• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I don't know what you mean by that power null.

Hero's first move depends on his opponent's typing. If he does not know, he'll cycle through a variety of magical, ranged and melee weapons, spells too. His first move is player made, and highly dependant.

He has Elderseal, a power null that likely works on 5-As like Fatalis. And it's passive. Hunter is..... Also like that but the best bet is the Dragon Element, which also works on 5-As. And it negate durability.

Dragon Element is not an elemental typing. It's the ones in elemental manipulation.

I googled Elderseal:

Elderseal will prevent certain monsters from using their special aura abilities as often. Elderseal affects the following monsters, all of which are Elder Dragons

How is that effective against Hero? How would it affect his technological weapons such as DANCER , which removes the armor from opponents?

It can be resisted, but only of opponents of superior strength, otherwise there is very little chance for Hunter to resist having his armor blowed off as it literally says:

The cannon blows away some of your opponent's armour!

Then he loses whatever elemental resistance or immunities he gains from the armor and equipment he is using, allowing Hero to use other spells from a distance.

It's not just Aura, it's because of the gameplay. Vaal Hazak uses virus, and it's still either nulled or heavily nerfed by Elderseal. EDs uses Dragon Element to remove special abilities in the Hunters' weapons, which includes Dragon Element itself. And Dragon is not part of the normal elements, let me tell you. It attacks mind, dependent on the intelligence, the roots of the "element" is likely mystical.

How does that affect technological weaponry though?

If it only has affected the biological then it's a NLF if you say it power nulls everything. Technological attacks and spells are still viable for Hero.

Except Hunter's weapons' abilities are mechanical? They don't have a flame sacs like Monsters do. Chameleos is also famous for removing equipments albeit with stealing and has skill specifically for them.

No, because why would they use it on each other but it likely will. They get disabled by Dragonblight and Elderseal is just passive Dragonblight in a nutshell.

Yeah, no. It has only demonstrated it's disabling propeties on the biological, not the actual weapons. Preventing a hunter from using their weapon =/= disabling the weapon.

That being said, spells in Adventure Quest are a learned thought process. You read a scroll and you have the ability to use said spell on a whim. It's used through thought alone, but varies on how it's executed due to the variety. Hero may not be able to physically attack him but he should be able to cast spells such as DANCER just fine. He can use spells to summon a variety of 6-C fighters as well, including Galanoth who wields the Dragonblade, extremely poisonous to dragon-kin (if the hunters really are dragons like you had described)

Either way, Hero is too versatile for elderseal to stop him alone. He still has hundreds of spells and allies to summon on a whim.

It has the same property as Dragonblight, and Dragonblight negated properties of the weapons. It's simple. Elderseal is just usage of Dragon Element. Dangerous First-Class Monsters like Fatalis, Alatreo, Dire Miralis and Merphistopheli's abilities are inherently magical or mystical in nature, just look at Fatalis profile, he has way better abilities than ordinary monsters do, Dragonblight still worked to these people. Also again, Dragon Element is inherently mystical. Also Hunter has skill that makes his dodges lot faster and automatically weakens the opponent's attacks. Hunters weapons lost their properties, needing Nulberries to nullify it.

Not trying to be rude, but I just looked at every single link and do not see any mention of magic, only biological processes. There is nothing stated that implies them to be magical. Storing lava in your stomach is feasibly biological, not magical.

Mystical? Sure, but that is not a synonym for magical. Mystical =/= Magical

So it should not disable mana , which all magic is made up of within AQ. It's been consistently described as a reality altering element.

No, there's a tag saying it may or may not be canon. Not a good start.

Furthermore I scanned through and I don't see any mention of magic, nor does any research of my own make any reference to magic in relation to MH. Only discussion threads asking to add magic spells or if they are indeed magical (spoiler, it never says there are)

I still checked the ecology and regardless, I see things like "energy core in chest" and "released magma" but nothing ever about mana or magic.

It takes too much of a stretch to say that they are magic, especially since the verse consistently has monsters firebreath, electricity, acid and other elemental forces consistently explained through NATURAL and BIOLOGICAL processes. Even if we were to wank and grant the Elder Dragons the ability of magic (which I will not) then I am inclined to say the reason it disables them is because of gameplay mechanics, and not having the ability to disable magic.

Furthermore if it can only be implied through physical contact, Hunter is going to have a tough time getting through the hundreds of shields that Hero has available. He can also summon a clone of himself in battle, so now Hunter has to fight two 6-C Hero's.

Dragon Element is not natural or biological. They don't have Dragon Sacs. It's mystical. And again, verse equalization. And gameplay mechanics? No? Elderseal is canon.

Dragon Element is unexplained and unknown. That doesn't make it magical. Please go visit the verse equilization page because I fail to see how it is relevant, Dragon Element is not similar enough in mechanics to mana or magic in Adventure Quest to warrant an equilization.

Dragon Element even works biologically in nature according to its page:

Pure Dragon energy will directly attack the mind of whatever creature is affected by it, and the more sentient and intelligent the creature, the more harm the Dragon Element will cause them.

And on the page there is no "Magic" listed under powers and abilities.

Ambient Energy and Chakra isn't similar. At all. Yet in the Kaguya vs Beast discussion it's considered that Ambient Energy = Chakra. It's basically that one verse's power system = other verse's power system. Goetia vs Ahriman is one of the example, Magecraft = Psychic power even if those things aren't similar at all.

I shouldn't have to but I will just move on and concede.

How will the Hunter actually apply Elderseal to Hero when a shield is an integral part of his equipment? Not even shield, but armor too, some of which are literally tanks .

(I don't know how strong Hunter but I assume they are both at least baseline, right?)

Hunter scales at 15+ gigaton feat by Oroshi Kirin I think. Hunter applies Elderseal by getting closer. The closer he is, more nerfs at least that's what I think. Hero has 100+ meters away and Elderseal is ineffective. Time stop is pain but Hunter is always with his palicoes who are scaled to his stats.

The Elderseal is a mechanic that is used to reduce the buildup of an elder dragon's enraged attack. The higher the Elderseal rating of a weapon, the more effective it will be against the elder dragon, but only in relation to that one specific attack.

There are currently seven elder dragons in Monster Hunter: World, but three are immune to the Elderseal mechanic. Zorah Magdaros, Nergigante, and Xeno'jiiva couldn't care less about the Elderseal.

So it only works on Elder Dragon's? Furthermore, not even 100% of them? This is some high tier wank you have going on. I googled it and Dragonblight only stops elemental properties, it doesn't prevent the player from using any attacks or any shit like that. I haven't seen a source implying Dragonblight = Elderseal either.

I also need a source on that 100 meter range thing. I need sources in general because you're telling me one thing and Google is telling me another.

Nergigante is affected. His Regenerationn did. Where did that come from? And those two were special cases Zorah is because of the gameplay and Xeno is because he has no ability to be nulled. I forgot that not every ability will be nullified. And Elderseal only affecting EDs is because all EDs are too smart to not be affected. The less knowledge, less the damage. Those elemental properties includes Dragon Element, and MH treats Dragon like normal elements. It's obviously not though. Attacks it means purely physical, you don't need elements to attack in MH. You just pound it unlike magic where you need mystic abilities.

100 meters came from Bambu, who calced the entire New World and Coral Highlands. Ask him about it.

It came from some gameplay site so it may not be accurate in a constantly updated game.

Anyways you said it yourself, it will not null every ability just one specific trait about the Hero which we can't really know. If by trait it means stat, such as STR DEX CHR etc, then Hero will be fine since he can be played as both a wizard, rogue or warrior, the three main fighting types.

He still has a variety of armors, can stop time, can summon at least 40 different friends all with different weird manipulations and powers, can create a clone of himself and revert damage inflicted on him and his opponent via a spell, allowing him to play it risky and study the Hunter's equipment and pattern.

Hero is far far far too versatile compared to the Hunter, and can change his armor and abilities in the middle of combat, unlike Hunter.

Hmm, I think sheer versatility of Hero's gonna defeat the Hunter. It's not stomp, if Hunter gets close, Hero's dead, Hunter has way better combat experience and various passive debuffs. I vote Hero.

Hero can stop time on a whim, so getting hit is a non-issue for the most part.

I wouldn't say it's a stomp because Hunter should be stronger by a lot, but Hero just has a shit ton of borderline unfair hax to really go up against.

No but it likely won't matter considering it's pretty advantageous to have as many allies as you helping both in Adventure Quest, and in this fight.

He'd probably have 3 or so friends with comparable AP and different hax. It's on a list of spells that he has a link to on his profile. He has a clone of himself too, so the palicoe needs to hit the right one which is kind of tricky.

If he does get in any danger he reverses time with a spell, Purple Rain, which causes both him and his opponent to go back in time, presumably with knowledge seeing as how you are able to alter your course of actions differently after each use.

Palicoes can sense which Jaggis he needs to attack even if they are usually very identical. It's nothing new actually. Not to mention there's scoutflies.

Back