• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Godzilla vs Atrocitus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll check by when there's more votes.

Leaning a bit towards Godzilla via hax, though the AP could prove me wrong.

I feel like the majority of Big G's more potent hax (stuff like radiation manipulation, mind/soul manip, etc.) are useless against a Red Lantern, as their auras specifically protect them from things like that (to say nothing of the fact that Godzilla's soul manip is not combat-applicable). Rage Power gets nullified by Atrocitus' ability to absorb rage and have it amplify his stats, instead. Godzilla's energy attacks can be absorbed and redirected back at him, and Red Lantern blood can burn through his regen as it burned through the Black Lanterns', and the other Lanterns' auras.

Would it be considered a victory for Atrocitus if he gave Godzilla a Red Power Ring? >_> Because I could legitimately see that happening, if not for the SBA that they kill each other.

Also, I believe that Atrocitus scales to something like 600+ kiloFOE?

Yes Atrocities scales from 600 kiloFOE, with that he has an advantage to a non stomp degree in AP

Godzilla's Low-Mid regen isn't superior to a Black Lantern's I'd say. Red Lantern Blood + Blood Manipulation; the former of which Atrocitus was able to use not only to burn away the regenerating Black Lanterns, but also burn through supernatural auras. I don't think Godzilla's Regen will be able to tank that.

As well, Atro has genius-level intelligence.

>me when everyone else in this thread but me and the OP misspell "Atrocitus"

>also Godzilla's white flag when he realizes he's ineffective here

Flag

ShiroyashaGinSan said:
I thought DC characters are 98 Megafoe scaling from Mogo the Living Planet?
Nope. 600 kiloFOE+ based on the high-end calculation (here) for Flash's Infinite Mass Punch, which is scaled to the top-tier heavy hitters of the DC Universe--which includes, among others, Superman, Hal Jordan and the other human Green Lanterns. Atrocitus has consistently been shown to be equal to if not superior to Hal Jordan in terms of raw power.

This thread is an Atrocitus party. But people voting here forgot there are no Godzilla arguments YET.

Godzilla had a versus thread against superman where Superman had AP but Godzilla had instinct reactions and autoteleporting.

Instinctive reactions and autoteleporting aren't going to do much to save him against Atrocitus, when literally nothing that Godzilla tries to do works. Godzilla's own rage and frustration at not being able to harm Atrocitus will only fuel the Red Lantern's power ring. What exactly can Godzilla do here? At least against Supes, Godzilla could absorb his solar radiation--but that isn't going to work here, when you're dealing with a supernatural energy like the Crimson Light of Rage.

As well, Red Lantern Blood *should* be able to negate up to Mid-High, maybe even High regen by being able to destroy the undead Black Lanterns faster than they can regenerate (and Black Lanterns can regen from complete dissolution and should be comparable to other Lanterns in strength), but I've yet to make the CRT for that due to trying to find a good place to get the scans I need.

TL;DR there's very little chance of Godzilla winning here, and that relies on Atrocitus being a complete idiot and wasting his ring's charge.

Not to mention, if Atrocitus were to notice it or figure it out, he could easily exploit Godzilla's weakness to non-natural electricity with his constructs.

Apex PredatorX said:
A Stoned Orc
Godzilla can absorb Atrocitus plasma energy and there is any possible way Atrocitus could actually hit Godzilla?
Red Lantern blood isn't plasma, nor are any of Atrocitus' constructs composed of plasma. Red Lantern blood has been more described as a mix between "napalm and acid", but it's shown easily devouring through supernatural protective auras that should at least be equal to those of Green Lanterns like Kyle Rayner and Hal Jordan, and which can protect their user from extreme temperatures, such as the inside of a star or the cold vacuum of deep space.

As for hitting Godzilla? That's quite simple, really--if Godzilla can't use his energy attacks for fear of them being absorbed and redirected, and his other hax are ineffective/not-applicable, then he'll have to get in close--perfectly in range of violent sprays of Atrocitus' blood, or created constructs. He could easily, say, fill the air with hard light swords around him to avoid them being easily dodged, or create a construct replica of his own blood, and surround himself in a sphere of it. There's a ton of different ways Atro could hit him.

The guy created a device that could drain Green Lantern energy (and other forms of energy) from standard Earth gun and computer parts. Who's to say he couldn't create a device using his ring that would prevent teleportation? He's lived for billions of years and has waaaay more experience than Big G, including battling with demonic sorcerers and conquering large swathes of the Universe as a member of the Five Inversions of the Empire of Tears. Figuring out how to counter a reactive teleporter isn't far-fetched for an intelligence like his.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back