• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hamon abilities that should or not be added on the profiles

They didn't freeze the water in the cup. Hamon just solidifies it so that it doesn't splash everywhere once the cup is removed; the anime makes it clear it's more like jelly than ice.

It's like how Caeser's bubbles don't pop when they have hamon in it. They aren't being frozen.

Okay. Arigarmy might also be an idea.

Forcefield - Caesar is an 8-B fighter when he is incorporating hamon into his body. Coupled with the fact that he's literally using repelling hamon against the most conductive thing it can be used in, I think it's safe to say he does not create a forcefield, but rather can use his hamon to push against pressurized liquids.

Electricity - Narrator describes it like electricity, as in how it conducts its being and the state of matter it is in. It's clearly not electricity because it would leave people with severe burns, and we never really see anyone getting electrocuted by hamon.

Mind Control - It's on Jonathan's profile, it should be on Caesar's profile too, but other than that I'm iffy from giving it to anyone else since they haven't demonstrated the ability, part two was all about using it in unique ways to differentiate yourself, I don't think anyone else but Caesar should have it. That being said, they all should be able to copy it in theory, so I think it's cool if you add it but consider it OOC.

Longevity - I am cool with this.

Ice Manipulation - They didnt freeze it they just forced it to hold its shape like a solid.

Lord pretty much said everything already.

Longevity for only Lisa Lisa and Part 1 Hamon Masters makes the most sense though, Joseph wasn't really the best practitioner of it. Unsure about Caesar.

Joseph still had decent longevity.

The old hamon masters (Dire, straits, and whatever other groupies) were in their 50's/60's at the start of part two? They looked kind of old but they still had incredible physique and otherwise looked very good for their age.

I'd argue old Joseph is very much the same. He's in his mid 60's in part three, he's got one of the best physiques in that part and he doesn't look to be physically impaired very much.

I think it's kind of like Saiyans in DBZ. Once they hit a certain age, they really start to change a lot.

Part 3 Joseph was just lucky IMO. He said he hadn't used Hamon in that 50-year span from Part 2 to the one time he had to use it in Part 3. He had to actively use it to get its effects.

Well, we know you don't have to use hamon for years and it can still reside in your body.

Jonathan hadn't used hamon for 100 years when DIO took over his body. 100 years and there is still hamon flowing through a dead body's veins.

I don't think Joseph needs to use hamon within that 50 year span to obtain the benefits such as longevity. Furthermore I doubt he never used it once, seeing as how he unconciously using it before part two began. How do you change muscle memory?

Dude DIO would've been already dead if that was true.

Says it on the tin, if Joseph himself says he hadn't used it in 50 years and then used it from that point on against DIO, well there you go. He just hadn't used it in 50 years. If he did have longevity, it wouldn't be a lot of it considering he goes to mush at most a decade after.

It is true though, DIO explicitly states that's the reason he can't use his body to the fullest potential. There's trace amounts fo hamon in Jonathan which weakens him.

My point is his aging follows the same trend as the previous hamon masters we've seen in part 1 when they were reintroduced in part 2. They are in their 60's and they start to look old. Joseph is in his 60's and he starts to look old. It's why Tomuka mistook Jotaro for Joseph, because Joseph likely looked like Jotaro in his 50's, but started to quickly age in his 60s.

Sorry I had to do things for a bit.

I don't remember when he said Hamon was still in Jonathan's body, moreless that he just hadn't fully gotten used to the body itself yet. I think even a little Hamon would endanger DIO's very being, because you got Straizo who who breathed himself to death. If Joseph did get Longevity, it wouldn't be a lot of it is my point. But I guess it ca work, because he's still alive by the end of Part 6 if not barely.

Well, as long as you agree, I think that you can apply said agreed upon changes.

Back