• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Goosebumps Discussion Thread

The_Impress

She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
Goosebumps Logo Modern TR
This is the general discussion thread meant to discuss the Goosebumps verse, including all the books, movies, games and other related media.

Current topic of discussion: ~

Thanks for the response, the changes will be implemented shortly after the making of this comment

Also question on the haunted mask, did you put shapeshifting on it because it once was a beautiful face but then turned into the hideous monster?

Yep

I'll get some renders done for the verse. Next profile I'll be making is probably Ricky Beamer from "Calling All Creeps!", coz that one's my personal favourites.

9-C Creeps sound fine for fighting Slappy, and some minor feats.

Also regarding the Keys for the Grool. Since for what I heard, All the goosebumps monsters will be remade to have seperate keys. And according to Antvasima himself the books and TV show are different canons and shouldn't be mixed together.

And I wanted to take the TV show into consideration, and there is a difference between the two. So I decided to make the TV grool into a seperate key for consistancy sakes (this goes for all the other blogs I made).

That'd be only necessary if there are significant changes between the two. Simply not having a single ability that might as well had been possible seems pointless to me, atleast.

Did Ant say that? Because, for the most part, the TV show and books basically go hand in hand, with notable, off-the-wall exceptions such One Day At Horrorland or Deep Trouble, or even Haunted Mask II.

All of them should be taken as a case by case scenario, and in the case of the Grool, I would say that it doesn't matter, but Weather Manipulation is actually a fairly good hax, so I suppose an alternate key is fine there.

It'd be the same with Clarissa from Be Careful What You Wish For, who would get abilities such as Petrification for turning Judith into a statue at the end of the TV episode, rather than turning Sam into a bird at the end of the book.

This was about Slappy, but I assumed this applies to every single one (despite the hypocrisies) and he also said that mixing different canons is against there standard praxis.

Tbh the only place cross scaling shouldn't be done are the movies. The TV show is kinda like tha anime adaptation of the books, so as such I find it irrelevant to bother with the Show at all

Ok, jesus christ this just came out of nowhere. But anyway, about ricky beamer, where did you get the slappy feats from?

The Slappy feat is from the comics, yes, and can you provide scanas of the "ripping off heads" bit?

In Slappy's nightmare (the book, not the wiki) he was actually ripping off Jimmy's head but he was interrupted. If he wasn't interrupted he have actually ripped his head off.

It even says that in the deviantart that the makers of the Slappy page were using (and I don't know why they didn't roll with that)

Dream or not its still a feat to take into consideration, he is constantly stated to have inhuman strength and shows it when he constantly overpowers humans

That'll be a durability feat, and the wiki's kinda iffy on upgrading AP from Durability, and not vice versa. Also, isn't that the definition of a room level feat?

Eh, wiki goes back and forth like that, especially if you only focus on a single verse.

Before this goes to heated, lets just say that Slappy is 9-C

Speaking of which, what do you think of the current feat that gave Slappy his tier (the Irk feat)

Also i would love it if the beast from the east, The cat from the cry of the cat, and monster blood would be added as well

Back