• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 1-C The Good Place (Again)

Over the holidays, I got into The Good Place (Sidenote: Amazing show. Can't recommend it enough.), and began looking through the threads here on the show.

I found a thread where they were attempted upgraded to 10D, due to IHOP having gotten a tenth dimension, but weren't, because there wasn't evidence to suggest that dimensions are infinitely superior to one another.

I also saw a post by ZacharyGrossman273, that included the following: "Janet's realm is on the same level as the IHOP, but the bad place isn't", which made me think: "So, Janet's realm is 10D." But how does that change anything?

Simple: Janet's realm is infinite, and Janet has absolute control over it (according to her profile). And while it can be argued that, at the finite level, 10D isn't infinitely superior to 9D, the same cannot be argued at the infinite level. Per definition, you need an infinite "stack" of infinite 9D object to fill out an infinite 10D space.

Am I onto something, or am I pulling a Chidi and overthinking?

In case of the former, I think at least Janet and Gen should scale.

Following.

I have yet to watch the newest season, so I can't fully help, but I'll rewatch the season 3 stuff regarding the matter once more I reckon

Thanks for following, and helping with the research.

Bonus points if we can get Michael to scale.

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
Wait did I say janets realm is on the same level?
I probably meant Gen's

Janets realm is infinite tho
Well, that's a shame. Gen's realm being 10D won't grant an upgrade. Has to be Janet's, due to the infinite size.

Even if it was Janet's realm, it being infinite doesn't mean that the 10 dimensions are as well. The same way string theory proposes dimensions that are planck length.

Ogbunabali said:
Even if it was Janet's realm, it being infinite doesn't mean that the 10 dimensions are as well. The same way string theory proposes dimensions that are planck length.
If it was Janet's realm, and IHOP is 10D, then Janet's realm is also 10D. It would not make much sense to assume that only some of them were infinite, after the void had been declared infinite.

Occam's Razor, you know.

Well that's not how it works. You would need to prove the dimensions are infinite also.

Ogbunabali said:
Well that's not how it works. You would need to prove the dimensions are infinite also.
That would have happened by proxy, if Janet's void was 10D, due to it repeatedly having been defined as infinite, boundless, ect.

In other words, Janet's void = Infinity. If Janet's void is 10D, Janet's void is a 10D structure of infinite size, which is one degree of infinity larger than a 9D structure of infinite size, which is one degree of infinity larger than an 8D structure of infinite size, and so on, and so forth.

The realm being infinite doesn't mean that the dimensions are infinite as well.

This is exactly the same reason why the tiering revisions happened. Otherwise every single verse that mentions dimensions would get a higher tier, because the universe is universal in size. Which isn't how things work anymore.

A universe having higher dimensions != those higher dimensions are universe sized as well. Case in point, string theory with compact dimensions.

While I cannot prove definitively that the dimensions are infinite, I can prove definitively that they are not compact like in String Theory, simply because Michael declared that his (in three dimensions) clean office was very messy, and brushed objects off of his chair and table in higher dimensions, and also can see in 10 dimensions. Compact dimensions do not allow for either of these things.

Yes, but if there is no context given, or if the dimensions are vague as hell, a chair isn't enough for a dimension to be considered of an non insignificant size (at least universe sized).

It is. But it is also clear enough that it is a size that can be interacted with, that it'd make more sense for an object in 10 dimensions with infinite size to be infinite size in 10 dimensions than to be infinite size in three dimensions (otherwise Janet would very likely have specified that it is only boundless in n dimensions, programmed for accurate information as she is).

Look, I'm not gonna continue going back and forth on this. I'm just explaining this wiki's standards. If you don't like it, I'd suggest you make a CRT about changing how dimensions are treated. Don't know what else to tell you.

Trust me, I would LOVE to make a CRT to get the tiering system changed, but for completely different reasons. Specifically, that you can measure 1-A with cardinals, which makes a bit less than zero sense. You can't measure the dimensionality of something that transcends dimensionality. There's no more directions to measure with cardinals.

But I choose not to, due to how much time, trouble, headache, ect. there would be for everyone involved, regardless if I am successful or not.

Well we can measure 1-A with cardinals because hausdorff dimension cap out at aleph-1 (Low 1-A). While 1-A starts with aleph-2 and goes up to aleph-omega.

But that's derailment, I'll unsubscribe from this thread now. It went way off course.

I think the problem here is that it's impossible to put good place on a higher level like 1-C, because now we don't just have a 10D structure or destroy it to be 1-C (like in the old tiering system), we need an infinite multiverse with 10D structure to be 1-C.

About being higher dimensions or not, they are superior and that's enough. In string theory are only small dots in space, but are not hyper-spaces, by otherside in good place, which show noticeably which an 10YD axis is larger/higher than 9YD or any lower axis.

Tenth dimension michael
Michael tenth dimension

Actually, after taking a walk, I have found out that, while Janet's void may or may not be 10D, it must be infinite in every dimension it exists in. The reason: Janet (especially Season 1 Janet, who made the boundless void statement) is incompatible with anything that isn't objective truth.

If the void was 10D, and infinite in 5 of them (just as an example), I wouldn't have considered it true to call it boundless, 'cause there's boundaries in 5 dimensions. Just that demotes the statement from objective to subjective truth. In other words, Janet would have specified any dimension her void exists in, that it isn't infinite in size in.

Thus, it must be either infinite 3D, infinite 4D, infinite 9D, or infinite 10D.

Alonik said:
Mind rewording that? I kinda don't get what you mean.

What I meant is that in Good Place dimensions are treated as higher and larger (hyper-space) than the previous dimension, different from string theory that 7 dimensions beyond 4D are the size of an atomic nucleus.

Back