• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully this gets the Attention that some others big revisions have.

So I planned on making this since Halo Wars 2 came out, Halo isn´t the most popular games as of now, but It surely needs to get updated.

-Master Chief´s Durability and why is so Important-

So practicly 50% of the Characters from the Franchise scale to Chief, as of now his overall Dura. is City Block level+.

The problem? The problem is that the feat is unclear is just a fat with no calc. or explaneationits only a explanation: (Used the detonation of a large antimatter bomb to accelerate himself to high speeds, and withstood the impact of hitting a spaceship traveling at what appears to be at least hypersonic+ speed, the latter equal to at least 5.38 tonnes of TNT) .

One of my problems is that the Bomb is more than 30 Megatons, It literally annihilates a City level Ship , the explosion is around 30 Megatons, likely higher.

So yeah, a calc. would be appreciated, If we need a more consistent feat, Chief fought against Sentinels from the Ark, by far the strongest of all types, the Sentinels from Ghost of Onyx already did City Block feats and those are weak compared to the Ark ones.

-New changes for the Profiles!-

Halo Nation has very good photos for the pages so they can have more polish.

Chief : Needs to add Mark VI [GEN1] variant (The one from H2 and H3) and Rename the Mark VI of H4 to Mark VI [GEN2], again Chief´s page on Halo Natio has some good renders at the end in the Gallery.

Arby : Probably change his name to The Arbiter (Halo) for popularity purpose, add H5 new appearance, again check his Halo Nation gallery (The Halo Escalation one looks the best in my opinion), add his Sword of Sangheilios leader status, add more summary for the new appearances, probably add a Gallery section.

Gravemind : Add summary and his catchphrase, his Nation profile , make the photo bigger (Very optional).

Voldemort : Add some summary for his novel appearances and a catchphrase... Halo wiki profile ... a revision for his stats would be appreciated, some polish for his profile if needed.

Fal : His verse page is broken, outdated stats.

Noble Sex : Probably change name to Noble Six/6 for popularity purposes, add more Summary?, change this photo for his main page (Very optional), add a cool gallery.

Cal-141 : Her Dura. Seems kind of weird, survives a Hammer Strike in the Head and still 9-A Dura.?

The Black Guy from Aliens : Change his name to Sgt./Sergeant Johnson, popularity purposes and blah blah blah..., add a new photo for his profile, this one for example(Please put that one), Add some Halo Wars 2 stats?, his AP with Spartan Laser should be 8-B, probably a Revision for his stats.

UNSC : Needs to add some summary for better explaneation, add the Old UNSC logo .

Covenant Empire : Looks to have mixed Jul´Mdama´s Covenant and Sword of Sanghelios stats, a revision is necessary on this one.

Forerunners : Change his profile pic. to a render of his Iconic Logo (Its the Mantle of responsibility Logo, but its known for his Impact on the Forerunner Culture), stats as Speed are necessary to be honest, probably add his 3-A Tier for more complete stats.

Precursors : Lack stats, thats all.

Flood : Remove his Gravemind tabber (He has a profile, and a link to his on the same page) and the Floodcursors one, Its none canon and never was mentioned to be "Floodcursors", add the various types of Flood, the ones mentioned in the Right Table of his Halo Nation profile , It would need a good Content Revision for stats.

-New Halo profiles-

These profiles should be created for both more content and complete verse page.

Halo 4:

-Jul Mdama´s Covenant

-With their respective Army

-Prometeans

Halo 5:

-Blue Team (They Appered before but this was his 1st Apperance on the games)

-Frederic-105

-Kelly-087

-Linda-058

-Fireteam Osiris

-Jameson Locke

-Edward Buck

-Holly Tanaka

-Olympia Vale

-Sword of Sangheilios

-All the new REQ Weapons

Halo Wars (1 & 2)*

-UNSC

-Captain Cutter

-Sgt. Forge

-Profesor Anders

-Isabel

-Jerome-092

-Alice-130

-Douglas-042

-Other troops like Hornets, Hellbringers, etc...

-Covenant

-The Arbiter (Ripa Moramee )

-Brute Chieftain (Thrallslayer )

-Prophet of Regret

-The Banished

-Atriox

-Decimus

-Shipmaster (Let ´Volir )

-Colony

*Halo Wars profiles are very weird since they have Hero Units and Individual untis, not to mention leader powers, that some Characters appear as both Leaders and Heroes, etc...

-Thats all folks!-

Well I took my time but at least I finished hopefully It gets highlited so we can make these changes for the better.

Before I post the Treath I want to give a big CONGRATULATIONS to Sera , she Is gonna become a Mother, this Is something that you dont see everyday!, so If Sera is seeing this, CONGRATS and blesses to you!.

Here s the angry baby if anyone wants it edfce3a67688c8e434fa3584cb2b16d1
Before.

Babyman
After.

Made some changes to distinct Games/Factions/Characters, hopefully Its useful (I didnt edit the treath because It looked like a Clusterfuck to edit)

Halo 4:

-Jul Mdama´s Covenant

~With their respective Army

-Prometeans

Halo 5:

-Blue Team (They Appered before but this was his 1st Apperance on the games)

~Frederic-105

~Kelly-087

~Linda-058

-Fireteam Osiris

~Jameson Locke

~Edward Buck

~Holly Tanaka

~Olympia Vale

-Sword of Sangheilios

-All the new REQ Weapons

Halo Wars (1 & 2):*

-UNSC

~Captain Cutter

~Sgt. Forge

~Profesor Anders

~Isabel

~Jerome-092

~Alice-130

~Douglas-042

~Other troops like Hornets, Hellbringers, etc...

-Covenant

~The Arbiter (Ripa Moramee )

~Brute Chieftain (Thrallslayer )

~Prophet of Regret

-The Banished

~Atriox

~Decimus

~Shipmaster (Let ´Volir )

~Colony

The Bear Books are canon, I lost track of where the video is, but a developer directly stated all Halo Books are canon. So the Floodcursors are canon, unless you mean rename them as "Silentium Flood"

We should downgrade the level of durability for shielding in general, considering that plasma rifles have never else shown high 9-A feats like the calc suggest, and peak at 9-B, with like 3 or 4 shots downing one's armor.

I have some scans from Cryptum that would give Didact multi-universal scanner range

-The Floodcursors are the de-evolved form of the Precursors that didnt fully de-evolved, my provlem is that the tabber shows them as a Flood Infecting a Forerunner ship, that is Tier 3 Flood (Interstellar)

-The problem is not shields, in general, Chief has City Block level dura., but the distribution on damage is weird and unexplicated, the most consistent feat is jumping out of a Ship and falling outside the Atmosfere and thats around High 8-C

-The Didact is weak af in the game he was strongly nerfed for plot purposes, the only thing I know for sure is that his ships aare Universal to possibly Multi-Universal.

I agree with downgrading durability to Room Level. It's the most consistent durability feat; and I'm starting to consider the bomb propelling from Halo 2 an outlier. Also, I'm working on a calc for the crash landing feat, but I need help; I got an unfinished blog for it. But I do remember somewhere that the crash landing is actually more like a building level feat rather than Large Building. Also, I don't see any evidence that the Ark sentiniels are stronger than the Onyx ones; would like some proof if they are.

As for the Forerunners; I think their 2-A rating should be removed entirely. It's not for AP and should be considered a range feat instead. The Halo rings, which are their strongest weapon; only has galaxy level range. And once again, it's more so durability negation and range rather than AP. The Forerunners should have City Level durability scaling from Didact though.

Got more things to say, but I'll com back later.

Medeus, man, you are looking a little bit hatery... Anyways.

The most constant feat isnt the Room level AP, the most consistent feat is Spartans jumping out of the Atmosphere, 3 Spartans did it and all 3 survived with no problem (Sadly I cant put cinematics since I am on Mobile, I would add them later), The Bomb impulse isnt an Outlier, he used the bomb to Impulse, he didnt resist the explosion, and well, there is no difference between Sentinels, the Ark ones and the Ones that appered in the Ghost of Onyx novel are the same, no to mention that the Ark is the most Valueted Structure that the Forerunners created only behind the Greater Ark, also the Prometeans like the Soldiers and Knights are stronger than Sentinels since they were created for Defense purposes by the Didact.

There are a ton of Characters that cant use their ratings on AP, see Noel Vermillion, but those are still on that Tier since they demostrated such feats, and what do you mean about range feat?, They generate power, nothing about Range, The Halo rings arent the most powerful structure, Instalation 00 and the Greater Ark are way more powerful, even their Ships are more useful, the Rings were created by one purpose: Life Swiping, they could destroyed the Galaxy but they are suposed to protect the Galaxy (Thanks to the Mantle of Responsabilitie), and the Didact is way stronger than City level, ni to mention that I mention their Ships no the Forerunners themselves.

It's not hatred, just looking for accuracy. Also, Fan is pretty much the most knowledgable person here regarding Halo.

Anyway, it's still a fact that most Halo weapons used in game are 9-A; and even the the sentinal beams have 8-B AP, the calcs of people getting hit by them is still a 9-A durability feat due to not taking the full blast. And well, I know Chief didn't get hit by the City Level Bomb; and it was a Large Building Level feat that the amount of force required to launch him was 5.38 tonnes. There is another thing, Spartans typically need a power up like the 10x overshield to even survive direct hits from 8-B weapons; Spartan lasers and grenades are consistently shown to obliterate multiple spartans in one hit in the games. And actually, Spartans generally need armor locks to even survive the impact of falling from orbit; or at least 2 kilometers.

And as for the Lancer Knights; I'm aware of some of their abilities. I know they got short range teleporters that require a 1 second recharge; so they might give a slight boost to reaction speed. But at the same time, I still don't see any AP or durability feats that make them any different from Spangheli or Jiralhanae; who both consistently rank at 9-A as Fan mentioned and seen on that same blog that had the 8-B Sentinials. Promethan Lancers have a massive weakness to plasma grenades and Gravity Hammers.

It's listed on the Forerunner profile, that their Multi-Universal rating does not apply to AP; the gather fuel sources from other universes, but it's not used for AP. It's also important to note that the Forerunners were originally destroyed by the Floods. The entire Flood species does possess a potiential Galaxy Level threat, but that's more infecting a galaxy rather than busting a galaxy with a massive explosion. Didact's best durability feat is still the Havok Tactical Nuke that nearly destroyed his body; but his memory lived on.

The Plasma Rifles, Pistols, etc are NOT 9-A. Those calcs are massive outliers, and came from a calc which also invovled Needlers which literally can blow the enemy in half. So it should be invalid. 9-B makes more sense IMO, with durability ignoring for energy shields or something due to their electric nature. Fuel Rod Guns however? Yes, they are consistently gigajoule level.

Keep in mind most Forerunner ships are made to ignore durability, and win battles by Suppressor spam and opening up Slipspace Portals within enemy ships to implode it. We should add that.

@Fan, oh alright. That makes sense; even other 9-A weapons such as RPG's haven been known to oneshot KO Spartans. But I think Calc stacking would be a more accurate term rather than outliers. And actually, it's probably important to note that Mjolneir's shields don't really protect them from Melee attacks; so that could also be added to their profiles.

And oh yeah, Slipspace bombs were those mountain level BFR bombs? Yeah, that does make sense. But I do think it may be important to remove the 2-A rating since that doesn't apply to AP; more like a range feat if anything.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
@Fan, oh alright. That makes sense; even other 9-A weapons such as RPG's haven been known to oneshot KO Spartans. But I think Calc stacking would be a more accurate term rather than outliers. And actually, it's probably important to note that Mjolneir's shields don't really protect them from Melee attacks; so that could also be added to their profiles.
And oh yeah, Slipspace bombs were those mountain level BFR bombs? Yeah, that does make sense. But I do think it may be important to remove the 2-A rating since that doesn't apply to AP; more like a range feat if anything.
There weapons are not merelt 7-A, as they have tons of tier 6 cannon feats, and use it to counter ships which can reach up to 100 kilometers.

The universal feat IDK, we allow Xeelee's 1-B rating, so we should allow this too.

I thought destroying continents was more like an overtime thing rather than a casual continent busting attack, and I thought multiple ships were generally to cover a planets surface. But I could be wrong about that.

2-A, which is listed on the Forerunner profile, is Muitiversal+; 3-A would be more universal. I don't know about Xeelee or how accurate that really is, but having a 2-A rating listed on the Forerunner's profile might confuse viewers into thinking it could be used for combat. I mean, Kid Buu is only 4-B as apposed to 3-C or 3-A because he only destroys one planet/star at a time; but scales to SPC. And he has Multi-Universal range due to Vice Shout and Instant Transmission; so I personally think the Forerunners ot Xeelee should have similar treatments to those.

Nope, there is a calc I did which would put Cruiser PDGs at petaton level for destabilizing the Halo Rings. Even the outdated PDGs used by Mantle's Approach was able to thoroughly vaporize 3 Pelicans which were spread over a decent distance, which should be a 6-C feat IIRC.

Alright, fair enough. And the 7-A rating was on Noble 6's profile; and oh wait, it said at least 7-A I think and that it does negate durability.

Is any staff member willing to help out with evaluating this?

Antvasima said:
Is any staff member willing to help out with evaluating this?
We should call up Filflourine, he and me are the most experienced with Halo, he might be more as he probably has read more books IIRC.

-DarkSchneiderKing

-The Golden Flash

-FanofRPGs

-Oblivion00

-Jaften

-Byakuya "Senbonzakura" Kuchiki

-Grimreaper2219

-FllFlourine

-Starkiller215

-Colonel Krukov

From this people who are still active on this wiki?

KarmodF said:
-DarkSchneiderKing
-The Golden Flash

-FanofRPGs

-Oblivion00

-Jaften

-Byakuya "Senbonzakura" Kuchiki

-Grimreaper2219

-FllFlourine

-Starkiller215

-Colonel Krukov

From this people who are still active on this wiki?
Darkschneiderking and The Golden Flash were from years before me. IDK about Grim Reaper. Oblivion00 literally dissapeared. I can contact Byakuya on discord, I have asked Fil already, and Starkiller/Krukov retired.

Are there any bullet on spartan shielding feats? That would be the final decider, as plasma rifles should be 9-B, and they are able to electricly negate the shielding or melt it away instead of using KE.

Byakuya "Senbonzakura" Kuchiki said:
For the spartan ones I think with the Invinciblity cloak it just deflects them off while the covenant ones just absorbs it.
I think in Halo 5 the Overshield works similar to the Covenant (Absorbs damage), but I gona give it a check for more info.

FanofRPGs said:
We should call up Filflourine, he and me are the most experienced with Halo, he might be more as he probably has read more books IIRC.
Not really, you've read more books than I have, I mostly just use Halopedia and various channels on YouTube (such as Halo Follower) for my information-on-Halo. As DarkDragonMedeus said, you're probably the most knowledgable person here regarding Halo.

As for bullet-vs.-spartan shields, afaik, the bullets used by human weapons range anywhere from 9-C (An example is the SMG, which takes a burst to remove a Spartan's shield) to 9-B (Weapons such as the Sniper Rifle, which can instantly remove the shield in a single hit ingame, and one hit a Spartan with a headshot)

As for some of the profiles, the Ur-Didact's caption on his image could be removed and put above his summary as a quote instead:

Time was your ally, human. But now it has abandoned you. The Forerunners have returned. This tomb... is now yours.
I think in Halo 5 the Overshield works similar to the Covenant (Absorbs damage), but I gona give it a check for more info.

According to Halopedia, the Overshield is Covenant technology, so it most likely works that way.

I have only read Cryptum which would help with Forerunners. I do have soem scans from other books however.

I have calced the yields for many weapons based off their muzzle velocity and bullets

Regarding the Spartan durability, we need to check the feats that various Spartan has so we can scale to them (Like noble Six, Chief and Blue Team and Red Team).

KarmodF said:
Regarding the Spartan durability, we need to check the feats that various Spartan has so we can scale to them (Like noble Six, Chief and Blue Team and Red Team).
Halo Reach is PIS central so IDK if they will have good or consistent feats. I need to check First Strike for Red/Blue Team most likely.

Halo Reach is PIS central so IDK if they will have good or consistent feats. I need to check First Strike for Red/Blue Team most likely.

Halo Reach is still Prime Canon (It was stated by Bungie that all Halo games are, this was said regarding the Fall of Reach Novel canon because Reach was close to launch), but It would be appreciated that you check the novels, I remember a calc. that put the Shield on 9-A to 8-C but I would search the link for a check, regarding other Spartans... Well I only remeber Jerome and Chief landing from space, I would read the Halo Wars 2 Phoenix Entries to see if they have something else.

@Fllflourine & FanofRPGs So, can you summarise what changes that you think should be applied?

I'd say it depends on the character; I believe Spartans and Spangheli would have about Room Level durability from like the Fuel rod calcs; same with the Jiralhanae. Marines would probably be Wall Level and Grunts would be Street Level via weapons and armor? I know Grunts are 10-C physically.

I'm guessing what you want changed for Thel Vadaam's profile is to set his name to The Arbiter (Thel 'Vadaam), to better fit with the other Arbiter (Ripa 'Moramee)

I cannot speak for Fan, but the edits I'll make will mostly be:

-Changing many of the images on Halo profiles to better suiting ones, and removing some unnecessary images, as well as adding sumaries to the ones that need them (Such as Gravemind), and a quote for the Gravemind, I will be using his most famous one: "I am a monument to all your sins.", as well as moving the relevant quote from Ur-Didact's caption over to a quote.

--Oh, and adding galleries to some of them.

-The Precursor's tier for their "Floodcursors" form should probably be adjusted to the same one as the Ancient Flood Keyminds (4-B to 3-C), and I feel their intelligence section is underselling them. It should be changed to:

Intelligence: Immense, they were the only civilization on the Forerunner Technological Advancement Scale to be ranked as "Transsentient", putting their technological prowess above that of the Forerunners and Ancient Humanity.

-Something small, but the fact that there's a "Technology" section, then theres a "Plasma Technology" one separate from it looks a bit irritating to be frank, that should be removed. Notable individuals should be expanded, of course.

I'll add more when I wake up in the morning/afternoon. The new profiles are less important than adjusting the existing ones imo, with the exception of splitting already existing pages (Sword of Sanghelios + Storm Covenant should be split, appears they're both grouped under "Covenant Remnant"), though some of the profiles-to-be-made obviously have more weight than others, such as Prophet of Regret.

Also, one more thing, there's a small, but notable inconsistency in the Forerunner and one of their war machines' profiles.

The Forerunners' profile has the War Sphinx as 7-B, but that unit's profile has it as 6-A, but given that it is capable of continental feats, I think 6-A is more accurate.

Hello, sorry, I was in bed.

Here is the calc in question, if were to be asked of 6-A forerunner cannons

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:FanofRPGs/Forerunner_Cruiser_Cannon_Yield

Though it needs more people accepting, but it will help with 6-A Forerunner weapons along with well, the Seekers being able to slice up continents and flip them over.

I made one calc from the Fuel Rod Gun, but I think I will redo it. There was another feat I also want to do where it vaporized some concrete.

You can politely ask the current calc group members to evaluate the blog post if you wish.

I guess I'll start editing the profiles that arean't locked, if it's alright to do so now.

That should be fine, yes. Do you need any profiles temporarily unlocked?

The Forerunners, Flood, and Precursors are the only profiles that need unlocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back