• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Grand Priest and Whis possible revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whis claims Grand Priest is the strongest person in that world. Since Zeno is accepted as Low Multiversal I think its fair Grand Priest get an upgrade because of this statement.

http://217.23.10.62/manga/Dragon-Ball-Super/0018-002.png

Whis' flight to Universe 10 seems far shorter in the manga than the anime. They reach that universe before Goku, Vegeta and Trunks make to the Time Machine so I believe the anime versions High End calc would be consider a low end in conparison to the manga's version of the feat. Correct me if Im wrong.

http://217.23.10.62/manga/Dragon-Ball-Super/0018-025.png

http://217.23.10.62/manga/Dragon-Ball-Super/0018-026.png

http://217.23.10.62/manga/Dragon-Ball-Super/0018-027.png

http://217.23.10.62/manga/Dragon-Ball-Super/0018-028.png

Okay so uh... we don't really use... the Manga for our profiles? Plus Whis flat out says "As far as I know" when referring to Grand Priest being the strongest being in the world meaning that he isn't certain. At best Grand Priest could get a "Possibly Low-Multiversal".

Why not? The fact the manga is and has been the true canon since 2012 in its conception it makes mo sense not to use a completely valid feat from a canon source. Thats completely bias to take an imperfect barely canon source and give it a profile. Smh. Especially when the anime is never at any point in its release been referred to as canon like the manga has.

"As far as I know" is good enough. People need to stop pickiny and choosing statements which are good enough to scale. Whis has no reason to lie or overhype. The fact he didn't feel wrong for claiming his father is strongest in that world means there has to be some validity to his claim. The anime fans took all of Whis statements as biblical since Super began but this one is ignored because its not from a non-canon source aka Toei? Ok. Ill take my scans elsewhere. Good day.

The manga and anime have a different scaling and if manga statements were used then Vegito would have been Low 2-C.

The thing is.....manga is the canon. To have a non canon source, no matter how many times people wrongly claim there are multiple canon, and not use said source because you diagree with it, is the textbook definition of bias. Whis statement within context holds weight as the "world" is a big place and there could be someone out there stronger than the GP and Zeno. It doesn't automatically mean he was unsure if he was more powerful than Zeno. Also the anime flat out says Grand Priest is just top 5 strongest which, I assume, is why people don't want to accept Grand Priest statement?

Also what Vegito statement?

This is a silly topic. Goku has a manga profile already. His main DBS profile receives the most attention due to the anime coming first and having generally better feats.

He should be he is superior to Beerus but to be fair - Shin didn't see Beerus' full power until a few chapters later during the GoD free for all and would only have Goku's fight against Ssg Goku as a reference.

Zeno is superior in power. If i remember correctly, there was a word invluded in the statement that automatically takes zeno out of the equation.

There isn't a single statement in the manga that says Zeno is stronger than GP but there is one claiming GP is stronger than everyone in their world to Whis knowledge. Zeno is a being he knows is powerful as hell yet says GP is stronger. It makes sense for the manga version of characters to get their own profiles or just combine DB, Z, and Chou profiles since they share continuity. Whis speed feat is too insane to just ignore because "we don't really use the manga for profiles". Lol

"Zeno is a being he knows is powerful as hell yet says GP is stronger."

Again, this means nothing. All Whis knows is that Zeno is far beyond him completely. He also knows Grand Priest can stomp him completely. He is smart, damn smart, and probably knows more about the universe than any other being sans other Angels or Super Shenron, but he is not an authority figure when it comes to the power levels of Zeno or Grand Priest.

It's my theory that Grand Priest is stronger, but right now it's just a theory. The manga does state Grand Priest is the strongest as far as Whis knows and in the first page toyotaro makes a note that there is no one that can compare to him in power. And there is also a guide where they compare the Gods of Destruction and their angels, and that guide has Grand Priest at the same level as Zen'o, as well as other sources that compare GP to Zen'o (Such as Zen'o having infinite power and GP having "????")

However, it would be better if it was stated in the anime. But as a theory it's pretty defendable

How is Whis not an authority on their power levels? Who are you to make such an audacious claim? Do you have a source that backs Whis not neing reliable for information on power? You people took his anime statements as gospel just because he was speaking of beings weaker than him? Thats a faulty argument that holds no weight. Toriyama wrote that chapter just like he writes them all, if we cant take Toriyama at his word there is no point in ever using statments. Toriyama was given this draft to correct, he would even edit the dialogue if Toyotaro writes something he disagrees with

0020-040-1
Proof. If Whis statement was wrong Toriyama wouldn't have even allowed it. He would ha e edited immeditely and with in impunity. Telling Toyotaro he is wrong.

0020-041-1

Yes and Toriyama also said Toyotaro knows more about DB than he does. Toriyama has a history of forgetting stuff he wrote years prior not what he is presently working on. If we go by the forgetful argument we'll need to reevaluate DB universe in its entirety. Lol

SinbadDaGod said:
Yes and Toriyama also said Toyotaro knows more about DB than he does.
IIRC he also said this about the people behind daizenshuu. I know I'm derailing but if this is accepted as justification for determining the continuity of a canon then I'd like this to be on record.

Main-qimg-5594b7a416eb4af058ce6c5ef05596c3-1
QFvdTDD-1
XoZprxn-1
3qBTbcd-1
0018-002-1
Viz Translation

So Toriyama looks over every single chapter and if he disagrees with the content he edits it, possibly to the point of an entire scene change. He does NOT to the same for the anime as there isnt proof and would be highly out of character for him so people can't even presume he does. At this point to deny evidence is just out of zip-headed-ness, not out of belief in having an argument to stand on.

We cannot upgrade the anime incarnation based on what is said in the manga.

I don't know. If somebody has the interest to, and the character is different enough, sure. Moro can probably get a profile when we know more about him for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back