• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High-Godly Regenerationn for Frisk?

KingPin0422

Derp Idol
Joke Battles
Retired
I want to bring up this topic because I noticed some things about the Asriel Dreemurr fight that I think could upgrade Frisk's Regenerationn.

Firstly, either when Flowey transformed into Asriel or Asriel used Hyper Goner, he basically destroyed reality/the game itself, much like Chara did. I know this because after the fight, literally nothing is left except for Frisk and Asriel.

I think that this reality erasure feat is important because canonically, Frisk didn't "refuse" until after Hyper Goner failed to kill them and Asriel used his full power.

Now, I don't know what kind of reality erasure is needed for High-Godly Regenerationn, but if it just refers to whatever reality the character in question is in, then surely Frisk qualifies for it.

I'm pretty sure Frisk did not actually die. Asriel destroyed all of existence but Frisk still remained and he started "refusing" to die.

@SchroKatze: Except Chara's Regenerationn feat was prior to the game being destroyed. They mention that it was due to the player that they revived. Hell, Chara's page even says that they were unharmed by the destruction of the game, when Regenerationn requires the user to be harmed in order to work.

@Super Saiyan God Julian: Asriel's dialogue implies that Frisk is dying many times, only to come back from each death.

High-Godly is regenerating after the whole setting of your verse is erased / destroyed

Asriel simply destroyed a single Timeline

Oh yeah now I remember. Regardless he only began dying after the world had already was destroyed and not necessarily from the destruction of it which im not sure if it would constitute High-Godly regen but more like Mid-Godly regen.

@Ultima Reality: Frankly, that bit of dialogue never made sense to me. Asriel is literally infinitely powerful, and yet his strongest attack only produces Low 2-C power?

@Super Saiyan God Julian: I always thought that High-Godly Regenerationn meant that you could come back from existential destruction without needing reality to be intact.

Where did you get that Hyper Goner was his most powerful attack? It's just the moment when he ends the timeline.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Where did you get that Hyper Goner was his most powerful attack? It's just the moment when he ends the timeline.
It's more or less my assumption, considering that there's NO REASON for Asriel, a 2-A being, to have an attack that is only Low 2-C.

On top of that, Asriel was genuinely surprised when Frisk survived it, indicating that he meant for the attack to get rid of Frisk for good.

AP =/= AoE. An attack that is 5-B doesn't automatically bust a planet, for example.

Hmm... I see.

Still, wasn't there a respect thread for Undertale that stated that Asriel casually replicated Chara's reality destruction fear simply by transforming?

I think the only ones who have performed such feat where Omega Flowey and Chara.

Proof of this is that the Game crashed after they perfomed the feat whereas the game did not crash after Asriel transformed. Also he especifically states he will erase the timeline.

Still the point that I'm trying to make is that he did not perform Chara and Omega Flowey's feat of destroying all timelines in ''one blow''.

Asriel clearly states he will erase the timeline. The only other times the Multiverse has been destroyed the game crashed.

But well im no Undertale expert. I suppose it would be a good idea if we message Azathoth who is knowledgeable of Undertale.

Chara could have high-godly if they had been destroyed again along with the game at the end of the genocide route, but we have no idea if that's the case, so their mid-godly comes from returning from nonexistence after their initial death.

Asriel stated he was going to use Hyper Goner to purge the current timeline, and Frisk tanked it. They didn't have to regen from that specific attack.

Huh. I always assumed that Regenerationn feats after the destruction of reality can count as High-Godly.

Does it have to be at the same time as the total destruction of reality in order to count?

Back