• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Godzilla (Showa) vs. Zilla Jr. (Heroic Godzilla Showdown)

Godzilla (Showa)

Godzilla_1973.png

vs.

Zilla Jr.

Zilla_jr.png

Fight takes place on Monster Island (the movie one, not the cartoon one, not that it makes a difference anyway).

A 1v1 showdown between two of the most paragon Godzillas in the history of the franchise. Who wins and why?

Okay, maybe this'll get the ball rolling. I'm gonna list feats that I remember off the top of my head.

Showa Godzilla:

• Threw the 30,000-metric ton King Ghidorah and 40,000-metric ton MechaGodzilla, also flipped an 80,000-ton monster over his shoulder in the Zone Fighter crossover
  • Atomic breath flight at Mach 1+ (actually gives only Small Town Level energy output and is not very useful in combat anyway, so not very relevant)
  • Survived King Ghidorah's gravity bolts, which IIRC were calculated to have an energy output of several Gigatons of TNT to tens of Gigatons of TNT from destroying the surface of Venus in a day (unfortunately, I don't remember where the calc for this is)
  • Tagged fighter jets
  • Super high endurance and stamina, having gotten up from drawn-out barrages of crippling laser beams multiple times and fought Rodan for 6 hours
  • Extremely fast Regenerationn, having gotten back up from repeated stab wounds to the head to keep fighting
Zilla Jr.:

• Withstood getting crushed by and then lifted 5,000,000+ metric tons of rubble
  • Atomic breath once created a massive warm front almost immediately (which would require well over 47 Gigatons of energy output / second)
  • Frequently dodges supersonic+ missiles
  • Extremely fast Regenerationn, having regenerated from massive internal injuries and other life-threatening conditions in seconds
Anything I missed for Showa Godzilla?

Zilla is also smart, showing tactical thinking from time to time, and Showa King Ghidorah isn't above him.

Sigma the Terminator of Purple Monsters said:
lifting strengh just worths in giant vs small guy fights
Wouldn't superior physical strength help him out when case Showa G gets into grappling range?

This is probably gonna come down to Speed Vs Strength but ultimately I'm gonna go with showa due to fighting experience, Durability, Being able to lift Ghidorah,Mechagodzilla, INSERT MONSTER NAME HERE, and Being able to tag fighter jets so Guess thats a point for Showa

Janemba901 said:
This is probably gonna come down to Speed Vs Strength but ultimately I'm gonna go with showa due to fighting experience, Durability, Being able to lift Ghidorah,Mechagodzilla, INSERT MONSTER NAME HERE, and Being able to tag fighter jets so Guess thats a point for Showa
Zilla Jr. has better strength feats and can dodge missiles which are faster than fighter jets. Zilla Jr. is himself heavier than Showa King Ghidorah and MechaGodzilla.

ZillaJrKaijuKing said:
Zilla Jr. has better strength feats and can dodge missiles which are faster than fighter jets. Zilla Jr. is himself heavier than Showa King Ghidorah and MechaGodzilla.
Sorry I'm repling to this now

Well if he weighs more I'm not sure if Showa Could lift him

Well Showa also on a regular day basis fights other kaiju and Zilla Jr. Does also though hmm .-.

Well Godzilla in Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla turned himself into a magnet so if this is in an area where there are towers and stuff like that Showa can use that to his advantge so I'm still gonna go with Showa

Janemba901 said:
Sorry I'm repling to this now
Well if he weighs more I'm not sure if Showa Could lift him

Well Showa also on a regular day basis fights other kaiju and Zilla Jr. Does also though hmm .-.

Well Godzilla in Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla turned himself into a magnet so if this is in an area where there are towers and stuff like that Showa can use that to his advantge so I'm still gonna go with Showa

The fight takes place on Monster Island. As for the lifting feat, I think Showa Godzilla did flip a monster about 80,000 tons (heavier than Zilla Jr.) over his shoulder at one point in a crossover with Zone Fighter.

My vote is for Zilla Jr. He has better speed, durability (tanked tachyon warship cannons), and physical strength (rock lifting). Idk about atomic breath though, but they seem about equal.

Back