• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saikou_The_Lewd_King

The King of all Things Lewd
VS Battles
Retired
We currently rate the strongest Great Old Ones as 1-A. However...

"The Old Ones were, the Old Ones are, and the Old Ones shall be. Not in the spaces we know, but between them, they walk serene and primal, undimensioned and to us unseen."

The quote doesn't state that only the strongest GoO are 1-A, but it implies that it is a general characteristics for all of them.

Thus, I propose that the default rating for all GoO being 1-A.

Among exceptions would be Cthulhu and everyone that scales to him. In the very same statement above, Cthulhu is considered inferior to the GoO, implying he isn't included in this statement.

-Cthulhu (Unchanged)

-Ythogha (Unchanged)

-Atlach-Nacha (1-A)

-Nug and Yeb (1-A)

-Nightgaunts (1-A, as they should be superior to most GoOs)

I'm not sure anymore tbh. I can't even find the source. We can leave out the nightgaunts (Though them being anywhere near a threat to Outer Gods...)

You should preferably ask Azathoth to comment here before we make any changes.

Nug and Yeb could get the addition of "likely 1-A", since they're basically mini Outer Gods, and I imagine would be well within the more powerful GOO spectrum.

I would be more skeptical of one like Atlach-Nacha. Iirc, it was first portrayed (in its canon appearance) as more similar in nature to Tsathoggua, who is a more Cthulhu-esque GOO than anything.

Nightgaunts are extremely vague, though Matt is correct in if anything, they'd scale to Great Ones, not Great Old Ones.

Back