• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Agnaa

VS Battles
Administrator
Calculation Group
Translation Helper
Gold Supporter
Azra's two books are Light of Glory (Casting Healing also temporarily dispels magical darkness), and Slow End (Enemies slow dow as they approach Azra)

Grue's is in base key.

If there's anything unfair there's a lot of ways I can tweak this to make one weaker/stronger, just let me know

Starting range of 20m.

Otherwise SBA - yes, speed is unequalized.

Azra Livbar: 0

Grue: 0

Inconclusive: 0

For more Worm vs Agnaa's Obscure Verses nonsense, see here.

Azra in trance
GrueWorm

Might want to specify range so they don't take several minutes just jogging to one another

Good point, specified it at 50m.

By range, Azra can cast for hundreds of meters, possibly kilometers.

By amount, in-battle Azra has a certain amount of PSI that she only gets back by killing enemies, which she expends to cast spells. We don't get a good lore indicator of her limits on number of spells cast.

On my nearly-finished-NG+ file, she has 3225 PSI, with spells costing from 10-75 PSI each.

Bump.

Bump.

Bump.

Bump.

Bump.

Bump.

Bump.

Bump.

Small bump.

Bump.

As somene who's actually read Worm, I believe Grue takes quite handily, especially considering the fact his darkness manipulation's feats seem to be above the baseline Azra has dealt with, especially since it can actually steal powers.

There's above baseline darkness manipulation?

For information's sake, certain revenant cloud themselves with magical darkness to make them harder to hit. Azra with the book can dispel this across the range of the entire screen (usually around hundreds of meters) for a few seconds. But there's nothing indicating a super above-baseline level of darkness that can't be dispelled by light.

Anyway, your vote's counted.

Lightning, Crystal, and Dragon Fire spells. These all have range in the hundreds of meters and damage the soul as well as the physical body.

The real kicker is if Grue can clear the distance before things get annoying, because he is for sure beating her up if he gets close with his close quarter skill.

The main thing is that Grue can not only copy the powers, but suppress them as well, so he could end up suppressing her stuff.

Am not sure about higher degree of darkness manipulation, but if we take it as a thing Grue is for sure taking this.

Grue's clouds negate all sorts of waves. Can't really hear in them either, and they made certain powers not work even before his second trigger due to this. Light's still a wave, I don't think he'd be nearly as effective if strong lights could override his effects given how many tinkers the heroes have at their disposal.

Being second trigger means the darkness comes out a little slower but has straight up power theft and blocking now. Obscuring both his location and the powers themselves would make it hard to hit him with spells, and against an unknown enemy he's probably gonna flood with darkness right off the bat for safety.

Dragon Fire causes fire to rain over the entire hundreds of meters radius, so the location being obscured shouldn't be a huge issue. She can also still hit enemies surrounded by darkness with her Lightning while normal attacks would miss, but this could be game mechanics or due to them moving slowly.

She also has Push Back to telekinetically knock everyone in a radius away from her.

Telekinesis to deal with his shadow seems like her best option honestly. The main thing though is that she has no clue what the actual deal with the shadow is, as the moment she's inside even a bit, her troubles increase exponentially.

Bump.

Would it be fairer to have Base Grue then?

Is hard to say, since one of her abilities has such massive range.

But Base Grue wouldn't be so much of a one turn death if the smoke gets to her.

Distance would need to be shortened though. He can make smoke quite quick, but that won't last long if she's really trying to hit all the place to get him.

Alright. I'll probably change it to 20m and Base Grue if Kep's fine with it (and tells me what his vote would be with that change).

Bump?

Bump?!

Back