• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(GRACE) Rayquaza tries to stop a Black Hole

Psychomaster35

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
Story

Flower: Hey Black Hole, can you open this jar?

Black Hole: Mmm... Im not so sure about...

Flower: Just do it, Black Hole!

Black Hole: (sigh) Alright.

Black Hole suddenly begins to charge his body at the Earth as its impending doom is about to await.

(Meanwhile, in Hoenn)

Brendon was seen walking around in the Battle Resort, until he sees something in the sky thats about to destroy everything. Knowing this, he proceeded to pull out a Pokéball and summons Rayquaza, before mega evolving him as he puts on his spacesuit, and hops on Mega Rayquaza, as they soar towards Black Hole, who was getting closer.

(Back in Goiky)

Balloony: Flower, what have you done!?

Just as he said this, Balloony was sucked into Black Hole and was killed.

Flower: Ive got this jar open!

Flower then suddenly realized in shock that Black Hole was getting closer, sucking up everything, realizing this was a bad idea to begin with. Scared, she attempts to grab onto a pole as she watches Black Hole getting closer, until a bright green beam was seen charging at Black Hole, revealing to be Mega Rayquaza.

Black Hole: What the?

Mega Rayquaza charged a Dragon Pulse at Black Hole, firing a beam of draconic energy at him, which actually managed to harm him and push him back.

Black Hole: (Is this trying to kill me? I have no choice... I may be a pacifist, but I must fight it!) You dont know what youre dealing with...

Rayquaza did its cry before proceeding to charge at Black Hole.

Conditions
Speed is equalized, both are 4-B, and both are willing to kill. The battle is in Space, and both start approximately 40,000 km apart.

Rayquaza has access to all of its moves.

Who wins?

The Sky-High Pokémo: 7 (James Plays 4 Games, Soupywolf5, Niccokirby, CrackerVolley, Everynoob, Buttersamuri, Tonygameman)

Destruction on a Pacifist Route: 1 (Kriskirby)

Big lizard boi GGs them:

(Song for the fight)

726619CC-CB53-49F7-BBC6-90F04CC882C8

But it should be noted that Black Hole has a passive Deconstruction, given anything that comes near him will be sucked in, ripped, and pulled apart, stated in his bio.

Plus, with a Planetary Gravity Manipulation, thats making things harder for Rayquaza to escape, but I do agree with you he can use Dragon Dance to escape.

He may do that, but then Black Hole would most likely fly towards him, and given the starting distance, Rayquaza is already in the range of Black Hole's Gravity Manipulation to be sucked in.

Even if he does. Since such higher durability, and passive deconstruction. Plus the minor AP advantage. Wouldn't it just deconstruct a good portion of any range attacks, the ones that actually hit won't do too much, and he really only needs to get up close to rip Ray apart

Rayquaza still has Non-Physical Interaction, however. And as said above, Dragon Dancing at least 6 times would at least make him stand a chance.

Still feel like Passive Deconstruction plus they higher Durability with a slight AP advantage makes it more likely the black hole takes it

I see. Even then, Black Hole's passive Deconstruction via touching his horizon should still be a wincon for him, especially with a planetary Gravity Manipulation.

Once again, there exists Dragon Dance, which buffs speed and attack by a stage, up to 6. Do you have any objections to this?

Non-Physical Interaction. Plus, as I said Rayquaza has all moves, that means he can do Toxic to poison Black Hole, or even paralyze him.

Kriskirby said:
Also wouldn't Dragon Dance only effectively boost physical attacks, or would that just be game mechanics?
Thats for the speed buildup to escape the Gravity pull, not just the attack. And it isnt game mechanics.

I believe in a time sensitive scenario like this one (a black hole approaching the planet) Rayquaza tends to go with Dragon Ascent in character. This is seen both in Delta episode with the meteor and in the Mega Evolution special when Rayquaza is trying to stop Kyogre and Groudon from reaching the Megalith.

Though he might not go as far as to ram a black hole, particularly with Brendan on his back.

Psychomaster35 said:
Non-Physical Interaction. Plus, as I said Rayquaza has all moves, that means he can do Toxic to poison Black Hole, or even paralyze him.
Toxic is only learned through a TM which iirc aren't used in Pokémon matches

So, what about the Space-Time Manipulation? He claims in BFB 3 to warp spacetime so hard, time literally slows down to the point theres no tomorrow. This may possibly scale to real Black Holes, where anything near a Black Hole will cause the time around it to slow down.

Back