• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hax addition for for Natsu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dragonmasterxyz said:
Yes and? Are you saying a character cannot develop a new ability in one chapter? If Goku suddenly could attack the soul, we would accept it. If Luffy suddenly could attack the soul, we would accept it. Why can we not accept it here?
i agree not everything can be call PIS/nakama power

Kaltias said:
Everyone has soul hax weakness unless they are shown to be resistant...
Its true, but its a little idiot for the history too. Zeref was looking for a way to die to years, but if he have that weakness tonsaul hax he just need to fight against someone with that habilitie. Hiro made a lot of mistakes in that series...

I agree that we should leave it until the next chapter to see whether is is hyperbole or actually soul damage.

I don't think it is fair to call everything PIS though.

I don't know whether it's good enough to be added, but Natsu burning Zeref's soul is indeed a valid feat. Not sure if it's durability negation however, since it only nullified Zeref's spirit form.

@OP: Natsu didn't destroy any soul, Zeref is still alive. And Zeref wasn't using any time attack when Natsu punched him

FT universe is a magical universe with different sets of laws, duh.

Flames don't typically burn magic, in the literal sense, but potent flames like Natsu's can have such properties. it enables him to also resist strange powers—recall Zero.

Numerous times had Hiro pointed out that Natsu's flames are empowered by emotion also.

With the two properties Natsu's flames has in mind, it's technically reasonable (FT logic & reason) that a flame, empowered by emotion, potent enough to resist and burn magic would burn space & time magic as it's still just magic.

Equalisation in verses match would be a difficult thing to grasp, but a feat is a feat. He was also burning Zeref's soul, when the likes of Franmalth soul magic couldn't do diddly squat to Zeref so Natsu's flame is more potent that Franmalth's soul power and probably Larcade's own as well as Zeref was able to put up a resistance against Larcade's soul powee in spite already having sex with Mavis.

Screaming PIS or Power of Friendship (this is probably a legitimate power in the FT universe as Lucy already pointed out that heart/love magic is the strongest magical force) every time you see something that didn't make sense doesn't negate the feat. It happend, it's a feat.

I agree with time stop and time manipulation resistance, and with adding the soul burning ability.

Natsu also oneshotted White Zeref, this means we should upgrade him to White Zeref stats or remove the possibly higher from his page.

An upgrade to Natsu's statistics also seems fine.

Soul burning abilty? Pretty sure my explanation was clear enough that was just a hyperbole reffered to fairy heart being burned which simply became part of him... Or did I not understand what that soul burning abilty would be stands for.

"Soul burning abilty? Pretty sure my explanation was clear enough that was just a hyperbole reffered to fairy heart being burned which simply became part of him"

It wouldn't be hyperbole. You even stated that Fairy Heart became part of his "soul". So technically he performed a "Soul Burning". The fact that he hit Fairy Heart directly is worth something. This is also assuming that's the explanation of course.

"Or did I not understand what that soul burning abilty would be stands for."

That would simply be a form of Durability Negation. Not actual Soul Manipulation if that's what you are worrying about.

I don't think it's durability negation, either. I've been told that Guts being able to attack the soul doesn't mean he can ignore durability.

This is just plot, like more than half of FT...

Natsu "burning time" is just Nakama Power, just with the speech of the power of the guild you can see it. Natsu only has time stop resistence in his END form (for his battle with Dimaria), nothing more.

> Natsu only has time stop resistence in his END form (for his battle with Dimaria), nothing more.

and this is Off-Panel...

i dont see how realy Natsu have soulfuck or time-resist/negation if is not in a special PU/force/status or Plot.

First off there have been zero distinguishing factors made between Natsu's regular flames and his flames as END so I struggle to see why there is so much focus on this particular point Secondly this "off-panel" battle gives us clear info straight from Dimaria that Natsu stomped her while timestop was active all that wasn't stated was the how he was able to do this. And a few chapters later we get a statement of Natsu "burning time". I will repeat myself from earlier- while this statement could simply be hyperbole and mean nothing, evidence does suggest it has some credibility, we've seen Natsu burn magic b4 and we know that he was able to burn through Zeroes spell that based from its description seems to be some sort of void manipulation. So can we make a decision based on the past actions and feats of his flames instead of quickly jumping to writing it off because of its poor introduction and explanation

"I don't think it's durability negation, either. I've been told that Guts being able to attack the soul doesn't mean he can ignore durability."

Attacking the soul directly=Durability Negation.

"Also, "my own soul is on fire" I'm not even sure if Zeref is saying it or is part of Natsu speech."

I mean it does cut to Zeref when that is said. We'll see.

"
dont see how realy Natsu have soulfuck or time-resist/negation if is not in a special PU/force/status or Plot."

So I guess whenever a FT character would possibly get a new ability or resistance, it automatically is PIS.

"
This is just plot, like more than half of FT..."

Hasty and/or Sweeping Generalization.

Apologies I made an error in my previous post; Zero wasn't using void manipulation, he was using "darkness magic" where he summons ghouls to trap and erase the existence of his enemies along with their souls; and Natsu still managed to burn through that

"Also, "my own soul is on fire" I'm not even sure if Zeref is saying it or is part of Natsu speech."

Page 11 second panel also cuts to Jellal but that's obviously not him speaking

Bepo4151 said:

Page 11 second panel also cuts to Jellal but that's obviously not him speaking
Did you not read the part when I said we'll see? I know cutting to a character is not enough evidence.....But there's also nothing saying it was not Zeref at this time.

Extreme123dz said:
i dont see how realy Natsu have soulfuck or time-resist/negation if is not in a special PU/force/status or Plot.
The Time Stop resistence is an ability he gained in his END Form. Sure, the battle was offpanel but Dimaria herself said that Natsu could move during the Time Stop. Considering that the feat was with END form, i think it could be consider legit (but just with that form).

Now, the soulfuck for "burning" Zeref Soul is plot, like Natsu "burning" time. Im surprised that there are people that still cant recognise Nakama Power and plot in FT. I mean, Natsu gave the ******* nakama power speech. That was obviously plot...

Well, Natsu always does the nakama speeches. So should we say that his Fire Dragon King Moves are also plot? Because Natsu did a speech when using it..

> So I guess whenever a FT character would possibly get a new ability or resistance, it automatically is PIS.

Natsu DF with FDKM vaporized Zeref and he came back like nothing. Later base Natsu gave his Nakama Power speech and suddenly is able to "burn" time and "burn" his soul. The plot is obvious.

@Dragonmasterxyz

There was a thread for Guts on whether he could negate Regenerationn with his Dragonslayer and the topic of whether he could negate durability came up and it was said that he couldn't. Ant was there and he even asked if we should add a note to Guts' page specifying that he could just target and attack souls with no mention of durability negation. When I brought up durability negation for Guts in a versus thread, I was immediately reminded of the thread where it had already been discussed.

Siegfried10 said:
> So I guess whenever a FT character would possibly get a new ability or resistance, it automatically is PIS.
Natsu DF with FDKM vaporized Zeref and he came back like nothing. Later base Natsu gave his Nakama Power speech and suddenly is able to "burn" time and "burn" his soul. The plot is obvious.
The thing is, Natsu used such a powerful fire move, that his own arm got burned, despite his great fire resistance(He managed to negate august's "Melt" attack which was huge).

Was this attack convenient? Yes. Has it been explained how he did it? No, not yet. But did it happen? Yes.

And since Natsu managed to defeat FH Zeref and "burn through time", I doubt it's PIS. However we should still wait, maybe it will be adressed next chapter. Cause a move that managed to burn natsu himself can't be PIS.

If you attack the soul directly, it is durability negation. There's a reason why striking the soul usually leads to many victories for lower tier characters. Guts is just one character out of multiple.

"Natsu DF with FDKM vaporized Zeref and he came back like nothing. Later base Natsu gave his Nakama Power speech and suddenly is able to "burn" time and "burn" his soul. The plot is obvious."

That isn't an argument. Just because it is plot=/=PIS. We cannot discredit an ability just because it randomly happened. We cannot discredit an ability because of terrible writing,

i hope this will not turn in "only staff threath" whit some special people to "upgrade" natsu and some other from FT...

plz, wait until the next Chapters, and yes, this last 2 chapter is ovbuisly Plot/PIS, other time the cast dont see these abilities, but "magicaly" in a "climax" can do "anithing" becausi "its magic, i ain't gotta explain ....".

for me, it not Durability negation, soulfuck (in less degree) or time resist at the moment, not hate because there are some good feat but, plz...

Okay. I don't know myself so you'll have to convince the others. I'm just repeating what I was told after all. If this goes through, it should be accepted for Guts too.

Soul is reffered to fairy heart which became part of his being now if you wish to consider that as his soul I guess that is fine since it was what Hiro wanted us to understand. But I don't want this to be something like destroying the soul simple damaging it.

And no this is not pis.

I wouldn't be Soul Destruction. It would simply be attacking the soul to deal much more damage than normal and also allowing him to hurt stronger opponents. Nothing more. Assuming that's what it is. For all we know Zeref might say my soul is dying or something next chapter.

Burning Full Fingers said:
Okay. I don't know myself so you'll have to convince the others. I'm just repeating what I was told after all. If this goes through, it should be accepted for Guts too.
Not really. There is a difference between being able to actually hit a soul and striking the soul from the physical body.

Anyway, should Zeref have '6-B with Etherion' on his page like Mavis? I know it won't scale to his durability though.

@Dragon

Guts' page says 'Can attack the soul' instead of 'Can attack souls'. Isn't it similar to Natsu's case in that sense?

If Natsu indeed burned Zeref's soul then it would be Durability Negation, just not a one-hit kill. He'd just be able to do more damage to foes, similar to Guts. If it says he can attack the soul it depends on what they mean. Judge by this...

Is he like Dobermo who not only strike the body, but the soul as well?

Can he only strike soul when it is outside the physical body?

Can he strike the soul even when said soul is still in the physical body?

I think it better to wait

Nastu probably gonna fight Acnologia soon in the next chapters(becuse there is more than 10 left and there is no way Hiro going to conclude this story in 10 whole chapters) so if Nastu use the soul-destruction ability again so this is indeed a new hax for Nastu,if not so it is simply PIS

Not sure how Guts' brand of attacking the soul works but I was told the Dragonslayer can wound the soul like Slan's attacks which wounded Guts' soul when she cut him through the chest and the wound was unable to heal permanently and kept reopening even when it was given conventional treatment by Guts' group and magical treatment by a powerful magician. I was even like 'I would have thought something that targets the soul ignores durability'.

Anyways, yeah we should wait for further information.

I think that Dragonmasterxyz seems to make sense, but I suppose that it does not hurt to wait for a bit.

Natsu's statistics should probably be upgraded to Zeref's level though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back