• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hot headed! Natsu vs Saber of Red

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still the fact that it is magic in itself means it get quite reduced by Mordred MR

Gargoyle One said:
Dragon magic would slightly help in nagating that though, not enough to fully go through it, but enough to do damage.
Will it? I mean if count dragon slaying magic being effective on Dragons that have high magical resistance only because they are dragons than here his dragon powers would be worthless.

@Blanked

It's been established that dragon-slaying magic will cause Mordred's Magic Resistance to not work as well, but not nearly to the point where she'd suddenly be one-shotted or vulnerable.

Okay, that's confusing. First you say 75-90% of his magical attacks raw power is worthless and now her magical resistance doent work well... I mean resisting even 50% is pretty damn good and is working very good.

@Blanked

It's never been established how much a dragon slaying magic would reduce her magic resistance, but it says that it would not work to its fullest extent rather than nullifying it.

But yeah, it would nullify at least 50%.

I see, well I will leave it on inconclusive than for same reasons from before and also because Natsu can as well somewhat deal with her AP boost through rage power that gives him some boost and in a fight where his fire attacks are weaker than they should he will just get angrier.

Do we even know what exactly FT DS magic does to dragons? like is it a straight ap boost vs dragons; do FT verse dragons have a passive ability like Seig's armour of Fafnir which reduces the damage they take and DS magic just nullifies it so DS's don't do bonus damage, they just don't get their damage reduced; or something similar.

It bypasses their magical resistance allwoing them to cut through their magical resisting scales. It's basically Seig's armor=Dragon scales in FT verse. Also, fafnir is a dragon if going by legends.

@Blanked

Natsu has not shown that ability though since he and the other Dragon Slayers got their butts kicked by all the Dragons they faced, indicating that it isn't exactly resistance bypassing to the fullest extent of the phrase.

You better decide what Dragon slayer magic is and write on the ft page or something because in one thread it straight up boost against Dragons from other verses who don't have magic resistant scales or anything like that and in other threads is just bypassing resistances.

@Bepo

Dragons in Fairy Tail are resistant to all magic aside from their own, as Dragon Slaying magic is literally just teaching humans how to use a Dragon's abilities. Thus, while all other magic in the series basically bounces off, Dragon Slaying Magic can actually do damage.

However, this ability only goes so far, as none of the Dragon Slayers were able to lay a scratch on the dragons during Future Rogue's rampage.

@blanked

Where was it stated that they have magic resistance (beyond their element resistances). Further if DS magic negs magic resistance why does DS magic have no effect on Acnologia.

Blanked said:
@Repp what are you talking about? Natsu hurted mother glare so hard she start screaming.
Natsu also ate a huge amount of atlas flame's fire before attacking motherglare. A dragon literally made out of fire.

Natsu also ate a huge amount of atlas flame's firebefore sttacking motherglare. A dragon literally made out of fire.

Natsu hurt mother glare before that. When he absorbed his flames he literraly one shotted her even thou atlas couldn't make a scratch.

Delta3000 said:
@blanked

Where was it stated that they have magic resistance (beyond their element resistances). Further if DS magic negs magic resistance why does DS magic have no effect on Acnologia.
It does have effect it's just that his powers is thousand times greater so it doesn't matter the boost they get.

Natsu also ate a huge amount of atlas flame's firebefore sttacking motherglare. A dragon literally made out of fire.

Natsu hurt mother glare before that. When he absorbed his flames he literraly one shotted her even thou atlas couldn't make a scratch.

And before he ate atlus's fire, MG was alright after that attack since she went on to make more babies. And I'm pretty sure Natsu has a full fight with future rogue before he tried to one shot MG.

Igneel's fire breath didn't do any damage at all and Igneel is comparable (though slightly weaker) in power to Acno.

Btw Motherglare is, apparently, male.

Also where does it states that Mordred is part dragon? I don't see "part dragon" as part of her classification.

@Blanked

Scans of this? I don't remember that at all.

@Glassman

Mordred is a homunculus clone of Arturia, who has the core of a dragon and thus their attributes.

Delta3000 said:
Igneel's fire breath didn't do any damage at all and Igneel is comparable (though slightly weaker) in power to Acno.

Btw Motherglare is, apparently, male.
yeah, I know about that, but it's easier to refer as "She" to create less confusion.

Also, Igneel was much weaker in that form and he was beaten by a held back Acnologia plus it's not the first time where a dragon can't hurt another dragon. Atlas flame vs Mother glare is a perfect example.

@Repp give me a little time for that.

It does have effect it's just that his powers is thousand times greater so it doesn't matter the boost they get.

So a magic attack is effective against a being that can eat magic, and doesn't get affected by magic attacks at all.... Seems legit.

@Reppuzan but wouldn't that make her like a 2nd generation dragon slayer if the only thing she has that's dragon like is the core, like sting and rogue with their lacrimas?

@Glass

No. It isn't mere implantation of Lacrima. Mordred was designed to share her father's attributes, and thus has the blood of a dragon and a core that allows her to use intense amounts of magical energy beyond what any normal human in the Nasuverse can achieve.

@Glass man he gets affected by DS magic.

@Reppuzan here Natsu hits Mother glare indirectly and she starts collapsing

here motherlgare falls on some buildings the diffrence in chapters is big because in between we have Makarov trying to fight atlas flame but can't even scratch him.

here Natsu punches mother glare and he screams out of pain so yeah DS magic is very effective.

@Blanked

I see, it's been a while so I guess I simply forgot those parts since 6/7 Dragon Slayers (including freaking Laxus) didn't do crud.

I still can't see Natsu bypassing Mordred's Magic Resistance completely, but he should be able to do significant damage then.

I'm still leaning towards Mordred, since she isn't one to simply sit around and take hits. She's definitely going to be in Natsu's face and trying to slice or bite hands and feet off.

Also, I should mention that while her swordsmanship is poor, she is still a brutal and pragmatic enough fighter to take on Siegfried, whose swordsmanship surpassed what should be possible for mankind and allowed him to hold off Karna, on relatively even ground.

Well, Natsu was shown as more tactical than before like how he raised the ground beneath him and than breath attacked on Blue note.

Later during the war he actually stopped himself and start saying how he can't beat all those people on his own, so he start thinking about a strategy so i think if morderd gets him in close combat and starts overpowering him than he will find a way to escape out of that limited range with his flames and try a more careful approach with range attacks and similar when getting into close range rather than just attacking recklessly.

From other dragon slayers the only stronger one than Natsu is Laxus and he was in a terrible physical state after his fight with Jura so it's not weird he couldn't do a lot.

Also, since Natsu was on top of motherlgare he kind had free time to hit him (when not fighting Rougue directly) while other dragon slayers had to deal with dragons personally.

Yeah, I saw that, but her range is still not comparable to post time skip Natsu where even his iron fist is in hundreds of meters.

@Blanked

It's still out of character for Natsu to resort to ranged attacks. How many fights has he been in where he backed off and spammed Fire Dragon's Iron Fist and Roar of the Fire Dragon?

Reppuzan said:
@Blanked

It's still out of character for Natsu to resort to ranged attacks. How many fights has he been in where he backed off and spammed Fire Dragon's Iron Fist and Roar of the Fire Dragon?
He did it against Blue note thou that was pretty short.

He didn't try to fight the soldiers head on but instead just push them away with range attacks in two occasions.

He fought against Zeref half time on range in their first battle and well in his second he couldn't since they were in the guild.

Also, when he one shot Jacob he hit him before getting close to him and he wouldn't even bother getting close, but he was pushed by Makarov or else the side effect of his attack would of destroyed the guild as said by others, so somewhat range when he can have some use of it will be used. He still obviously prefers h2h, but if necessary he will try some range attacks from time to time.

I mean there is also to judge that he didn't fight someone with a weapon so it's hard to tell would he force h2h against a similar opponent.

He fought Erza back in the day, but apparently he simply got one shot over and over again and their only battle on screen was a friendly brawl of 1 minute that got interrupted.

You mean the guy that threw around 7 dragon slayers with little to no effort?

Even if their magic can affect him that doesn't change the fact he is hundreds/thousands times stronger you know...

Her precog and magic resistance should help her closing the gap. In addition her armor is also strong enough to somewhat deflect Chiron's arrow and would let her potentially survive his noble phantasm, so I don't really see her getting picked off from range unless Natsu spams his strongest ranged attacks.

If she closes the gap her sword strikes would be pretty devastating to Natsu considering Apocrypha materials state that she can one shot most servants with Mana Burst and a swing with Clarent. In terms of skill I would say that she has the advantage because she held the upper hand against Budget Siegfried.

Her missing trump card would make this difficult, but considering Natsu wouldn't really take advantage of his range I'm voting for Mordred.

@Blanked He stated that magic doesn't affect him.

http://m.*************/manga/fairy_tail/v38/c542/8.html

Theglassman12 said:
@Blanked He stated that magic doesn't affect him.

http://m.*************/manga/fairy_tail/v38/c542/8.html
God Serena stated that all dragons will bow in front of him and we know how that worked out for him...

It's just bragging you know. Also, it's easy to say magic doesn't work on me when you get hit by people that are hundreds of times weaker than you.

Theglassman12 said:
If it's just bragging, then it wouldn't have been on his profile now would it?
What? The fact he wasn't affected by anything used against him so far? Well, there is the fact no one in his verse can use something on his lvl in the first place. Also, his profile says resistance not immunity. That said lets not derail from this thread that's already long enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back