increase in weight brings with it a coinciding increase in strength, so if anything, they're faster. I just didn't want Godzilla to be 30x heavier than his opponents.

ConsumingFire said:
The increase in weight brings with it a coinciding increase in strength, so if anything, they're faster. I just didn't want Godzilla to be 30x heavier than his opponents.
Actually slower. It's size that increase speed.

But that aside. You should have calculated their mass then more accurately.

Yamatohime said:
Actually slower. It's size that increase speed.

But that aside. You should have calculated their mass then more accurately.
Even with the increase, Godzilla is still the heaviest kaiju here by a significant margin. All that has happened is that Slattern is now 67500 tons instead of 6750, Leatherback is 29000 tons, and Otachi is 26900 tons. For the sake of the battle, the negative impacts of these gains are being ignored.

Yamatohime said:
Slattern should weight more then Godzilla if I remember right about his size.
You're correct. PR kaiju weights are now fixed at 20x official weight, which puts Slattern at 135000 tons for this fight. The other two are still lighter than Godzilla, which makes sense as they're smaller.

Anyway, enough about weights. Let's get to the battle.

Still, Atomic Breath should make a short work of them. We saw that plasma canons can easily damage PR kaiju so Godzilla should be able to fry them easily.

Yamatohime said:
Still, Atomic Breath should make a short work of them. We saw that plasma canons can easily damage PR kaiju so Godzilla should be able to fry them easily.
Agreed, but seeing as this is Legendary Godzilla, he'll probably just opt for a physical beatdown. He only uses his AB as a last resort since doing so taxes his own radiation reserves.

Didn't Godzilla 2014 survive being in the ground Zero of the Chixclub impact in the Official Prequel Comic written by the same writter of the film Max Boresteim?? Chixclub impact relase an energy equivalent to 100 Teratons. Making this Godzilla Country Level Durability.

HYPERGODZILLA said:
Didn't Godzilla 2014 survive being in the ground Zero of the Chixclub impact in the Official Prequel Comic written by the same writter of the film Max Boresteim?? Chixclub impact relase an energy equivalent to 100 Teratons. Making this Godzilla Country Level Durability.
He did and the prequel comics was said to be canon (maybe we should update his and MUTOs' profiles based on that?). That's one of the reasons Godzilla should win here.

Skeleturtle said:
HYPERGODZILLA said:
He did and the prequel comics was said to be canon (maybe we should update his and MUTOs' profiles based on that?). That's one of the reasons Godzilla should win here.
The comic heavily contradicts itself on the meteor impact. In one panel, we see what looks like the meteor flying over Godzilla and the monster he was fighting (I don't know its name). However, in the panel immediately after the impact, the ground surrounding Godzilla wasn't vaporized. All that happened was that a big chasm opened near him. If he had been anywhere near ground zero, the ground should have been vaporized.

There's also the fact that the monster Godzilla fought in that comic was killed by one of the Castle Bravo nukes, the biggest of which was only 15 Megatons in strength. If that thing had survived a 100 Teraton impact, a 15 Megaton nuke shouldn't have been able to so much as scratch it, let alone burn it to ash.

This also brings up an interesting point. In the comic, the enemy monster survived a direct blast from Godzilla's atomic breath, yet it was quickly vaporized by the outer edge of a nuclear explosion (which would have had a temperature in the thousands to hundreds of thousands of degrees Celsius). If we take that to be canon, that means Godzilla 2014's atomic breath was below hundreds of thousands of degrees in temperature.

In that case, Slattern may not be immediately killed by Godzilla's atomic breath and may have some fighting chance considering he's teamed up with Otachi, who can fly, as well as a third Pacific Rim kaiju. The MUTOs almost killed Godzilla due to their teamwork, and now we have an arguably worse situation for G'14.

ZillaJrKaijuKing said:
The comic heavily contradicts itself on the meteor impact. In one panel, we see what looks like the meteor flying over Godzilla and the monster he was fighting (I don't know its name). However, in the panel immediately after the impact, the ground surrounding Godzilla wasn't vaporized. All that happened was that a big chasm opened near him. If he had been anywhere near ground zero, the ground should have been vaporized.</p>
That, and at the beginning of the movie it when the Godzilla skeleton was shown implies that there were multiple Godzillas during the Permian-Triassic extinction event and whether the one shown in the panel shot with the meteor is the same one that fought the MUTOs in the movie is left kind of ambiguous.

As for the battle at hand, yeah, this situation is arguably worse for Godzilla than the movie was. However, a possible (albeit in no way official) reason for him being tired at the end of the fight with the MUTOs may be that the MUTOs, which were shown to both parasitize Godzilla's species and feed on radiation, might have been draining him of his reserves during the course of the fight (they did bite him a lot) and with Godzilla using his Atomic Breath twice taxing his body even more. If this is the case, then Godzilla shouldn't be nearly as tired (if at all) during this fight.

This being Godzilla 2014, he will likely attempt to physically overpower these three at first, and keeping in mind the relative size differences, he just might be able to.

Otachi's acid, though, will be a problem if it hits.

That, and at the beginning of the movie it when the Godzilla skeleton was shown implies that there were multiple Godzillas during the Permian-Triassic extinction event and whether the one shown in the panel shot with the meteor is the same one that fought the MUTOs in the movie is left kind of ambiguous.

As for the battle at hand, yeah, this situation is arguably worse for Godzilla than the movie was. However, a possible (albeit in no way official) reason for him being tired at the end of the fight with the MUTOs may be that the MUTOs, which were shown to both parasitize Godzilla's species and feed on radiation, might have been draining him of his reserves during the course of the fight (they did bite him a lot) and with Godzilla using his Atomic Breath twice taxing his body even more. If this is the case, then Godzilla shouldn't be nearly as tired (if at all) during this fight.

This being Godzilla 2014, he will likely attempt to physically overpower these three at first, and keeping in mind the relative size differences, he just might be able to.

Otachi's acid, though, will be a problem if it hits.

Not much, Godzilla can regenerate, obviously His Regenerationn isn't Luke The heisei or even shows era, but can help here, so..

Man, this thread is old, anyway, even Slattern is possibly High 7-C, while the Godzilla your using is At Least 7-B, so I think Godzilla takes this pretty handily, I don't think the trio's attacks can do much damage, since City>>>Town

DBZMLP12345 said:
Man, this thread is old, anyway, even Slattern is possibly High 7-C, while the Godzilla your using is At Least 7-B, so I think Godzilla takes this pretty handily, I don't think the trio's attacks can do much damage, since City>>>Tow
It might depend. Striker Eureka's self-destruct, according to its article, had a yield of 1.2 Megatons. Considering how Slattern was closer to its nuke than Godzilla when it blew up and the fact that Slattern also had huge gaping wounds facing the blast, Slattern's durability feat may be as good or even better than Godzilla's depending on the energy density they experienced. Someone would have to do a more in-depth analysis to say for sure.

Worth noting, since the PR battles are mainly in water, the weights used are possibly water displacement. Anyway, the PR trio rip him apart. Otachi can fly circles around him, Leatherback's EMP will prevent Godzilla from using his beam, and Slattern can stomp all over him with being 250 feet taller and whatnot. Also, for people who still say they are not strong enough, Leatherback is a 195,00 tonner in strength. Source: http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/off-topic-5/pacific-rim-how-strong-was-leatherback-1515539/

Keep in mind this is using the 1,950 ton weights. Using the 20x weights, he is a 3,900,000 tonner. ALMODT 4 MILLION TONS!

This may even be a stomp, my vote goes to PR kaiju.

Also on the "1.2" megaton blast. That was the bomb, not counting Striker Eureka's reactor/missiles exploding, and that Slattern was critically damaged. the fireball itself, on pure guessing from the size seen in the film, looks around 12-15 megatons. I calced this by seeing the rate it grows, the curve, and how long the scene is, and comparing it to the blast size of other nukes.

Godzilla vs gipsy danger said:
Worth noting, since the PR battles are mainly in water, the weights used are possibly water displacement. Anyway, the PR trio rip him apart. Otachi can fly circles around him, Leatherback's EMP will prevent Godzilla from using his beam, and Slattern can stomp all over him with being 250 feet taller and whatnot. Also, for people who still say they are not strong enough, Leatherback is a 195,00 tonner in strength. Source: http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/off-topic-5/pacific-rim-how-strong-was-leatherback-1515539/

Keep in mind this is using the 1,950 ton weights. Using the 20x weights, he is a 3,900,000 tonner. ALMODT 4 MILLION TONS!

the EMP wouldn't prevent Goji from using atomic breath, even though, Otachi wouldn't doo much, she would get beaten into a building much like the Male Muto. Sheer weight also would help godzilla in this, he ragdolled Femuto, and she weights a lot(I don't remember if it was 50.000 or 80.000 tons)

Your math is a bit off... 1950 x 20 is 39,000... not 3,900,000.

Godzilla weighs 90,000 tons, btw.

Oh, wow, I really am terrible at math. But seriously the EMP still would interfere, it is what the MUTOs used to prevent him from using his breath. (The way they slam their claw makes a EMP that weakens Godzilla). Also, the MUTO was reletively weak, as he died from being hit into a building. Otachi was fine plowing through multiple. Also, her carcass and baby survived a 60 megaton fall, so that would not happen. Also, I found out that the Leatherback calc is

A) Overkill to wrestle Godzilla

B) Serious lowballing, using mass x acceleration I got 5,563,662 ton force, which may not be the same as lifting or strikeing strength but that is also is US tons.

The point is, these kaiju can easily fight and even outmatch Godzilla in strength, already do in speed, agility and may in durability (60 megaton fall vs 15 megaton nuke, which in universe is possibly "kilotons, not megatons," but then again I will not argue.

That's debatable however I think it was said somewhere in the film that the MUTO's EMP evolved as a defense mechanism against Godzilla's species for exactly that purpose. However it should be noted that the MUTO's EMP also has a far greater range (5 miles as opposed to a few hundred feet), so it might be stronger than LB's.

Godzilla tail-slammed him into a skyscraper at supersonic speeds. Of course he's dead.

She didn't demolish those buildings at nearly the speed the male MUTO impacted the skyscraper at though... and where was the fall calced at 60 megatons?

Also, I found out that the Leatherback calc is

A) Overkill to wrestle Godzilla
I really don't buy that LB is that strong. The Comicvine calc you provided has mass and distance listed but not acceleration.

The point is, these kaiju can easily fight and even outmatch Godzilla in strength, already do in speed, agility and may in durability (60 megaton fall vs 15 megaton nuke, which in universe is possibly "kilotons, not megatons," but then again I will not argue.
The soldier who made that comment in-universe was likely misinformed... that or it was an error on the writer's part.

Actually my math is correct, I was not referring to Gipsy's weight but Leatherback's strength. And the actual mass times acceleration for that is 5,560,000 force tons, roughly. And that was using the official weights. The point being that three Kaiju will definitely outclass Godzilla in strength.

Actually my math is correct, I was not referring to Gipsy's weight but Leatherback's strength. And the actual mass times acceleration for that is 5,560,000 force tons, roughly. And that was using the official weights. The point being that three Kaiju will definitely outclass Godzilla in strength.
Well, Godzilla never really lifted anything that weighs more than him, so we can't discuss about this I think, but well, Atomic Breath is a ranged weapon and as Consumind fire said, the EMP os the MUTOS probably developed to interfere with godzilla, so Atomic Breath will work

Chu Minh Duy said:
how about Godzilla 2014 vs Mega Kaiju from Pacific Rim : Uprising
It would be a stomp in the Kaiju's favor. It was one shotting Jaegers easily. It is bigger, stronger, faster, and more durable than Godzilla.

EDIT: Adding feats of PR characters for scaling.

Bracer Phoenix slammed through multiple buildings and is fine.

Plasma cannon chucks Obsidian Fury over 2000 feet. It is still tanked.

Gravity Sling chucks cars hard enough to knock over Obsidian Fury.

Obsidian Fury uppercuts Gipsy Avenger through a building.

Raijin ignores multiple skyscrapers falling on him while running.

Slattern tanks 80 megaton explosion.

Kaiju can ignore getting limbs amputated, blown apart, or being stabbed.

It would be a stomp in the Kaiju's favor. It was one shotting Jaegers easily. It is bigger, stronger, faster, and more durable than Godzilla.

Except none of that comes even close to Legendary's 3 teraton feat

If you mean the meteor feat, that can easily be debunked. It was just some scientist's theory, the meteor hit nowhere near Godzilla, and we don't know if it was even the same Godzilla. I also would like to correct my earlier statement on Slattern surviving 80 mt, it was actually 1092 mt.

If you mean the meteor feat, that can easily be debunked. It was just some scientist's theory, the meteor hit nowhere near Godzilla, and we don't know if it was even the same Godzilla. I also would like to correct my earlier statement on Slattern surviving 80 mt, it was actually 1092 mt.
even it was a point blank hit, the damage output is still the same or nearly close to direct hit, it's still deal more than 3 Teratons in low end and correct me if im wrong, the Mega-Kaiju was literally lighter and less durable compare to Godzilla, while his skin get slashed and being stab through by some weak plasma swords and chainsaws, he lose one of it's own tusk by Bracer Phoenix's morning Star , and btw , nothing state that Mega-Kaiju is Stronger , faster or Durable than Godzilla, while he lift a 2000+ jaeger in his mouth compare to Godzilla who can push at least 80,000 tons MUTO without any effort, and also all the feats you give above are just make PR:Uprising kaijus and jaegers only on tier 8 , no more no less, oh and btw if you tries to scaling them to the first movie then it will be too vague , and none of these new kaijus can be anywhere near that

Except none of that comes even close to Legendary's 3 teraton feat If you mean the meteor feat, that can easily be debunked. It was just some scientist's theory, the meteor hit nowhere near Godzilla, and we don't know if it was even the same Godzilla. I also would like to correct my earlier statement on Slattern surviving 80 mt, it was actually 1092 mt.
even it was a point blank hit, the damage output is still the same or nearly close to direct hit, it's still deal more than 3 Teratons in low end and correct me if im wrong, the Mega-Kaiju was literally lighter and less durable compare to Godzilla, while his skin get slashed and being stab through by some weak plasma swords and chainsaws, he lose one of it's own tusk by Bracer Phoenix's morning Star , and btw , nothing state that Mega-Kaiju is Stronger , faster or Durable than Godzilla, while he lift a 2000+ jaeger in his mouth compare to Godzilla who can push at least 80,000 tons MUTO without any effort, and also all the feats you give above are just make PR:Uprising kaijus and jaegers only on tier 8 , no more no less, oh and btw if you tries to scaling them to the first movie then it will be too vague , and none of these new kaijus can be anywhere near that

No, the meteor landed nowhere near them; there wasn't any dust or debris in the air. Mega Kaiju is more durable than Godzilla, who's best feat is surviving 15 megatons and disappearing for decades. Slattern, who is orders of magnitude weaker than Mega Kaiju, tanked 1092 megatons with some minor scratches. Mega Kaiju is visibly faster than Godzilla, and stronger as well. Raijin, a mere component, tanked several skyscrapers. Godzilla was knocked out by one. Raijin casually backhanded 15k+ tons of Bracer Phoenix through several buildings, which was shrugged off like nothing. A similar hit killed the Male MUTO. Mega Kaiju itself can bite that Jaeger in half, and severed another's lower torso easily. Yes, the newer Jaegers and Kaiju can be scaled from he first film. The newer Jaegers should logically be stronger than earlier models. The Kaiju don't have to be massively more powerful, they are still category 4 and 5. The new Jaegers were beating them easily, anyways. So original Jaegers and Kaiju =< newer Kaiju < newer Jaegers <<< Mega Kaiju. EDIT: Would also like to refute to 80k ton MUTO claim. The Female MUTO weighs about 26k tons, Raijin weighs about 45k. I got these numbers from another forum, in which a user used 3D software to measure.

nah , don't scale Slattern with Mega-Kaiju due to differrent category, btw the asteroid was happened near both Godzilla and Shinomura , and strike directly to the body of the Shinomura and it was not completely destroyed the body, even it was nowhere near both of them , the magnitude still being more than few hundred Gigatons with it's own shockwaves in it's range ,let alone a point blank hit ,and correct me if im wrong Bracer Phoenix is 2,128 tons not 15k tons like you were exaggerating, and there are no feats support you that the newer models is logically stronger than the old one , since most of PR: Uprising kaiju can't deal a 7.2 magnitude earthquake by walking like Trespasser did which is a feats to scale from all cat 4 to bellow in the 1st movies, and again Godzilla was knocked out by a building that 3 times taller than himself while being heavilly injured and exhausted from being stabbed in the neck , and get hit multiple times by the MUTOs , while most of the building fall to Raijin are basically some normal Buildings and none of these building are anywhere near a Skycraper like you were exaggerating , Slattern after take on Striker self Destruct is heavily damaged in some of his tail part , arms, and also the Kamikaze strike that killed Mega-Kaiju has way lesser magnitude and destruction capability than Striker self destruct, which is caused a small avalanche and not damaged Mt Fuji at all, while Striker Self destruct can draw out all water from a large area in the depth of the ocean

If you mean the meteor feat, that can easily be debunked. It was just some scientist's theory, the meteor hit nowhere near Godzilla, and we don't know if it was even the same Godzilla. I also would like to correct my earlier statement on Slattern surviving 80 mt, it was actually 1092 mt.even it was a point blank hit, the damage output is still the same or nearly close to direct hit, it's still deal more than 3 Teratons in low end and correct me if im wrong, the Mega-Kaiju was literally lighter and less durable compare to Godzilla, while his skin get slashed and being stab through by some weak plasma swords and chainsaws, he lose one of it's own tusk by Bracer Phoenix's morning Star , and btw , nothing state that Mega-Kaiju is Stronger , faster or Durable than Godzilla, while he lift a 2000+ jaeger in his mouth compare to Godzilla who can push at least 80,000 tons MUTO without any effort, and also all the feats you give above are just make PR:Uprising kaijus and jaegers only on tier 8 , no more no less, oh and btw if you tries to scaling them to the first movie then it will be too vague , and none of these new kaijus can be anywhere near that No, the meteor landed nowhere near them; there wasn't any dust or debris in the air. Mega Kaiju is more durable than Godzilla, who's best feat is surviving 15 megatons and disappearing for decades. Slattern, who is orders of magnitude weaker than Mega Kaiju, tanked 1092 megatons with some minor scratches. Mega Kaiju is visibly faster than Godzilla, and stronger as well. Raijin, a mere component, tanked several skyscrapers. Godzilla was knocked out by one. Raijin casually backhanded 15k+ tons of Bracer Phoenix through several buildings, which was shrugged off like nothing. A similar hit killed the Male MUTO. Mega Kaiju itself can bite that Jaeger in half, and severed another's lower torso easily. Yes, the newer Jaegers and Kaiju can be scaled from he first film. The newer Jaegers should logically be stronger than earlier models. The Kaiju don't have to be massively more powerful, they are still category 4 and 5. The new Jaegers were beating them easily, anyways. So original Jaegers and Kaiju =< newer Kaiju < newer Jaegers <<< Mega Kaiju. EDIT: Would also like to refute to 80k ton MUTO claim. The Female MUTO weighs about 26k tons, Raijin weighs about 45k. I got these numbers from another forum, in which a user used 3D software to measure.
80,000 tons is female MUTO official weight , and Raijin official weight is 3,405 tons, , if you want to refuse go ahead and blame those director, and also using 3-D software to measure about size doesn't mean that give you an accurate weight , like saying a Argentinosaurus is heavier than a Blue Whale

WeeklyBattles said:
Legendary Godzilla solos Pacific Rim
Just gonna throw that out there right now
our friend @Gypsy here won't accept the feats Legendary Godzilla survives an asteroid in the Permian period , and he keep say that Mega-Kaiju can comparable to Slattern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back