• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gurren Lagann Pre Time Skip (Simon) vs Shinji Ikari in Awakened EVA 01

both are High 6-A, speed equalized, both are serious about winning, victory by any means

Battle takes place in NGEs version of Japan. Shinji starts in Neo-Tokyo 3 and Gurren Lagann on the other end of Japan. When NERV accidentally picks up Gurren Laganns spiral energy as code blue, Shinji has to get in the robot and intercept the unknown threat. Simon sees this as a good training exercise and engages in combat.

Gurren Lagann: 8 (RoyGundam, Numbersguy, Reppuzan, Kaltias, BraginskiBackup, JustSomeWeirdo, Cropfist, NeoZex6399)

Shinji Ikari: 0 (Ôùï ~ Ôùï)

Evangelion Unit-01 (Pseudo-evolved)
The Classic

Gurren Lagann profile
The Embodiment of Badassery

Depends really, The EVA has better defense because of AT field but Gurren Lagann has better attack. Overall, I'd vote for Gurren Lagann, mainly because of Simon - because he can fight and bring in the pain even if his Mech is destroyed

Gurren Lagann wins this, the EVA's AT Field should be able to be pierced since the Gurren Lagann has the enough AP to do so (Plus the AT Field in the profile is likely Multi-Continent level so it is probably "doubtful")

Funny you should bring this up.

Anyways, Simon and the Gurren Lagann should take this simply due to having greater AP overall (being almost 6 Exatons vs Shinji's 18 Petatons) and having a much stabler and more confident mindset.

@DaFritzi

Unfortunately. Banpresto pays a lot to license these games. Due to Mecha's relative lack of popularity over here in the west, they haven't bothered to translate any of them into English for Western audiences since the early days of the DS, and none of the games that Shinji or Simon appear in.

If you happen to like other series like Gundam SEED, Combattler V, and Nadesico, there is an online GBA Rom that has gotten a full English fan-translation, if you're interested.

@Rep Too bad, another reason for me to learn this language. Thx for the info on the game, I haven't watched any of those series by now, but who knows maybe I will one day.

Gurren Lagann because I'm biased and never watched or read Eva---

jk

GL for reasons above

The votes are unchanged. This is concluded. Since both profiles are open for edit I will perform the changes myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back