• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 4-B?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaChi2

VS Battles
Retired
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...ll_Z:_Cell_gets_out_of_Baseline?useskin=oasis

4-B = destroying the SS from an explosion generated in its center, right?

High 4-B = Destroying the SS with an explosion from the periphery (i.e Pluto)? Given that destroying the Sun from an explosion in the Earth yields results much higher than baseline 4-B, maybe this way we can split 4-B into 2 categories because the gap from Baseline 4-B to high end 4-B is very wide. I dont know if we can apply this to 3-C, though.

Thoughts?

NOTE: STAFF ONLY

Seems both unnecessary and an arbitrary distinction that a lot of people won't understand.

If we were to use destruction from the periphery, I imagine it would be something more like Neptune, since that's what we use for the edge of our Solar System level as of now.

1. I agree with Prom that it isn't really worth adding a new category.

2. I hope we don't use a noncanon video game to scale canon Cell from.

What would we even call the tier?

Ryukama said:
1. I agree with Prom that it isn't really worth adding a new category.

2. I hope we don't use a noncanon video game to scale canon Cell from.
It's not that, Ryu. Canon Cell would have destroyed the solar system from Earth, as unless he directly aimed for and destroyed the Sun first (which he didn't), he wouldn't be able to destroy the solar system completely since the Sun would still remain.

Edit: I think I explain why this is an issue (kinda?) more in-depth in my thread.

If it's only calculating the energy needed to destroy the solar system from earth then sure.

"Canon Cell would have destroyed the solar system from Earth"

Assumption. Him firing a blast at Gohan while saying he can blow up the solar system isn't enough proof to accept this assumption either.

Ryukama said:
If it's only calculating the energy needed to destroy the solar system from earth then sure.
This high 4-B tier just occurred me because destroying the SS from any point that wasnt the center yielded results much higher than our current baseline.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
"Canon Cell would have destroyed the solar system from Earth"

Assumption. Him firing a blast at Gohan while saying he can blow up the solar system isn't enough proof to accept this assumption either.
How else would he destroy the solar system, if not from destroying the Earth and creating a blast that destroys it?

I originally wanted to downgrade him but I can't think of a way around this.

Ryukama said:
It is. The Sun is the most durable body in the solar system BY FAR. Destroy it from Earth and you can destroy the rest.

Splitting such a big tier 44x in is kinda weird. If anything I'd go with Assaltwaffle's suggestion on the other thread, to raise the baseline, but that would just cause weirdness for the characters who can destroy it starting with the sun, so I guess I'm just saying there shouldn't be any change to the tier.

Promestein said:
Splitting such a big tier 44x in is kinda weird. If anything I'd go with Assaltwaffle's suggestion on the other thread, to raise the baseline, but that would just cause weirdness for the characters who can destroy it starting with the sun, so I guess I'm just saying there shouldn't be any change to the tier.
I mean, my proposition isnt destroying the Sun from the Earth, but from the farthest point in our SS (Pluto?).

Considering that this is an enormous tier between the lower and upper borders, I also definitely do not think that we should arbitrarily split it very early.

We also already have Solar System level+ for characters that are close to Multi-Solar System level, although that would obviously be extremely rare to apply.

To be entirely honest? A "large" solar system bust would probably consist of like, the edge of the Oort cloud, if it were to be anything... that's like, what, 50000 AU away? High 4-B wouldn't exactly be a very large tier I don't think, but it would at least fill more of a niche if one were to make such a thing.

I also suppose one would have to find some astronomical object to place out there, for the purposes of this calculation...

I'm kinda curious now, I want to try to calc it just to see what it might look like.

There's no need to have 2 highlighted discussions on this. I'm sorry but I'm going to close this and encourage people to discuss this further in Assalt's thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back