• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(GRACE) Mega Rayquaza vs White Kyurem: The sequel

In the Hoopa movie, Mega Rayquaza and White Kyurem started to fight, but never finished. Now that they're in the same tier, the match can continue here!

SBA, Kyurem starts in its White Form ofc

da932438d76afc756986396a904446dc.gif
a8f1038923bdd027b320be27abaab1884b0ef22b_00.gif

Flying:

Ice: 7 (SamanPatou, Gilad_Hyperstar, Psychomaster35, King_Clab, GlaceonGamez471, XSOULOFCINDERX, SMASHssf2)

Incon:

Last edited:
Wow, this is really close.

Both are weak to each other's dragon moves and Delta Stream prevents ice from being supereffective.
Both can fly and have a similar movepool, with various stats changer and nothing that really gives a true advantage.
Rayquaza could absorb Kyurem's powers, but we don't know if it works on someone who isn't Groudon or Kyogre and it doesn't seem to be particularly in character.
Imprison might be useful for Kyurem, given their similarities, but not totally.
Looking at the probabilities, Kyurem could land crit, freeze or burn, while Ray has flinching, and both can raise and lower statistics.

Rayquaza seems more intelligent to me, though, and has more experience than Kyurem when it comes to fight, and Dragon Ascent would deal a lot of damage to Kyurem. Also Kyurem's fire moves aren't very effective on Ray.

It's very close, but I vote Rayquaza

Both are weak to each other's dragon moves and Delta Stream prevents ice from being supereffective.
Both can fly and have a similar movepool, with various stats changer and nothing that really gives a true advantage.
Rayquaza could absorb Kyurem's powers, but we don't know if it works on someone who isn't Groudon or Kyogre and it doesn't seem to be particularly in character.
Imprison might be useful for Kyurem, given their similarities, but not totally.
Looking at the probabilities, Kyurem could land crit, freeze or burn, while Ray has flinching, and both can raise and lower statistics.

Rayquaza seems more intelligent to me, though, and has more experience than Kyurem when it comes to fight, and Dragon Ascent would deal a lot of damage to Kyurem. Also Kyurem's fire moves aren't very effective on Ray.

It's very close, but I vote Rayquaza
What about Kyurem's ability to switch between Black and White form at will?

(Vote counted btw)

I forgot that Kyurem can switch, but that would just give him the possibility of paralysis instead of burn, not something that turns the table, since electric isn't super effective on Ray, but would deal more damage than fire. I still think Ray takes this with difficulty.

Both are weak to each other's dragon moves and Delta Stream prevents ice from being super-effective.
Doesn't Kyurem have a ability like mold breaker (I am Talking about Turbo blaze)? So what just stop's from ignoring delta stream?

It doesn't negate Delta Stream because the the super effectiveness is negated by the weather condition and not by the ability itself.
I personally checked on Bulbapedia to be sure of that.

Rayquaza is 4 times weak to ice so Delta Stream is just going to make that into a 2 times weakness
I didn't actually think about that, this might even change everything, since Kyurem's movepool would be more effective overall.
I may even change my vote.

I changed my mind and I'm giving my vote to Kyurem, since ice is still supereffective (I forgot that Delta Stream doesn't cancel out the weakness for the dragon type).
It was close before, with another big advantage as this I think Kyurem could win more times than not.

Yeah I vote Kyurem too, since Ice is still super effective (albeit 2 times damage rather than 4 times) and their AP is similar otherwise (I still have no idea to what AP they scale to)

So Mega Rayquaza has this:
"Rayquaza once again confronted Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre. The golden filaments that sprang from its body covered the sky. An emerald brilliance illuminated the area. A terrible wind rose."

"The wind and emerald light visibly sapped the power from Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre. Drained of their primal powers, the two vanished into the depths of land and sea. Rayquaza watched them go, regaining its usual appearance. "
Passive Energy Absorption that took two 5-B's to High 6-A pretty quickly.

Except it drained them of their Primal powers not just nullified their weather, which is what turns them from 5-B to their High 6-A normal forms.

That was legit, since he stripped them from their Prima energy, he didn't just negate their abilities.
However, the same thing never happened ever again and it might have been exclusive due to the connection the three have, so assuming that it would work on Kyurem and how isn't enough for a wincon, especially with all the advantages and other odds.

I mean, it wasn't in the games, the anime, the manga or other animations, where Rayquaza confronted Deoxys and other foes.

Back