• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Goku vs. Superman...

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want to see people get mad about fictional characters and who would win in a fight, this the matchup.

So, I ask of you, members VS Battles Wiki, what do think about this topic? Is it ever a question you'd like answered? Is it something you just groan when you see it?

For me, people saying that Superman has infinite power, no true limits or is OP really grates after a while. This really gets under my skin because there's so many character out there that make Supes look like a chump(Barring a few versions).

Remember: we're not talking about who would actually win this for obvious reasons.

It's still highly controversial and not worth having the staff stress over.

DC vs Dragon Ball was only made okay fairly recently, and thus far it's worked, but Goku vs Superman is a step too far.

Except it really hasn't worked that well.

Multiple threads end up as either stomps or shit storms, and I'm pretty sure there's like...2 actually concluded matches between DC, Marvel and Dragon Ball combined

I'm not asking to have it back. We're NOT going down that road. At least, I'm not...

I was just curious to people's view on it as a whole, considering how controversial it has become.

No more, no less.

I just dislike the fact that either Goku gets ridiculously wanked or downplayed to high hell or that nobody bothers to say WHICH Superman, they just count all them as one. This is especially the case on youtube.

Plus everyone usually finds loopholes in the whole Goku vs DC/Marvel ban (Vegito,Goku Black,Gogeta)

Son Gandhi said:
Is goku vs superman the only battle not allowed on here? Goku vs other marvel/DC characters is all good right?
I believe so. Goku can fight other characters, just not Superman.

Credit where it's due to Death Battle, I have no idea who would win between 4-B, 3-A or Low 2-C Goku and 4-B, 3-A or Low 2-C Superman. The problem is superboy prime is 2-C. But he's not called Superman. But you could count him. But in Dragon Ball Fusions Goku is 2-B. So really, you could pick and choose witch versions are included in "Composite" to decide who would win. Pre-Crisis Supes isn't really gamebreaking at this point. So what do you do? Composite Superman besides the Thought Robot vs Composite Goku? That dosn't work. Exclude DBF? No, then Superman stomps. Composite Superman excluding Superboy Prime and The Thought Robot vs Composite Goku excluding DBF? Yeah, that's fair, but now you've started a (bigger) flame war (then you would of anyway) because you've excluded powerful versions of both characters, so the fanbase that loses will use those canons. Should the Thought Robot ever be included? If so, Superman stomps almost as bad but at the same time infiniately less so than The-One-Above-All does in TOAA vs The Presance. If not, Goku stomps. So don't include DBF. That's the thing. This cycle never ends, and you can't make everyone happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back