• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Help needed with renaming the DC Comics profile pages

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Hello.

We have a bit of a problem.

Almost all of our DC Comics character profiles most likely refer to the Post-Crisis incarnations, unless explicitly stated othervise (Or, in the case of the Anti-Monitor and Superboy Prime, it is intended to be the same character in 2 different continuities).

However, they are generally not properly named as such, which causes confusion for our visitors and members/editors.

I would like to request help with renaming the pages. I have already done some work in this regard, but do not have the time and energy to handle all of them on top of all my regular work.

If you are willing to help out, just rename them like this: "<Character Name> (Post-Crisis)"

In case you are uncertain about if a certain character is Post-Crisis or Post-Flashpoint, you can mention it in the thread below.

Vertigo character pages should obviously not be renamed.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I'm doing some editing, but it's worth noting that some pages have completely Unknown Stats across the board, and / or have Post-Crisis and Post-Flashpoint as Keys.

You can list those pages within this thread. Then we can evaluate what to do with them case-by-case.

If you find pages that are clearly Pre-Crisis, or Post-Flashpoint, but not mentioned as such, you can mention them here first.

The Post-Crisis characters are the versions originating in the era between 1985 and 2011. Post-Flashpoint are from 2011 and forward.

Pre-Crisis are before 1985.

You should preferably link to all such characters here though.

I meant that if you encounter profiles that you are uncertain about, just write down the links to the profiles in this thread.

There are multiple profiles with characters from Post Crisis and Post Flashpoint so i don't know what to do with them.

Unfortunately i'll have to stop now, i may contineu later if anything is left.

Okay. Thank you for the help.

What about characters that only appeared in Post-Crisis?

For example, Cythonna has only appeared in Post-Crisis and hasn't reappeared since as she was a one-shot villain. Was it really necessary to rename her profile?

It may be best anyway, in case new readers do not know who the character is.

Back