• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Grey Goo Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kepekley23

VS Battles
Retired
Currently, the Grey Goo's last key is 2-A with the following justification:

Consumed the Turtles of Time, an infinite amount of turtles that exist outside of time upon which the fabric of the universe rests, The ending implies that since the turtles are infinite, the Goo can eat forever
However, the Goo never consumed all the Turtles. He just kept eating them forever, as the profile itself states. This is a 2-B feat. He is gradually consuming an infinite amount of 2-B constructs, but he will never eat all of them.

The ending itself implies this, since the Turtles are a parody of the "Turtles all the way down" joke, where a problem is solved, only to get replaced by another problem, which continues the cycle infinitely.

This is the...what, thirs thread like this? The answer is always the same, it refers to eating the turtles in the past tense, confirming it did eat them all.

"It was a tasty feast, all the way down."

The last sentence, "all the way down" is based on the "Turtles all the way down" dilemma, which is based on a problem that is unsolvable because it will always be getting replaced with another problem infinitely. The gist of the joke already implies that isn't the case.

Im aware of what its a reference to, but the fact that it refers to it in the past tense, "It WAS a tasty feast", shows that it had consumed all of the turtles already.

The background image shows it consuming more and more turtles, so by the time that was said, he hadn't consumed all of them.

"All the way down" alludes to the problem of infinite regress, as I said above. He can consume as many turtles as he wants, it will never be 2-A.

Seriously though, since it's been years since I've actually played Tasty Planet, when was it stated in-game that the turtles actually went on forever as opposed to just regressing indefinitely to an unspecified level?

There are only subtle indications, such as "That turtle rested on the back of another turtle, which by itself rested on the back of another bigger turtle, and so on."

And also the "...all the way down" bit.

Low end 2-B is 1001

High end 2-B is countless

The Goo can just keep eating forever, meaning it will just keep becoming higher levels of 2-B forever but without actually reaching 2-A

@Azzy

I know what he meant lol, I was just giving him a hard time.

But yep.

Hey, while we're here, can we talk about what powers the Goo would have for converting black holes, the fabric of reality, and time into nanomachines?

Black holes are High 3-A in hax and 4-A in AP, so quite below his current rating.

Fabric of reality makes him Low 2-C.

Overall I'd say that's just good hax. Perhaps we should add "Reactive Evolution (His size allows him to nullify the abilities of things smaller than him, such as the Sun's heat or the spatial and temporal distortion/gravitational influence of black holes)" to his profile or some other ability that fits that bill?

I know the ap i below its tier but im wondering what hax it would be? Would converting a black hole into nanomachines be transmutation or reality warping? Or space-time manip?

Transmutation.

Black holes have a natural lifespan, their disappearance isn't really that kind of hax.

Question, if the Goo kept on eating infinitely, wouldn't it become infinite in size?

Well that's still a pretty big 2-B anyways.

It's still a "If you don't resist Absorption or are non-corporeal/intangible. U dead"

Edwardtruong2006 said:
Well that's still a pretty big 2-B anyways.
It's still a "If you don't resist Absorption or are non-corporeal/intangible. U dead"
Technically the Goo can absorb intangible/incorporeal things. Like time. And reality itself.

Monarch Laciel said:
Soooo if he's eating the turtles one by one, isn't that just low 2-C?

Or am I missing something
Goo would be 2-B via size.

The dude would be bigger than all the turtles he ate before. Each turtle is Low 2-C, and he could very likely consume all of the smaller ones he ate before.

Also I think the Turtles Of Time would be fine as 2-A. Their sheer numbers make them 2-A anyways.

Technically the Goo can absorb intangible/incorporeal things. Like time. And reality itself.

He's pretty strong then.

Definitely not taking strongest 2-B spot as Khorne nulls his absorption. But still strong.

The Turtles themselves are implied to be 2-A, but the Goo is enjoying that feast to this date so he'd be an overpowered 2-B.

Also, shouldn't the Goo be Immeasurable in speed? It went to a void that predates time and space and was able to move freely.

It's locked.

According to the Scroll of VS, only a follower of the art of hillbusting can unlock pages. I am not worthy enough to do it yet. ovo

If GG can consume up to tier 2 (already an infinite jump) then why wouldn't he bevable to again with another infinite supply?

Because that's a hasty generalization.

The thread is concluded and he has gotten hax upgrades to compensate, so all is good. ;z

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back