• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How do you pixel scale?

I got some calcs i want to do but don't know how to pixel scale. Generally i simply would find a characters hieght and such and use a ruler to determine their distance from something using their measurements but I can see how that'd be faulty so can someone help? I want to know pixel scaling as well as how to find distanbetbetween Objects similarly to the Madara speed calc on His page.

Just find the height of the object or person you want to scale (preferably in centimeters) so you won't have to deal with converting feet and inches to it and divide their height by the number of pixels to find the height for each pixel.

Example: Character A is 100 cm tall, and 10 pixels make up his height. Thus 1 pixel would be 10 cm.

Character B has an undefined height but stands at 7 pixels tall next to Character A, meaning he'd be 70 cm.

I use PaintDotNet. Being able to highlight the pixels and use multiple layers makes it a lot easier. Kind of hardware intensive for lower end PCs (like mine), so your mileage may vary on that front.

ArbitraryNumbers said:
I use a google chrome extension called Page Ruler.
I use page ruler as well. What do u do once you get lets say a distance? cuz it varifies on the width do we assume that it will the number?

Heh. Mate, I use a Mac. I take the photo, move it to my desktop, click on it, and the photo opens with Preview. It's not a site or an app, just something that comes on the computer.

Back