• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Maverick_Zero_X

She/Her
VS Battles
Administrator
IMG_1937.png
I swear to you this MU was decided upon via pure RNG

Guts vs Raiden (MGS4)

Speed equalized

Raiden wins.

How does he win? I could explain it, in great detail, but Guts doesn't deserve this and I'm sure everyone can figure out why.

I swear to you this MU was decided upon via pure RNG

Sus.

Berserker Armor, defensive probability hax, and the ability to neg Raiden's Type 2 Immortality by skewering his soul means Guts isn't devoid of options when it comes to securing a win or at least a mutual KO, but Raiden's superior lifting, agility in base, and the fact that he negates durability by default means that he has the advantage. If Guts can figure out that Raiden's sword will cut through basically anything like butter, I think he'll play it safe and smart and maybe pull off a win. However, I'd say Raiden still takes it at least 6/10 times, likely 7/10 - 7.5/10 times, and no more than 8.5/10 times

Tbh the wound soul hax thing I'm not sure would even work, Raiden is a cyborg, would cutting the cyborg body effect his soul? 90% of his body is already gone, it's like, if slan broke Guts iron hand, would it effect him on the astral plane? I'm not so sure.

Tbh the wound soul hax thing I'm not sure would even work, Raiden is a cyborg, would cutting the cyborg body effect his soul? 90% of his body is already gone, it's like, if slan broke Guts iron hand, would it effect him on the astral plane? I'm not so sure.
Perhaps, but then again Guts' prosthetic is much less advanced, and is something just put there as a crude stand-in and surprise weapon, whereas Raiden is more of a true replacement and overhaul. Plus, Raiden has normal cyborization in his MGS4 key, so there may still be enough there to affect with Dragon Slayer. This may be a logically flawed stance though I admit, so I won't defend it too much.

Another thing, though, is that Raiden's cyborg body can still bleed out, it nearly occurs a few times in the game. So having a 500 pound broadsword poke a basketball-sized gash in his chest would get him eventually

In 4 everything from his jaw and below is fake. He's basically just a brain in a weird cyborg nanofiber body.

Yeah, he can still bleed out, that part is true, it's just, HF blade goes brrrr I'm pretty sure. Raiden clashes with DS even once, and he wins because his blade is going straight through it and into guts, unless he clashes from a bit away. But that'd still cut Guts range in half.

Tbh low key wanna call this a stomp, the only thing Guts has over his foe is some hax that well good and shit Raiden probably wishes he had (would've worked great on Vamp) won't really work here imo, and an, in theory, longer active ability (Raiden needs to get blood changed once in awhile, while Guts, in theory, can fight for days on end), but in practice that won't matter much here.

In 4 everything from his jaw and below is fake. He's basically just a brain in a weird cyborg nanofiber body.

Yeah, he can still bleed out, that part is true, it's just, HF blade goes brrrr I'm pretty sure. Raiden clashes with DS even once, and he wins because his blade is going straight through it and into guts, unless he clashes from a bit away. But that'd still cut Guts range in half.

Tbh low key wanna call this a stomp, the only thing Guts has over his foe is some hax that well good and shit Raiden probably wishes he had (would've worked great on Vamp) won't really work here imo, and an, in theory, longer active ability (Raiden needs to get blood changed once in awhile, while Guts, in theory, can fight for days on end), but in practice that won't matter much here.
Can you refresh my memory on something? On the defensive, is MGS4 Raiden more dodge-oriented or parry-oriented? Cuz if Guts is going on the offensive and Raiden snips the tip off Dragon Slayer, he'd learn pretty quick to not let the HF blade anywhere near himself or his equipment. On the other hand, however, if Raiden keeps dancing around him, it'll take him longer to figure it out, assuming he manages to find out at all before he gets chopped up

His probability manip safety is nerfed a bit when you remove outside help for sure, but it can still do some pretty overt and helpful stuff, like letting him dodge crossbow bolts unintentionally, having a damaged battle axe shatter into bits, not get instakilled by Apostles that can blitz him, etc. So even if it just prolongs the inevitable like half the time in this particular fight, it still has use.

I knew I should've picked Skull Knight

Last edited:
Both? I mean he kinda just does whatever, he dodges and does flips and stuff, but he can and has used his blade to deflect incoming stuff.
It's not really one or the other.

Ya should've picked Skull Knight, Skull Knight has that hax mate. Super long range spatial hax goes brrrr.

Both? I mean he kinda just does whatever, he dodges and does flips and stuff, but he can and has used his blade to deflect incoming stuff.
It's not really one or the other.

Ya should've picked Skull Knight, Skull Knight has that hax mate. Super long range spatial hax goes brrrr.
I woulda gone with him but didn't know if he qualified for low hax, considering he can basically just Judgement Cut gg

They accepted Raiden with his **** off you're dead blade and Silver with his actually 7-C long range gesture TK.
Skull Knight wouldn't have been much worse tbh, he's basically both, long range **** off sword hax instead.

Back