• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High Godly Regenerationn Character Specific Question

I was told to make a thread about this just to be sure.

So soon I'll be making Red Dwarf profiles- however I am unsure about one character in particular's powers. The episode in question is here [[1]], at the beginning this character is stated to have survived the end of time, eternity and the universe- likely via being "self repairing". It is also impossible for him to have tanked it as he was hurt by the main characters' regular weaponry, this being a laser chainsaw thing- via scaling at best this weaponry is 9-A. He also is 3 dimensional, and as High Godly is characterised by the complete destruction of the targets being and the dimensional plane of which they are present, this seems to fit- maybe even exceeding slightly in that the universe is characterised as 4th dimensional in this universe (although I don't see the pint in providing scans as it says the end of time and the universe anyway).

This is also important for the character as he has a causality manipulating weapon which was able to erase him at the end of the episode, and if this was the case then it would scale higher than his Regenerationn (fairly obviously)

High Godly was supposed to be revised ree

High Godly requires the complete destruction of all of what is ultimately you.

The universe being destroyed isn't enough, since you need things like your energy or soul destroyed as well. Assuming we give anything based on that (I wouldn't, personally, without the verse expanding on it or giving more context), at best this would be Low Godly.

Ah, I didn't know about it undergoing revisions. In terms of needing the soul or some non physical aspect to be destroyed, the character is literally a robot, and it is frequently referenced in red dwarf that there is no such thing as a soul, only the physical form (some of the most human characters in the show are artificially created)

Also I thought the high godly revisions involved it being about being destroyed entirely with the dimensional space you occupy

The High Godly revisions were supposed to remove the "universe" part of it and replace it with being erased on a conceptual level.

Either way, this is still at best just Low Godly.

fecking concepts, also this means the good place Regenerationn can't be upgraded with other parties having access to Regenerationn negation, sad I mean, given the current idea of having the dimensional plane you are present destroyed and the entirety of yourself this seems applicable- also I fail to see how regenerating from having the literal concept of time destroyed doesn't count here (I expect I'm wrong but it would be useful to have this explained to me)

It isn't, because it needs destruction of something they don't have. High-Godly is still regenerating say, your soul. The robot doesn't have a soul. Thus they can't regenerate it.

Is it possible for a souless character to have High-Godly, or nah?

Because you can still get Mid Godly even if you doesnt have a soul (regenerating from your concept)

But what about High Godly?

Mid-Godly is currently regenerating from anything that is you. Right now conceptual stuff is sorta lumped in with this begrudgingly AFAIK.

High-Godly is just that, but with your universe (house) grouped in with you. Since this has no implication of anything but physical destruction, then I wouldn't call it High-Godly.

But it only involves the destruction of the entirety of your existence, the robot exists and has a functional consciousness.

High-Godly: The ability to regenerate even after the totality of your existence is erased, alongside the reality that you are present within that exists up to your own dimensional level.

He has an existence that can be erased, similarly was his dimension erased. He perfectly well has a him that can be erased.

Although I suppose he does have a concept, and that wasn't erased so sure.

Although I still have questions about other abilities. Firstly what powers would he get from not only regenerating from the end of all time and eternity but also living with none of it for a significant portion of time? Also if he can survive the end of all time, this possibly indicates the end of the space time multiverse, which in red dwarf uses the multiple universes interpretation. So how strong would his causality manipulation be if it can bypass Regenerationn that can regenerate from the above?

@Mr. Bambu

Thank you for helping out. Somebody probably needs to start a new revision for our Regenerationn ratings.

Back