• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I'd say it'd be an even fight, stats considered. Although I'd say Cap has more experience, Arrow is going on 10 years of nonstop fighting. And his bow has inanate advantage of being ranged anyway. I'd gotta say, unless Cap can counter the arsenal of weapon and arrow types Arrow has, I'm putting my vote down for Green Arrow.

close, very close....i go with...boah, this is hard, i will go with...captain..

reason: his shield should protect him against basically any kind of toys arrow has, and the moment he manages to get close he should have a very big advantage,

arrow must play his cards right and keep his distance but he usually doesnt do it, always doing a close range if the enemy isnt taken out by some arrows, so it is captains win, but a very VERY hard one :)

If Cap's shield can allow Steve to withstand a leaping down strike from Thor (who is considerably stronger than Arrow) with Mjonir (a weapon far superior to anythin in Arrow's bag of tricks), than Cap with a shield should be able to take anything that Arrows shoots him with.

Also even if everything else may be more even, the Captain is more experienced as a skilled strategist and is highly adaptable in battle. Furthermore he has worked alongside and presumably trained with Hawkeye who is at least as good as if not a better archer than Arrow himself. So he should have some experience with archers of that calibur and though the same may be said of Arrow, bullets rarely trouble the Captain as he is skilled enough and fast enough to react and either dodge or reflect/deflect them with his Shield.

Captain has more advantages than disadvantages in this fight in contrast to Arrow.

I'd say Oliver is more skilled, and he can take a beating as shown is his fight with Damian.

He has magnetic arrows too. Those could take Cap's shield away.

I can see something like this happening, if Oliver can't get past the shield.

He was also capable of not moving like a total slug against Flash. I know Barry jobs a lot, but he was actually using his speed in the fight.

Overall, I give it to Oliver.

If Oliver couldn't take a beating, he'd have no business in the Versus Forums, saying that is more than a little bit redundant as Steve can also take a beating... From Iron Man, Red Skull, the Winter Soldier, Black Panther, and etc.

All those are people as strong or stronger than him, with more or less similar levels of over all ability for combat and a veriety of fighting methodology and gear with which they do their thing.

As for Magnets... Steve took out an elevators worth of people with his shield and as consequence his arm bound the to the walls by a powerful magnet, and then through sheer strength pried his shield away.

Also again, Steve has a good deal of experience with an archer of similar skill with a quiver full of trick arrows.

My vote goes to GA,he would have magnetic arrow or something like that.Explosive arrow too,so he would beat him

Well it really could go either way, cap should be stronger and faster but oliver has also shown cosiderable speed, strength and reaction. He's thrown full grown men several meters across a room effortlessly but i'd say cap is stronger, one of his best speed or reaction feat was to dodge a bullet from near point blank range unaware, with a silencer, in the dark, during a storm(meaning he couldn't hear the bullet go off), and subsequently dissapear in the same move, si'd think arrow won't be outclassed in a fight. The fight would probably be decided by how quickly arrow could analyze Cap. I'm sure he can avoid the shield toss, and once he realizes how gravity defying the shield is, he could take it out of contention with a magnetic arrow. But then that's where it gets hairy. If Oliver can keep it a ranged fight he has a higher chance of winning, Cap is definitely able to catch his arrows, but he can work around that so won't exactly be easy. If it comes to CQC then cap has the advantage, MCU cap isn't as proficient in Fighting as arrow is, he didn't get much chance to learn during the war, and we don't know for sure how much he's learnt with shield, but we know Arrow has 10 years of constant fighting experience against everything under the sun, from tyrants to aliens, and has all sorts of martial arts training, even ninja training. so he could more than match Cap in skill but the problem would be cap having a significant strength and durability advantage.

So here's how I see it, it comes to a ranged battle Arrow wins 7 times out of 10, with mid to high diff, if it comes to a CQC, cap wins 8 times out of 10 in high to extreme diff. So judging from how they both would normally act, as soon as arrow sees how far cap is able to move and throw his shield, he'd try to put some distance, giving him a better chance of winning.But i'd be an interesting match up

The Captain. In terms of skill; the winter soldier onwards show he is a master of hand to hand combat, he also shows a remarkable tactical mind along with the necessary physical power to take on many a man. Arrow may have his trick arrows but nothing they have will be game changing, his shield can tank literally everything Oliver can throw at it and while the "magnetic arrow" is impressive, it shouldn't be forgotten that Cap does have a magnet of his own as seen in Age of Ultron. And even if that wasn't the case, he has shown the necessary brute strength to overcome powerful magnets already. But Ollies' real downfall in this fight is his preference for CQC, the moment his arrows don't cut it he'll go in... and subsequently get destroyed.

Problem is what exactly is "Master of H2H" we don't see him learn any martial arts during the war, and fury recruited him not long after he woke up, just how much time would he have had to learn how much martial arts?? Cap is undoubtedly very skilled, but it can be argued and with good reason that Oliver is even more so skilled than he is. He's been trained by so many different people in so many different martial arts, and even trained by Ra'as to fight even in the dark. He can more than make up the strength and durability difference with his combat speed. Cap hasn't show any combat speed that far surpasses anything arrow has shown, if anything, arrow's feat with the bullet suggest he's near bullet timing with reactions

There has been an obvious time gap between the Avengers, the Winter soldier, AOU and Civil War. And after these gaps, most especially the gap between the Avengers and Winter Soldier the is massive difference in the amount of skill he displays, because we are not explicitly told something does not mean that it isn't implied or can't be deduced. Literally the first scene we see of Cap in Avengers he's boxing- suggesting to the audience that he hasn't slacked in his training at all. Once Winter Soldier comes along we see better displays of skill from him than his previous appearances- coupled with the time jump, the fact that he joined shield and the Avengers both organisations that he would need to constantly be in top performance for along with the progression of skill and the Captains own character (constantly trying to better himself and Ultrons claim that he actually relishes in conflict) and it would make the most logical sense that he would continue to train.

And in response to the speed; Oliver is rated at where he is due to his ability to catch arrows mid flight m, Cap is scaled to Bucky who dodges bullets. While I have no clue as to who is faster since Olly has no calcs on his page, it at least stands to reason they are somewhat comparable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BIYVL4utLw This is oliver's fastest reaction IMO, notice he realizes and dodges after the bullet is shot, there was the storm, the darkness and the silencer, so it's have been difficult to hear the gun. I never said cap hasn't trained since he woke, what I said was from the time he came back till civil war ccan't have been as much as oliver's. He came back 2012, that 4 to 5 years max, Oliver has been training continously for almost EVERY DAY for the past 10 years with different masters. He's been trained as a soilder, an assassin, a torturer, whatever the bratva did, and even a ninja, by a man who has lived and trained for hundreds of years. Yeah, i'm thinking there is a very reasonable chance oliver is the more skilled fighter. Now i did say in CQC Cap wins 8 times out of 10 because of his superior strength and durability, but i still see arrow edging him out in combat speed. Arrow's versatility will be the problem, and if Oliver can get range he'd vastly increase the odds in his favour.NOt saying Cap can't deal with magnet's but it'd at least help arrow disarm him for a while, from there it's a matter of luring cap into range of an exposive arrow which he is very capable of, and then gassing him or injecting him, he even has the nanites that slow down a person's speed, There are so many things he could hit steve with. And he has the stealth to stay out of steve's way, like I said he was a freaking ninja. He broke into a high security military blacksite without anyone knowing., he's been taught to fight proficiently in the dark. Not saying Steve is not a good fighter that would be stupid, but a normal rational fight between these two would probably lead to arrow keeping his distance

if you slowed that video down, you'd see that he shot, oliver turned looked his direction and then ducked before the bullet hit, that distance was really really close, not quite sure but shouldn't that put his speed at supersonic, or at the very least supersonic reactions.

Captain America wins.

Captain America is definitely stronger and is arguably more durable as he has taken punches to the face repeatedly from the Winter soldiers mechanical arm in the film the Winter Soldier near the end in their last fight.

In Civil war he was able to keep up with Spider-Man and kick him a few metres into a large crate while Spider-Man was half way through swinging and he also dodged a web shot at the same time.

I don't know who is the better fighter out of the two. The choreography of the fights in Captain Amercan's films do make him look like he is a better fighter.

I think Captain America's fights are paced a lot faster than Green Arrow's. But that's just cinematic timing so who knows.

Oliver has no chance. Cap's shield's AP have been upgraded to Multi-City Block Level. Even without the shield Cap is still the better fighter. He is more skilled in combat. Captain America can dodge an arrow from Green Arrow 2 or 3 metres away. Green Arrow is only human after all, while Cap is a superhuman. Captain America's shield throws are now Multi-City Block Level, check out the profile, so RIP Green Arrow.

Back