• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hajime no Ippo General Discussion Thread

Welcome to the Hajime no Ippo Discussion Thread!

FMvfXzSXwAA_g7O.jpg

"The only ones who can be world champion are those who challenge the world. Those who don’t dream should stay the hell away from the ring"

Chapter 1409 is out in English!

Ongoing CRTs:

Last edited:
I don't think Wally's gonna win tbh.
Very few expects that, tbf. Most people were expecting Ricardo to go berserk and destroy Wally, and some (myself included) that Wally would be the first to actually give Ricardo a proper fight to actually excite Ricardo and his audience. But almost everyone expects Wally and, eventually Sendo, will fall before Ricardo.

The debate with Sendo is whether he will get Joe Yabuki'd or if that would be too dark for Hajime no Ippo.

Damn Ricardo's still running around?
I haven't seen that manga/anime in about a year but I do remember the characters, pretty good stuff.

Yeah, Ricardo still the world champ. The manga is taking its time, but some good stuff has happened. Wally, the monkey boy got a title match with him and they are actually matching each other instead of a stomp on either side's favor like usual (Wally controlled the pace in the first rounds, but Ricardo got the hang of him like an old school video game boss and dominated later ones). And Ippo had his first proper sparring match since his retirement and completely (and unintentionally) showed up Volg.

Hello! I'm one of the people that took part in making this blog

Regarding Ippo's information however I highly recommend using this blog, I've updated it with some more feats and techniques and renovated some prior calcs in the process

On that note please update Ippo's abilities/technique section lmao he's done really dirty in that regard via his current profile on the site lol

Hello! I'm one of the people that took part in making this blog

Regarding Ippo's information however I highly recommend using this blog, I've updated it with some more feats and techniques and renovated some prior calcs in the process

On that note please update Ippo's abilities/technique section lmao he's done really dirty in that regard via his current profile on the site lol
I still think Takamura need the biggest update lol

Following.

I'm in the middle of making a new profile for Ippo as the current one is REALLY bad (no abilities, no justifiaction for Stamina, no justifiaction for intelligence and just a measly "Average" rating for it even though Ippo has shown at least Gifted level BIQ feats up to the point I watched (I'm at the first Volg fight eheheehehe)

Following.

I'm in the middle of making a new profile for Ippo as the current one is REALLY bad (no abilities, no justifiaction for Stamina, no justifiaction for intelligence and just a measly "Average" rating for it even though Ippo has shown at least Gifted level BIQ feats up to the point I watched (I'm at the first Volg fight eheheehehe)
Could we use any of the calcs from the blog?

Could we use any of the calcs from the blog?
Well I got all of the ratings from the accepted calcs the verse currently has. I also put Jason Ozuma piercing a sandbag off-screen as an another justification for durability and AP ratings which is not accepted as far as I know.

Just a reminder but you guys are free to copy and paste any calcs I made into any calc blogs from my google doc. Your even free to make your own revisions on your calc blogs and ask me any questions lol

Though I at least wish to say, if we are still accepting Miyata's Red Lightning punch as faster than just sound then I still disagree with using just his arm weight when the technique itself is stated in series and in other source guides that I've listed in my google doc to utilize the user's entire body weight

Just a reminder but you guys are free to copy and paste any calcs I made into any calc blogs from my google doc. Your even free to make your own revisions on your calc blogs and ask me any questions lol
I looked at it slightly and it looks pretty nice, especially the Accelerated Development stuff which will come handy on Ippo's intelligence section.

I'm also making some Hajime no Ippo calcs and one of them even got accepted so early series Ippo's reactions scales slightly above baseline Subsonic as of now.

I looked at it slightly and it looks pretty nice, especially the Accelerated Development stuff which will come handy on Ippo's intelligence section.

I'm also making some Hajime no Ippo calcs and one of them even got accepted so early series Ippo's reactions scales slightly above baseline Subsonic as of now.
Oh I should mention that I also disagree with the destruction method used for the Bear and Tree moment, Idk why people would scale via it's claw when you see an entire chunk of the tree is destroyed in both the anime and manga, the POV split for the Ippo and Takamura table moment is kinda skewered and doesn't take into account the resulting crack that happened afterwards

Hoping every other calculation I did gets shown and evaluated though

Following.

Btw so far so good this looks CLEAN

Following.

Looking great, excellent work! But, shouldn't Ippo's post-retirement key have intelligence higher than average? It's noted how much his boxing IQ has developed and how great his cunning and analysis of boxing has become. For example how he can turn around matches for Kimura and Aoki with good advice, how he can read into matches much better when before he would be completely lost. I remember that in his previous fight against the world ranker to earn his title match (forgot the opponent's name) Mashiba was even angry that Ippo's advice (go for a body blow) was so sound and effective.

Looking great, excellent work! But, shouldn't Ippo's post-retirement key have intelligence higher than average? It's noted how much his boxing IQ has developed and how great his cunning and analysis of boxing has become. For example how he can turn around matches for Kimura and Aoki with good advice, how he can read into matches much better when before he would be completely lost. I remember that in his previous fight against the world ranker to earn his title match (forgot the opponent's name) Mashiba was even angry that Ippo's advice (go for a body blow) was so sound and effective.
I didn't start working on the intelligence section yet. I will get to it eventually though. I think Ippo definitely reaches Gifted in terms of Battle IQ, maybe even Genius.
The Pre-Boxing render could use some re-rendering
I definitely agree 😐
Idk why people would scale via it's claw when you see an entire chunk of the tree is destroyed in both the anime and manga,
Can you post some scans?

I didn't start working on the intelligence section yet. I will get to it eventually though. I think Ippo definitely reaches Gifted in terms of Battle IQ, maybe even Genius.

I definitely agree 😐

Can you post some scans?
I'm pretty sure they're in my google doc for Ippo

Sweet. Honestly is borderline cathartic see Ippo nail so hard strategy of boxing as the retirement arc went on.

Yay! Now I'm wondering if some of the other calcs I did for the verse like glass breaking at the very least can get accepeted.

Tbh I'd prefer the higher speed calcs get evaluated as well, encase peeps wanna gatekeeps Miyata's Red Lightning sound portion of the statement there's more stating it's lightspeed than sound lol and the like, hilariously consistent higher speed calcs the verse has

Truth be told I moreso see the sound portion as hyping up something the verse has already shown before like Dragon Ball Super hyping up Dyspo surpassing sound and light or Frieza hyping up his Deathball being able to blow up a Planet

Back