• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto Uzumaki VS Jiraiya

• Fight Location: Forest
  • Starting Distance: 50m
  • Both in-character
  • Sage Mode Pre-War Naruto | Sage Mode Jiraiya
  • Shima and Fukasaku will be at Jiraiya's disposal
  • At the start of the fight, Naruto will have a Sage Clone to replenish his Sage chakra
Naruto: 8 (@GokuSparkle, @Shadyboi0, @NomsNoms, @XSOULOFCINDERX, @Armerish, @Peppersalt43, @Popted2, @Shizuka)
Jiraiya: 2 (@Purgy, @KarematsuShinjuu)
Inconclusive:

b6935ca3c8a0fe09ebc73a65157811fc.png
e2c75a5a22cf71a8b8628c837db6432b.png

Last edited:
I know this is grace, but:
That and being jiraiya's pupil and also trained by the frogs he probably can see it coming
Jiraiya doesn't teach his pupils any genjutsu and Jiraiya himself didn't know that they had such a genjutsu. No reason to assume Naruto (who is much less experienced than Jiraiya in toad stuff) would. (See chapters 378) and even if he has info on an opponent's genjutsu it doesn't prevent him falling under one.

I mean Naruto's faster, and would take it regardless in an open field, but considering there are plenty of hiding spots in a forest to play for time, reconsider somwhat.

I know this is grace, but:

Jiraiya doesn't teach his pupils any genjutsu and Jiraiya himself didn't know that they had such a genjutsu. No reason to assume Naruto (who is much less experienced than Jiraiya in toad stuff) would. (See chapters 378) and even if he has info on an opponent's genjutsu it doesn't prevent him falling under one.

I mean Naruto's faster, and would take it regardless in an open field, but considering there are plenty of hiding spots in a forest to play for time, reconsider somwhat.
Naruto wouldn't let Jiraiya hide so easily

Naruto wouldn't let Jiraiya hide so easily
I mean Naruto isn't the Terminator (or bloodlusted) and he managed to lose 3 paths of pain who are much more serious in character and can coordinate much better, so I think it'd actually work out. The AP difference isn't high enough and the arena obscured enough that Jiraiya might take it when both are in character.

Wdym lose them?
Losing track of someone, i.e. losing them.
He MIGHT, but it's doubtful.
If he lost 3 paths (which were inside Amegakure) who have the rinnegan advantage, he can stall long enough, it is literally what happened in story. Like almost everyone here isn't even considering that Jiraiya fought the paths much closer to Nagato than Naruto anyways.

I don't really think anyone's going to change their mind here, but let it be recorded for posterity that I vote Jiraiya lol

Losing track of someone, i.e. losing them.

If he lost 3 paths (which were inside Amegakure) who have the rinnegan advantage, he can stall long enough, it is literally what happened in story. Like almost everyone here isn't even considering that Jiraiya fought the paths much closer to Nagato than Naruto anyways.

I don't really think anyone's going to change their mind here, but let it be recorded for posterity that I vote Jiraiya lol
The sewers of Amegakure are a much easier place to hide than a forest.

Who says he fought the paths much closer to Naruto? Nagato was pretty close to Konoha.
I think that was pretty quick tbh. Shima and Fukasaku provide a big advantage for Jiraiya.
It is a big advantage, but it's not enough when even Pain considered Naruto a tougher fight than Jiraiya with Toads.

Who says he fought the paths much closer to Naruto? Nagato was pretty close to Konoha.
Ah, but Nagato was literally IN Amegakure. He was further away from Konohagakure than Konohagakure's radius, and if Amegakure is about the size of Konohagakure, that's a lot.
It is a big advantage, but it's not enough when even Pain considered Naruto a tougher fight than Jiraiya with Toads.
Naruto is absolutely stronger than Jiraiya if I wasn't clear, but Jiraiya has matchup (read below) and field advantage and the difference between them isn't that large. Naruto is weak to even basic genjutsu and the toad genjutsu is one of the strongest genjutsu we've seen. What I'm trying to say is we know 6 Paths are stronger than Itachi, Naruto'll gives them a hell of a bad time but Itachi should easily win against Naruto because of genjutsu. In a similar way while Jiraiya is weaker he has a hard counter to Naruto. See it as rock paper scissors.

Anyhow again this match is already like 8-2 so I'm not going to change much here and not looking to either. Just throwing out my opinions.

Ah, but Nagato was literally IN Amegakure. He was further away from Konohagakure than Konohagakure's radius, and if Amegakure is about the size of Konohagakure, that's a lot.

Naruto is absolutely stronger than Jiraiya if I wasn't clear, but Jiraiya has matchup (read below) and field advantage and the difference between them isn't that large. Naruto is weak to even basic genjutsu and the toad genjutsu is one of the strongest genjutsu we've seen. What I'm trying to say is we know 6 Paths are stronger than Itachi, Naruto'll gives them a hell of a bad time but Itachi should easily win against Naruto because of genjutsu. In a similar way while Jiraiya is weaker he has a hard counter to Naruto. See it as rock paper scissors.

Anyhow again this match is already like 8-2 so I'm not going to change much here and not looking to either. Just throwing out my opinions.
That's kinda unquantifiable tho

I know what you mean, but even with that genjutsu and toads advantage, Pain considered Jiraiya inferior to Naruto. Also forest is an advantage for Naruto as well since it means he can gather nature energy if he's ever out.

Uh....I wouldn't say we KNOW Pain is stronger than Itachi. Actually, well, Healthy Itachi would kinda make mincemeat out of Pain or Nagato. Even Sick Itachi vs Pain is debatable since he can be scaled above Obito. Also SM should at least be effective against basic genjutsu, as it's natural energy continuously flowing into Naruto's body, which would act as a chakra disrupter. And I don't think Jiraiya is a hard counter to Naruto. Having on genjutsu that takes a long time to set up isn't the be all end all.

Respectable.

Back