• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Grand Priest and Zen O Match Ban

We were talking here that every single match involving the Grand Priest is basically 100% guesswork, given we have never seen him fight in canon, so we have no idea what abilities he uses and how does he applied them in combat. On that note, every other Angel should likely get the ban too, MAYBE sans Whis, since he actually had done some combat stuff.

On the other hand, there's Zen O. Quoting the thread I linked: "Well, he used it offensively [against Zamas] but we can't really call that a fight, we have no idea what Zeno does in an actual fight, everything he did until now fall more under 'i'm playing with my toybox' than 'i'm in a fight', we legit don't even know if Zeno can actualy throw a punch or not, that's how little we know of the guy. I just don't understand why we have matches for characters that have yet to lift a finger."

GP makes sense but Zeno is still okay. That's like, the minimum requirement but still, we have characters based purely off of descriptions that get used. At least Zeno actually has something to do.

All Zen O matches involve him erasing the opoonent and be done with it, so I am not sure for a match ban for Zen O, but for GP I do definitely agree. And I think all the Angels should get banned as well if GP does. We also don't know what would they do in a fight and they never went all out.

I don't see a problem with Zeno to be honest. We know how he fights, "Erase". He does it for those who annoy him like Zamasu and does it to those who mess with stuff they arn't suppose to like Frost trying to attack Frieza after he got eliminated. So I don't see why he wouldn't do it in an actual fight but that's just my thoughts.

I have no comment on the Grand Priest. If majority think they should be banned from matches, I don't really care.

I agree with the ban for both, for Zeno we can't really call what we saw him do 'a fight' we have no idea what Zeno does in an actual fight, everything he did until now fall more under 'i'm playing with my toybox' than 'i'm in a fight', we legit don't even know if Zeno can actualy throw a punch or not, that's how little we know of the guy.

Zeno in a fight can be summed up by 'we saw him use 1 ability offensively once against a guy who's basicaly part of his toy set', that's really stretching the bar requirement here but if most people think it's enough, not much i can do.

At least most people seem to agree with the Grand Priest ban.

Only Whis has actually done anything that could be called fighting, so all other should get banned as well.

All what Whis has done is either stopping Beerus from fighting or train Goku and Vegeta. I don't think that's enough to say what he would do in an actual fight where he has to use his maximum power or if he would resort to his good hax abilities, that's almost the same as the GP case imo since we would be just assuming things in a debate about him.

EDIT: And we don't even know what is his maximum output, we could see MUI Kaioken x20 LSSJB Gogeta with 2-B feats later and he'll probably be still weaker than Whis, just like what happened with Beerus until Jiren and UI lol.

Omegas03 said:
All what Whis has done is either stopping Beerus from fighting or train Goku and Vegeta. I don't think that's enough to say what he would do in an actual fight where he has to use his maximum power or if he would resort to his good hax abilities, that's almost the same as the GP case imo since we would be just assuming things in a debate about him.
EDIT: And we don't even know what is his maximum output, we could see MUI Kaioken x20 LSSJB Gogeta with 2-B feats later and he'll probably be still weaker than Whis, just like what happened with Beerus until Jiren and UI lol.
Which is exactly how it is in Heroes.

Omegas03 said:
I mean, this is pretty much the case in Heroes, so

In Xenoverse, SSJB Gogeta still couldn't touch him, neither could a Future Warrior who defeated MUI Goku and whose base is supeiror to Golden Frieza and rivaling the Gods of Destruction

Zeno is fine erasing summons up he's fighting style and also he has been stated to not be a fighter in Super so what we have seen in the series is safe to assume he will do in Vs battles.

Grand Priest I'm fine with banning the rest of the Angels besides Whis is also fine.

Has Grand Priest did anything in Heroes to say that version can be used?

I will never understand this.

There's a difference between, say, Patchy and Barney, where we don't know, and will probably never know, if their hax is even combat applicable, and people with very blatant feats and scaling.

Zeno has literally one thing he can ever potentially do. Erase. We have statements where we know he's not a fighter (thereby getting rid of the "we don't know if he can punch" argument), we have feats where we know how strong his erasure is, and we have constant showings of him erasing everything that even annoys him. Saying he won't erase something in a fight is patently ridiculous. If he turns out to have other tricks later down the line, we'll change his profile and matches accordingly.

Neutral on Grand Priest, hell no on Zeno.

I'm against Zeno being banned since we know how he fights- Erase. Like it's literally all he's ever done.

I'm also against GP being banned since we can easily extrapolate from Whis who's presumably trained from Grand Priest- notably Pressure Points. It's like saying we can't use the Black Belt of Karate because we've only seen a Red Belt of Karate fight even though through logical rankings, Black Belt > Red Belt.

@Darkfire

He snaps his fingers and heals the entire stage/punches through-space-time like Janemba/One shots etc.

But he's a support character who you can't use for actual combat so.

There is a battle between him and Zen'o, but it is implied Zeno stomped him, and GP said Zen'o is far stronger. It's a battle between GP and Whis vs Vaods and Zen'o

Akreious said:
I'm also against GP being banned since we can easily extrapolate from Whis who's presumably trained from Grand Priest- notably Pressure Points. It's like saying we can't use the Black Belt of Karate because we've only seen a Red Belt of Karate fight even though through logical rankings, Black Belt > Red Belt.
Basically, you're saying that we should allow GP because he'll just use pressure points like Whis?

Am all for GP, I am not about to just assume what he's gonna do based on someone that is barely usable because he hasn't done exactly nothing.

Zen'O I don't see the issue. Is his main ability and we know he doesn't shy from using it. Is not much, but is far more usable than GP, if pretty bare and simple.

Agree with banning Daishinkan: The real cal howard, Omegas03, Dragomer, Darkfire890, LSirLancelotDuLacl

Agree with banning Zen O: Dragomer

Low-key sad. GP is the most haxed canon character and in Heroes he is still in the top 5 with even more abiilities. If only we could argue how he fights using the game.

Zenkaibattery1 said:
Low-key sad. GP is the most haxed canon character and in Heroes he is still in the top 5 with even more abiilities. If only we could argue how he fights using the game.
If only a Heroes profile for him could be made.

Omegas03 said:
I don't honestly see the harm in it but ok
There's literally a rule on that: Cano

"Canon is a term used to designate works that are generally accepted as the genuine work that apply to the fictional verse. With few possible exceptions only canon material is featured in the character pages, with non-canon material to be ignored. "

Welp I stand corrected then, personally I would like new keys but since Non Canon material is not allowed...

I agree with Ionliosite to an extent.

All Angels should be banned exept for Whis since we have seen him use his abilities and some combat. Although the future does not seem promising for them because the Angel Law prohibits any serious confrontation thus no full power allowed.

Also, Zeno should not be banned since he can just erase. Beerus stated that Zeno does not fight, he just realy strong.

That and the angels there have abundances of other hax such as probability, Space-time, Soul, Damage Reduction, Life Manipulation, De-fusion, Information Analysis and Manipulation, universe creation and have all the resistances XGoku has and more

Zenkaibattery1 said:
Heroes GP is quite different since he is allowed to fight so why cant we make a profile on him-
Make a blog page about it. No one is stopping them from creating one.

Then, post the link of the blog page in the Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread.

Back