• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Roronoa Zoro VS Deidara

• Fight Location: Dressrosa Island
  • Starting Distance: 500m
  • Equalized speed
  • Both in-character
  • Dressrosa Zoro | Alive Deidara
Zoro: 11 (@RazumaHiroki, @NomsNoms, @MonkeyOfLife, @Kachon123, @Ryuga21, @ThanatosX, @Popted2, @GilverTheProtoAngelo, @Kidkinsey, @Eminiteable, @KingTempest)
Deidara: 1 (@mitsuki)
Inconclusive:

S1HwQ3B.png
5985d7ce90f17a9039027c014ecdcd85.png

Last edited:
What's the AP difference?

Zoro seems to scale to 134 Megatons whereas Deidara scales to 600, so a 4.5x difference I think.

Zoro seems to scale to 134 Megatons whereas Deidara scales to 600, so a 4.5x difference I think.
Zoro scales to >420 megatons for one-shotting characters who scale there. He can further amp his AP & Durabilty with Armament Haki, and amp his AP even further with Ni Gorilla and Asura.

Aight, this seems like an interesting battle. Allow me to clarify these things first.

• Deidara doesn't start with C4, nor will he use it mid-battle, he only uses this bomb when he is extremely desperate because he considers C4 as his last resort
  • His Suicide bomb will kill him as well (last resort too)
  • He doesn't have his mines without Tobi/Obito to restrain Zoro's movements
Deidara will most likely start with either C1 or C2. Since he is very prideful, I would assume he will definitely start with C1. Zoro will definitely try to finish the fight as quick as possible, instantly closing the distance between them, right after using Oni-giri to hit Deidara. Naturally, Deidara dodges Zoro's Onigiri since Speed is equalized the moment he realized that Zoro is too dangerous to fight head on he will keep his distance from him.

Then uses C2 (the explosive dragon) to attack him from the air and keep spamming explosions until he is absolutely certain that Zoro is death. But unbeknownst to Deidara, Zoro can jump good or uses the "smokescreen" (caused by the multiple explosions, also Deidara doesn't know that Zoro can dodge his C1 spams via Observation Haki) as an opportunity to destroy the Dragon with his Pound Canon or Tastumaki while he is in mid-air.

Once Deidara falls onto the ground, Zoro puts on his bandana and uses Daisen Sekkai since Deidara is momentarily caught-off guard by the sudden turn of event and has no possible way to dodge Zoro's attack, as a result he gets defeated.

I vote Zoro.

Voting Zoro Via Ranged slashes (counters Deidra's Explosives), Information Analysis, MUCH more skilled and Better Combat intelligence, Observation Haki (will always know what Deidara is going to do and find alot of weaknesses), Limited Dura Neg and Dura Neg with Haki and Goken type Swordsmen and those who have reached The pinnacle of Swordsmanship are stated to be capable of cutting any material as long as they will it. So if Zoro gets close he will one shot... Possibly even with out Dura Neg

Agree with everything I see here except that deidara won't use c4 or that zoro is smarter in combat. He used it early on in his tussle with ohnoki and as far as IQ he made garra look foolish and had a huge battle of wits vs sasuke
c1 is basically useless and c2s homing bombs might be able to be pre exploded by a air slash

voting zoro

I'd actually give this battle to Deidara

I believe Deidara would start out with his clay dragon and just fly higher than any point Zoro is able to jump to similarly to what he did against sunagakure especially with the massive distance deidara is no idiot he'd try and test out Zoro first most likely using an exploding clay clone, Ohnoki even states him to be a prodigy and he manages to somewhat outmaneuver an absolute genius Uchiha Sasuke momentarily in their fight. There's no reason for Deidara to not use jutsu like his C3 and C4 since he has no regard for peoples life on dresserosa(in character zoro would) or in general then if he uses C3 and C4 he wins it'd be similar to how he defeated the 3 tails except Zoro would put up more of a fight

I'd actually give this battle to Deidara

I believe Deidara would start out with his clay dragon and just fly higher than any point Zoro is able to jump to similarly to what he did against sunagakure then especially with the massive distance deidara is no idiot, Ohnoki even states him to be a prodigy. There's no reason for Deidara to not use jutsu like his C3 and C4 since he has no regard for peoples life on dresserosa(in character zoro would) or in general then if he uses C3 and C4 he wins it'd be similar to how he defeated the 3 tails except Zoro would put up more of a fight
While Deidara is not an idiot, but he is definitely stubborn and a prideful artist, even Sasori himself said that. Regarding C3 and C4, he considers these as his last resorts and only considered to use C4 against Ohnoki, because he obviously had prior knowledge on Ohnoki's abilities and knew better than anyone else how dangerous his jutsus are.

What he did against Gaara was a fly battle, you really can't use that as an example when most of his fights weren't exactly as him flying any higher than necessary. Also he won't get the chance to use either C3 and C4, the moment Deidara thinks he is safe or killed Zoro with his C1 or explosions' spam it's over, you are basically saying that Zoro never dealt with flying enemies before, in-character Deidara would honestly lose against Zoro.

If you remove Deidara's character he would honestly beat 90% of all Naruto characters, except the God tiers. So i'm not really underestimating nor downplaying him, because i'm aware of how strong C4 is.

While Deidara is not an idiot, but he is definitely stubborn and a prideful artist, even Sasori himself said that. Regarding C3 and C4, he considers these as his last resorts and only considered to use C4 against Ohnoki, because he obviously had prior knowledge on Ohnoki's abilities and knew better than anyone else how dangerous his jutsus are.

What he did against Gaara was a fly battle, you really can't use that as an example when most of his fights weren't exactly as him flying any higher than necessary. Also he won't get the chance to use either C3 and C4, the moment Deidara thinks he is safe or killed Zoro with his C1 or explosions' spam it's over, you are basically saying that Zoro never dealt with flying enemies before, in-character Deidara would honestly lose against Zoro.
I'm pretty sure if Deidara sees Zoro blocking his attacks and even if Zoro lands a few hits on deidara(using long range attacks) I'm sure with Deidaras nature he would get mad and use his last resorts. Deidara also has a massive range advantage

Yup especially because his c4 has 3 different versions. Also those clay minions he creates from his hand will irritate zoro since you can't through them naturally that would be fun to see

I'm pretty sure if Deidara sees Zoro blocking his attacks and even if Zoro lands a few hits on deidara(using long range attacks) I'm sure with Deidaras nature he would get mad and use his last resorts
Not necessarily. As I've explained before, even if Zoro dodged multiple of his explosions or blocks them it'd be already too for Deidara to consider C4 as an option. Furthermore, in order to make Deidara resort to C4:

• Zoro must thoroughly humiliate him (Not in-character for Zoro, since he is the type of person who wants to finish his fights as quick as possible)
  • Deidara has prior knowledge on Zoro's abilities and considers one specific ability to be extremely dangerous

Not necessarily. As I've explained before, even if Zoro dodged multiple of his explosions or blocks them it'd be already too for Deidara to consider C4 as an option. Furthermore, in order to make Deidara resort to C4:

• Zoro must thoroughly humiliate him (Not in-character for Zoro, since he is the type of person who wants to finish his fights as quick as possible)
  • Deidara has prior knowledge on Zoro's abilities and considers one specific ability to be extremely dangerous
What about C3

In order words, making Deidara mad isn't enough. Take Sasuke vs Deidara as an example, Sasuke thoroughly humiliated and mocked Deidara to the point of triggering his PTSD, and even went as far as to make him acknowledge that he's completely outclassed (Sasuke wanted to keep Deidara alive though, this adds even more salt to his injuries)

In order words, making Deidara mad isn't enough. Take Sasuke vs Deidara as an example, Sasuke thoroughly humiliated and mocked Deidara to the point of triggering his PTSD, and even went as far as to make him acknowledge that he's completely outclassed (Sasuke wanted to keep Deidara alive though, this adds even more salt to his injuries)
Wouldn't Deidara just use his C3 if you deem him using C4 out of character since against Gaara he used C3 and was not mad in the slightest he also wanted to keep Gaara alive

What about C3
He only used C3 once, and only then when he realized Gara's weakness which is his own country.

I strongly doubt he will ever lead with it either, since it doesn't seem like that he ever thought of using C3 in most of his fights.

I don't think he'll lead with it he'll most likely use those clay clones to close to 500m gap with Zoro then try to prolong the fight(clones landmines etc) to find out about Zoros moveset and if Deidara sees Zoro cares for the well being of any civillian deidara would nuke them causing zoro to take the attack and lose, once again note Deidara doesn't care for any human life besides maybe a few people in his life

You could argue why he didn't used C3 against Sasuke, against Ninja alliance, etc etc. The fact that he didn't considered C3 as an option which would've worked against Sasuke based on that we can accurately deduce he won't consider to use C3 against Zoro either.

You could argue why he didn't used C3 against Sasuke, against Ninja alliance, etc etc. The fact that he didn't considered C3 as an option which would've worked against Sasuke based on that we can accurately deduce he won't consider to use C3 against Zoro either.
Tobi was there and Deidara didn't wanna nuke Tobi in the fight he even tells Tobi to "get out of there ones he planted the landmines" indicating Deidara didn't want him to be nuked
In Dressrosa there's nobodies life that matters to Deidara

I don't think he'll lead with it he'll most likely use those clay clones to close to 500m gap with Zoro then try to prolong the fight(clones landmines etc) to find out about Zoros moveset and if Deidara sees Zoro cares for the well being of any civillian deidara would nuke them causing zoro to take the attack and lose, once again note Deidara doesn't care for any human life besides maybe a few people in his life
Eeh... Have you read my clarifications?

Deidara can't set up his landmines without Tobi/Obito's assistance. It's a technique which requires prep time or someone who help Deidara out.

Why would we assume someone just pass by and sees them fighting anyway? We are assuming that Deidara and Zoro are completely alone without any outside interference.

Regarding his clones they are easily to deal with, considering Zoro is a master swordsman.

If you try to cut through them your sword gets stuck, Sasuke had to apply lightning to get it out idk if haki would have to same effect. This is minor though im not saying its a win con

Eeh... Have you read my clarifications?

Deidara can't set up his landmines without Tobi/Obito's assistance. It's a technique which requires prep time or someone who help Deidara out.

Why would we assume someone just pass by and sees them fighting anyway? We are assuming that Deidara and Zoro are completely alone without any outside interference.

Regarding his clones they are easily to deal with, considering Zoro is a master swordsman.
Deidara can without Obito don't you remember Deidara legit has an earth style where he's able to travel underground with ease and i think you're underestimating deidaras clones Deidara himself should be a master at martial since with no hands and 1 kunai in his mouth he's able to evade attacks from Rock Lee, Neji Hyuga and Tenten these are the same Lee and Neji who fodderised Clones of the false kisame with no effort and Lee is stated a master of the strong fist like Guy and neji had surpassed the main branch of thye hyuga clan and is a master at the gentle fist

Tobi was there and Deidara didn't wanna nuke Tobi in the fight he even tells Tobi to "get out of there ones he planted the landmines" indicating Deidara didn't want him to be nuked
In Dressrosa there's nobodies life that matters to Deidara
That's not really a good justification for him not thinking of C3 as an option, also he was referring to his other explosions, even the reader/watcher saw a glimpse of Deidara's thoughts during his fight with Sasuke.

If you try to cut through them your sword gets stuck, Sasuke had to apply lightning to get it out idk if haki would have to same effect. This is minor though im not saying its a win con
Haki nullifies it, especially the fact that Zoro is not using an ordinary sword he is precisely using a sword that's meant to cut almost everything (Haki in general wouldn't get stuck from clay without Haki imbued in it, since Haki is the manifestation of one's soul and willpower)

Haki nullifies it, especially the fact that Zoro is not using an ordinary sword he is precisely using a sword that's meant to cut almost everything (Haki in general wouldn't get stuck from clay without Haki imbued in it, since Haki is the manifestation of one's soul and willpower)
Sasukes sword isn't ordinary either he uses a version of the sword of kusanagi that is "unblockable" he states it to be superior to orochimarus one which is able to clash against the monkey king in staff form who's stated unbreakable and the monkey kings staff is even capable of destroying hashiramas wood style esily

Deidara can without Obito don't you remember Deidara legit has an earth style where he's able to travel underground with ease and i think you're underestimating deidaras clones Deidara himself should be a master at martial since with no hands and 1 kunai in his mouth he's able to evade attacks from Rock Lee, Neji Hyuga and Tenten these are the same Lee and Neji who fodderised Clones of the false kisame with no effort and Lee is stated a master of the strong fist like Guy and neji had surpassed the main branch of thye hyuga clan and is a master at the gentle fist
His earth style is irrelevant and doesn't really prove that he can set up the mines simultaneously spamming C1, which requires his "earth seal" in order to activate his Jutsu, he cannot do multiple Jutsus at once.

Again, I'm not underestimating him when it comes to skills is there really a debate when Zoro is comparable to Luffy who defeated Kuro, Krieg, Crocodile, Enel, Lucci, Moria, Steroid Hody, Doflamingo and Katakuri. This alone tells you that the clay clones are nowhere close to Zoro's skills.

Last edited:
His earth style is irrelevant and doesn't really prove that he can set up the mines simultaneously spamming C1, which requires his "earth seal" in order to activate his Jutsu, he cannot do multiple Jutsus at once.

Again, I'm not underestimating when it comes to skills is there really a debate when Zoro is comparable to Luffy who defeated Kuro, Krieg, Crocodile, Enel, Lucci, Moria, Steroid Hody, Doflamingo and Katakuri. This alone tells you that the clay clones are nowhere close to Zoro's skills.
Don't compare any of these people other than katakuri, crocodile and doffy to deidaras clones in skill ever it's very disrespectful

Back