• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Harmon should be Regenerationn Negation against undead beings since Hamon uses life energy rather than pure sunlight.

Hamon is identical to the energy from the sun. It's probably something to do with the ultraviolet spectrum in general because those types of lights are also effective against vampires in JoJo.

That being said not all undead beings are weak to sunlight and therefore are not weak to hamon. Zombies don't start turning into dust just because the sun rises, neither do other traditional undeads.

On the profiles of hamon users it already says "Regenerationn negation against opponents weak to sunlight" which is as specific as it can get, there's no need to generalize it with a blanket "undead" term that doesn't apply to 90% of them.

I mean I was agreeing on the basis that Hamon was life energy, not just because of the sunlight weakness. Will wouldn't have aged like a billion years and died if all he was doing was giving Jojo some sunny D. He was clearly coughing up life energy and I'm fairly sure it was outright stated at one point

Life energy = sunlight.

The logic of longevity and strength and whatnot comes from the whole "the sun is the source of strength/energy" cliche, it doesn't logically make sense why it can do the things it does.

If you're weak to sunlight you're weak to hamon and vice versa. Not all undead are weak to sunlight and therefore those who aren't should not be weak to hamon.

Yeah, and it is equivolent to life energy within Jojo. Araki may have started with it jut being raw sunlight, but it turned into also being life energy. The point is, if the undead are weak to life energy and sunlight and it negates their regen, then verse equilisation should take over.

Life energy = sunlight and vice versa. It didn't turn into being life energy, they are literally aspects of the same thing. Sunlight pours down life energy and hamon breathing is a technique used to generate it from the human body. They are equivalent, not separate.

Vampires are explicitly weak to sunlight because of said life energy within it. Hamon is the exact same as life energy so of course they're going to have their regen negated because of it.

Point is undead is a broad term. Just because zombies have a craving for brains doesn't mean "hurr durr verse equilization means every undead has a craving for brains!". Not all undead are weak to sunlight therefore not all undead are weak to hamon.

It only negates Regenerationn of those weak to sunlight.

Yeah... that's why Hamon should be able to negate the Regenerationn of the undead. Hamon is both life energy and solar energy, which by in verse rules negates the Regenerationn of undead.

Ye

Verse equalization cannot be used to give people powers that they do not naturally have, but it can apply your powers in places that it would not usually apply in other verses. Within JJBA, since sunlight and life energy are equivolent, and these things negate the Regenerationn in the undead, it should negate regen in other undead

It's only on the pages of hamon users who have demonstrated the technique, we can't give it to everyone just because they theoretically can use it. Same for other stand users not being able to manipulate their sizes yet Polnareff and Kakyoin can do so for SC and HG.

Being "hamon'd" isn't a status effect, being paralyzed or blazed or the sorts are. Hamon has shown it disipates rather quickly out of substances.

Does Jonathan ever actually use Mind Control? The only time I can think of is when he forced Wang Chan to destroy the ship they were on, but that seemed more like Puppeteering than Mind Control since he destroyed Wang Chan's head...

Iapitus The Impaler said:
Verse equalization cannot be used to give people powers that they do not naturally have, but it can apply your powers in places that it would not usually apply in other verses. Within JJBA, since sunlight and life energy are equivolent, and these things negate the Regenerationn in the undead, it should negate regen in other undead
I'm not sure that's how we apply Verse equalization. For example, with Pokemon we don't say fire attack from a Pokémon does more damage to a plant-based non-Pokémon unless this plant-based character explicitly does have weakness to fire.

I think that would fall more into the area of Water Manipulation since it was shown that after they finished, Joseph was able to prevent water from falling out of a cup. And they'd probably wouldn't be able to do it without the oil being there

ProfessorLord said:
Hamon is identical to the energy from the sun. It's probably something to do with the ultraviolet spectrum in general because those types of lights are also effective against vampires in JoJo.
That being said not all undead beings are weak to sunlight and therefore are not weak to hamon. Zombies don't start turning into dust just because the sun rises, neither do other traditional undeads.

On the profiles of hamon users it already says "Regenerationn negation against opponents weak to sunlight" which is as specific as it can get, there's no need to generalize it with a blanket "undead" term that doesn't apply to 90% of them.
Back to the topic of this, zombies in Jojo are indeed not affected by sunlight, but hamon kills the easily (then again, they don't regenarate, so there's that) there were in fact vampires that Joesph faced in the end of Part II that were more resistant to Hamon than any zombie.

Just something to think about.

He was called a vampire by an inexperienced Polnareff but that's all, he definitely does not know the difference between a zombie and a vampire unlike Joseph.

But nowhere have we learned that recieving blood from someone makes you a vampire.

Also, recieving blood and having DIO drain you of blood both have exchange of blood in common, I think that's ultimately the trigger for turning someone into a zombie.

Vampires don't need blood to regenerate, it just speeds up the process.

I don't believe zombies regenerate like vampires do.

ProfessorLord said:
Vampires don't need blood to regenerate, it just speeds up the process.
I don't believe zombies regenerate like vampires do.
I haven't seen a zombie regenerate either.

But Vanilla Ice listed in his profile as a vampire.

Back