• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Psychomaster35

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
AKA, BFDIA 5b but FreeSmart encounters a completely different evil nature girl clone. This is my first thread using an entire team, which happens to be the most centralized team of BFDIA 5, FreeSmart. And with a recent page I just uploaded, this is the perfect opportunity to rewrite 5b.

After escaping Evil Leafy and reviving their dead members, FreeSmart was in the desert, ready to approach the Goiky Canal. Just before they could, however, Ruby somehow managed to grab a Slime Cat wearing a cactus head through the window she found as cute and wanted to show it to her team.

Ruby: Aww, this slime thing is cute!

Big mistake, as the Slime Cat proceeded to teleport the entirety of FreeSmart to the Warp Zone. Pencil stared at Ruby, frustrated at her for screwing up yet again.

Pencil: RUBY! WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT GRABBING OUTSIDE OBJECTS!? NOW WE'RE GONNA BE STUCK HERE AND IT'S YOUR FAULT!

As Pencil was scolding Ruby for her actions which made her cry, Book came to a realization what that Slime Cat was.

Book: Hold on, Pencil! That was a Slime Cat Ruby just touched! I’ve had a definition of them in my dictionary, and those things can teleport us to a place called the Warp Zone, which we are in right now! This means that one of these cats here will bring us to Yoyle Mountain and we’ll win the challenge!

Match: But like, how do we even know which of these Slime Cats takes us to Yoyle Mountain? There’s so many of them!

As soon as Ruby stopped crying, she immediately began to run over to a molten lava Slime Cat.

Ruby: I like this one!

Pencil: Ruby, NO-

Once again, Ruby touched the Slime Cat, and she went off. Panicked, the rest of FreeSmart followed her in pursuit and were now transported to the bottom of Battle Mountain.

Bubble: Um, are you sure it’s the roight place?

Book: It can’t be it. This isn’t YOYLE Mountain, this is BATTLE Mountain! I never thought this place existed since I thought this was only a myth, but here we are! This is the place where anyone who comes here can have an extra challenge! But we have no time for that, so we need to go.

Pencil: But Ruby’s still missing! We can’t leave anyone behind or else it won’t count! We’ll have to go look for her!

Ice Cube: Guys, I see Ruby’s footsteps! We can follow her!

Pencil: Good, now let’s GET IN THE VAN!

Everyone gets back into the FreeSmart Supervan as it proceeds to drive and follow Ruby’s footsteps. Despite all the enemies and bosses in their way, they just wasted no time either throwing Freeze Juice Syringes, physically beating them up themselves, or even just ramming them with the FreeSmart Supervan. Eventually, they get to a cave in a jungle, which had a massive hole through it’s gates that Ruby’s footsteps were going into.

The van proceeds to drive in to find Ruby, scared for life as she was being attacked by a red haired undead ranger, attempting to dodge her attacks in fear. Before the ranger could attack the red gemstone any further, Book proceeds to throw a block at her, sending her back as it gave FreeSmart enough time to rescue Ruby.

Ruby: (sob) Pencil, I was just curious! I’m sorry!

Pencil: I’ll have to demote your status later, but now’s not the time for that! Right now, we got to defeat that undead archer over there so we can get out of here.

Match: Hold on, why does that ranger remind me of... her!?

Ice Cube: I want revenge!

Book: I know we’ve fought against and escaped an evil nature girl before, but I’m not afraid to do it again! Get ready everyone!

Bubble: Oh noio! Here she comes!

The shadow huntress, Dark Anna, recovers from that attack as she proceeds to summon an Evil Worm accompanied by its Evil Tail.

Looks like this wasn’t going to be another cartoon, but another game.
Speed is equalized, both are 4-A, and the battle is in Battle Mountain (Specifically the room where Dark Anna is fought in). Both start 10 meters apart from each other.

Who wins?

Freedumb: 7 (Psychomaster35, Jimmy.robinson.5099, JustANormalLemon, Ikelaggan, Peppersalt43, MaidRips, James Plays 4 Games)

Shadow Huntress:

This battle ends in the time it takes for BFDIA 5b and EBF6 to finish:

Last edited:
So since all of these characters are rather obscure, I’ll start off by giving insight on their scaling chains.

Ruby = Taco >>> (One-shot) Jawbreaker >>> (Unaffected from) Remote’s Explosion >>> (Would’ve one-shot) Teardrop = Woody >>> (One-shot) Foldy = Blocky >>> (One-shot) Golf Ball >>> (Unaffected from) Announcer Crusher >>> (One-shot) Firey >>> (One-shot) Bugs = Giant Pink Evil Leafy = Evil Leafy = 16.88 ExaFOE

Match = Nickel = Needle >>> (One-shot) Naily >>> (One-shot) Bell > Woody >>> (One-shot) Foldy = Blocky >>> (One-shot) Golf Ball >>> (Unaffected from) Announcer Crusher >>> (One-shot) Firey >>> (One-shot) Bugs = Giant Pink Evil Leafy = Evil Leafy = 16.88 ExaFOE

Pencil = Needle >>> (One-shot) Naily >>> (One-shot) Bell > Woody >>> (One-shot) Foldy = Blocky >>> (One-shot) Golf Ball >>> (Unaffected from) Announcer Crusher >>> (One-shot) Firey >>> (One-shot) Bugs = Giant Pink Evil Leafy = Evil Leafy = 16.88 ExaFOE

Ice Cube = Needle >>> (One-shot) Naily >>> (One-shot) Bell > Woody >>> (One-shot) Foldy = Blocky >>> (One-shot) Golf Ball >>> (Unaffected from) Announcer Crusher >>> (One-shot) Firey >>> (One-shot) Bugs = Giant Pink Evil Leafy = Evil Leafy = 16.88 ExaFOE

Bubble’s AP >>> (One-shot) Announcer = Firey >>> (One-shot) Bugs = Giant Pink Evil Leafy = Evil Leafy = 16.88 ExaFOE

Book = Fries = Firey >>> (One-shot) Bugs = Giant Pink Evil Leafy = Evil Leafy = 16.88 ExaFOE

Dark Anna = Endgame EBF4 Party (They can somewhat survive a fully-powered Godcat Avatar’s attacks) >>> Midgame EBF4 Party (A weakened Godcat Avatar can one-shot them with ease) >> Beginning EBF4 Anna >>> (One-shot) Endgame EBF3 Matt = Endgame EBF3 Akron >>> Beginning EBF3 Akron = 16.88 ExaFOE

So while 4/6 of the members seem to be capable of carrying their team due to having the largest scaling chains, Bubble is a glass cannon and Dark Anna’s magic, summons, and statuses should be able to make up for it since magic negates durability due to none of the FreeSmart members having any magic defense, meaning it should be able to deal heavy damage on them (Especially since all of her magic moves are AoE).

Last edited:
I don't understand how magic would negate durability just beacuse the free smaet don't have resistence especifically for not resisting magic

Forget It, just saw it on her profile (I'm on phone)

Okay, first of all, FreeSmart is in real trouble sinse their main form of atack is freezing juice serings, and with Dark Anna resisting absolute zero she will have no problem tanking that. The freezing juice may actually work on her trough sinse It can freezy living fire instantly

Magic ignoring dura will also be a big problem, especially sinse the leg powerd recovery center is too slow to be used in combat constantly, Dark anna also has her summons to keep her away from the ruby one shot

I will be voting Anna pressuming the freezing juice will not work on her, if It does work I can see Freesmart taking the win using the juice

Bubble’s AP >>> (One-shot) Announcer = Needle >>> (One-shot) Naily >>> (One-shot) Bell > Woody >>> (One-shot) Foldy = Blocky >>> (One-shot) Golf Ball >>> (Unaffected from) Announcer Crusher >>> (One-shot) Firey >>> (One-shot) Bugs = Giant Pink Evil Leafy = Evil Leafy = 16.88 ExaFOE
It's quite funny that announcer upscales from 3 one shoots from the thing that was supposed to one shot him

So I suppose I’ll give my take on this fight given everyone’s obscurity (Yes, the OP can debate on their own thread).

Even though 4 out of the 6 FreeSmart members would mean trouble due to their sheer AP, Dark Anna’s durability negating AoE magic and summons should make up for it, especially since all of her attacks can land statuses (Mainly poison). Problem is, she’s random at what she does, so her using a magic move is a 1/4 chance of happening, and she usually doesn’t resummon her summons until she uses a limit break. Also, she can only have 2 allies at a time, so once they are both slain, she would be in trouble. As for her summons, like Dark Anna, they are also random with what attack they use, but some of their attacks do land statuses. Issue is, Undead Bear and Evil Tail’s only moves are physical attacking moves.

FreeSmart, on the other hand, are obviously smarter since they have been used to thinking of complex solutions to problems they face, whether it would be having the members repeatedly resurrect themselves after drowning while they were driving underwater, causing distractions that would give them the advantage, or even platforming through hard levels (with some of them involving solving puzzles) while stuck inside Evil Leafy. In fact, one of the levels even involved Match staying behind to mend the HPRC while Book went through part of the level, and if Book died, Match would immediately resurrect her. They do this again when they were being chased by a spike wall that would one-shot them, but this time it was alternating between 3 of the members while they were on the move. And since I brought up the HPRC, they definitely have it in this fight since they stole it, and it would prove to be useful for FreeSmart since one of the members can potentially hide to repeatedly resurrect their dead members so they can continue to fight.

For the actual fight itself, like I said, so long as one FreeSmart member is still alive, they can repeatedly resurrect their dead members in a second, and while Dark Anna has faced the party who had access to Revive, she lost in the end. As for both of their haxes, Dark Anna’s poison statuses wouldn’t work on some of them since they are all inorganic beings, while FreeSmart’s Freeze Juice Syringes wouldn’t work on Dark Anna and her summons since they have all been used to getting hit by ice elemental attacks which have been capable of damaging those who can outright survive being in Akron’s black hole, which is way below Absolute Zero in temperature. Freeze Juice aside, FreeSmart possesses 2 important tools that would basically spell an end to Dark Anna: a lighter (Which they could potentially use to set Match on fire so she could run at Dark Anna and her summons to exploit their fire weaknesses) and a bug (Which can kill someone instantly with its potent poison upon injection, which neither Dark Anna nor her summons resist). While Dark Anna could eat a bat to regain some of her health, increase her defenses, and even get the bless status to block out any other status move which would include poison, it doesn’t really counter the fire damage from the lighter.

To put this into perspective, it’s basically Dark Anna and her summons against 4 Matts (And 2 Annas/NoLegs’(?)) with higher AP and smart thinking, and while she does have the means to win if she were to spam her AoE magic or if the Evil Worm lands a blood burp, everyone doing random actions prevents them from spamming much. The only reason it isn’t a stomp is because of their aforementioned AoE magic as well as the Doom statuses they can land, so all in all, if this battle were to be run 10 times, FreeSmart would be able to win 7/10 of those times.

Nothing is suggesting that they can’t do it, especially when their lives are on the line. In fact, most times BFDI contestants have access to items, they would lead with using them. Even then, their sheer AP would be enough.

I mean, they literaly just brought up this set of itens whem going to kill one of their menbers and never again...

Ap is a valid point trough, I can see pencil and Match screming at book and ice cube to stay in the free smart super van to keep bringhing hoever die back

Looking at dark Anna's move pool she only has 2 magical AOE attacks not including limit breaks. Since her strat isn't as straight forward as Anna's it's like a 2 out of 9 chance which is like a 22.22% getting dura neged by magic.

I was not convinced enough
??????
especially sinse the leg powerd recovery center is too slow to be used in combat constantly,
so long as one FreeSmart member is still alive, they can repeatedly resurrect their dead members in a second, and while Dark Anna has faced the party who had access to Revive, she lost in the end.
^
Not to mention you fail to mention the HPRC
Dark anna also has her summons to keep her away from the ruby one shot
she usually doesn’t resummon her summons until she uses a limit break. Also, she can only have 2 allies at a time, so once they are both slain, she would be in trouble.
it’s basically Dark Anna and her summons against 4 Matts (And 2 Annas/NoLegs’(?)) with higher AP and smart thinking
^

I still don’t see why you wouldn’t feel convinced. Trust me, I know both of these series from the back of my head on this.

I mean,, first, still nothing stop her from destroing the super van, and just the fact she outrange freesmart with dura negating magic means It will be hard for Free smart to actually get to use their massive superior AP

The only dura negation option I can even see out of the team is pencil's emergency button deconstructing dark Anna
Not something standard Pencil carries around, but she does have access to what FreeSmart has, such as her Supervan.
I mean,, first, still nothing stop her from destroing the super van, and just the fact she outrange freesmart with dura negating magic means It will be hard for Free smart to actually get to use their massive superior AP
Problem is, she’s random at what she does, so her using a magic move is a 1/4 chance of happening
^

If it’s a single target attack, she wouldn’t really be smart enough to aim at the Supervan itself. I mean, she never even attacks Lance’s Valkyrie at all in the fight.

Not something standard Pencil carries around, but she does have access to what FreeSmart has, such as her Supervan.

^

If it’s a single target attack, she wouldn’t really be smart enough to aim at the Supervan itself. I mean, she never even attacks Lance’s Valkyrie at all in the fight.
If she targets book or ice cube(The 2 mostly likle to be in the free smart van to keep ressurecting them) the super van is also destroied, and as I said, It will be really hard for any of them to get close

But would she really know where they are when the HPRC is in the inside? She wouldn’t be smart to aim at it unless it’s something AoE. Plus, you’re very much constantly ignoring the fact that I keep teeling you she’s random at what she does.

But would she really know where they are when the HPRC is in the inside? She wouldn’t be smart to aim at it unless it’s something AoE. Plus, you’re very much constantly ignoring the fact that I keep teeling you she’s random at what she does.
I'm not, I just don't feel It's that important , and if they are always going out of the van eventually that place will be atacked, and we are considering in a situation that the entire free smart don't go van first on her direction tring to run her over

I may get flack for this, but I'm leaning towards FreeSmart on this one. Like was already said, as long as at least one member is alive, they can't exactly stay dead due to the HPRC (remember the ocean bit?). Plus, it feels like Dark Anna has a bit of a randomness aspect that may end up working against her, depending on the situation. So... I'll go with FreeSmart for now, but if somebody can convince me on Dark Anna, I may consider switching.

I meant I don't think It would be such a problem whem she one shoot them
Book and Bubble, yeah. But the others? Thanks to their higher scaling chains, they would tank her physical attacks pretty easily, so she really needs to resort to spamming AoE magic to kill them quickly. But like I said, she’s random with what she uses, which means the chance of her even pulling a magic move is 2/9.

Book and Bubble, yeah. But the others? Thanks to their higher scaling chains, they would tank her physical attacks pretty easily, so she really needs to resort to spamming AoE magic to kill them quickly. But like I said, she’s random with what she uses, which means the chance of her even pulling a magic move is 2/9.
Oh, so she has mostly phisical atadks? this change every thing

Back