• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Homestuck vs Saint seiya

I'm going to have to do way more research before weighing in further since i don't know anything about saint seiya. so far I'd say Homestuck has a pretty good speed advantage with Jade PM and Noir being able to teleport and bring along anyone they want.

Edit: and tavros since i forgot about his prototyping

2nd edit, Just read what the staff can do, teleportation possibly might not work.

Ok, i'm nowhere near done with my research yet but here's a quick list of people at risk of being put to sleep by Vriska or the Condesce. Pegasus Seiya, Pheonix Ikki, Pegasus Kouga, Dragon Shiryu, Pegasus Tenma. Might only be able to get two of them before whatever is going on with technique nullification kicks in.

I wouldnt expect quick replies on this one, If you arn't famillier with both verses there's a bit of reading to do.

I think Homestuck might be able to win this. With speeds unequalized Saint Seiya has a very noticible speed advantage (the numbers I found were 280670400000000000c vs 4418140930001648000c) But since fully half the HS team can universally teleport along with anyone or anything they just might be able to dodge effectively. Athena can be countered a couple ways here, either Jade, Tavros, PM or Jack can teleport her staff away, or Vriska can steal her luck to get around probablilty manipulation. Vriska and the Condesce as I mentioned earlier would be able to put at least 2 of the human/ demigods to sleep and effectively remove them from battle for a time. Dave summons multiple versions of himself through the timeline to help sway the odds in their favor in addition to warping Seiya out of the arena since he looks to be the only one they might not be able to fully kill through physical means.

The main problem they would run into would be the fact that fully half the saints team can nullify attacks after seeing them once which means they'd only be able to put 2 to sleep and would have to defeat the other two in different ways. Aside from that I think Homestuck would be able to take the victory here mainly by outnumbering them. Round 2 would be an easier win with speed equalized.

Huh I thought that two my one worry for Homestuck is seiya's insane speed as if one one of the saints get's to say like dave first as they might take him out first and then athea use's her dues ex super owers aginst some of the higher powers, that and atomic destruction

The trouble with atomic destruction is that I dont think it would count as a just or heroic death, much like getting telestabbed didn't count.

Ah so they wouldn't stay dead for long so they can just get right back up. but what about the saints souls? they have control over them from what I last read with the seventh sense.

I'm afraid I'm really not too famillier with how soul power works in the saint series. In my notes I only found one that could live/ ressurect without a body which Is why i said Dave would have to deal with that, traveling far enough back in time that Seiya couldn't get back.

it's ok ask Matthew more information about that but anther problem I think they could have is actually pure speed and reaction time as you showed the huge difference in speeds I think they could get to jade or someone else before they could think to teleport, I think that only I can't confirm that and I read Homestuck

I think they might have time to react before being speed blitzed. On a related note I think in the end everyone on the homestuck side at least will die from this being a doomed timeline. Not that it matters in the immediate fight.

Saint Seiya is getting ridiculous upgrades once more in speed, so when that is through, they'll be able to blitz the team.

"Same technique doesn't work on Saint twice"

Shiryu and Hyoga no sold Hypnos' Eternal Drowsiness which pretty much forces others into an eternal slumber.

Yeah but that' saint logic homestuck doesn't work that way, plus the saints really have no way to kill the homestuck group, well not premtaly at least

So what? It's in their ability to immunize themselves against an technique or attack after they experience or see it. It's part of their repertoire. It's not a Saint Seiya specific mechanic.

And while it's true that most of these Saints are the brute force type, Athena's Nike Stuff manipulates probability which will lead the Saints to winning.

Yeah but more then four people of homestuck have unversial telportation and could just take the staff out of her hand and none of the saitsns would be able to cacth up to it

Plus dave can just keep summoning mutiple of himself's to overwelems the saints in pure numbers plus vriska could just steal the luck of the saints learn once thing with her luck manpulation

It's good to see some more replies to this. Homestuck immortality is pretty potent, being killed without a chance to retaliate would count as neither heroic or just and they would spring back to life. If they focus their effort on Athena first I think they could get the staff away from her, especially since green sun teleportation hasnt ever been shown to fail, meaning there is no chance for Athena to manipulate it into failing. If team Homestuck takes out Athena I think they have a chance to take out the rest since no one else has quite as potent abilities.

The Condesce has some form of immortality curse but since we dont have the details we have to just use her type 1 immortality here, meaning Condesce, Noir and PM are vulnerable to being mowed down under the saints, especially if someone chops of PM or Noir's arms or otherwise removes their power rings. Since PM and Noir are feircly protective of Jade I could also see that being used against them here.

Edit, reading the new speeds for saint verse I think round one goes fairly easily to saint seiya at this point, sure homestuck can teleport spam but that speed difference is just ridiculous.

Yeah i saw the recent updgrade and holy ****, well round one defently goes to saint seiya

But round 2 is a diffrent story

I think some of the trouble is that Homestuck just doesnt have a whole bunch of unique attacks to counteract the saint's adaptive invulnerability. we have Jade's green sun burst, Condesce's vaporization beam, John's windy thing, Vriska's dice, and condy's and vriska's sleep thing. The rest of their arsenal is just various forms of hitting things with weapons which really could be a problem if any of their attacks fail to kill in one hit.

Back