• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
So I don't really rep very many verses that have a lot of prep time stuff going on (Naruto has some of it, but it hasn't been very relevant to any threads I've made so far).
So I'm essentially asking, for prep heavy characters like Batman, what are the standard assumptions for how prep works, and how do you guys figure out what a character would use their prep for? Do you guys ever think it's reasonable for a character to prepare an ability they don't normally have if they have prior knowledge of their opponent? It's an interesting part of Vs Battles that I haven't really gotten to really experience much of.

People like Reed and Batman has a lot of prep time feats, and sometimes the scenarios they are put in, they might have encountered it.

But in any case, when it comes to prep for someone like batman, we assume he can bring out his high tier technology and would learn about their weaknesses and powers and try to prepare counters - ofc, only with the abilities that are listed on his file. We can't enter NLf territory with it. So if he is fighting a reality warper, he might not be able to beat it since it's not on his file.

But in any case, when it comes to prep for someone like batman, we assume he can bring out his high tier technology and would learn about their weaknesses and powers and try to prepare counters - ofc, only with the abilities that are listed on his file. We can't enter NLf territory with it. So if he is fighting a reality warper, he might not be able to beat it since it's not on his file.
Wait, didn't he fight the Batman who Laughs who can beat reality warpers?

Wait, didn't he fight the Batman who Laughs who can beat reality warpers?
Yes, but to my recalling, he never fought a reality warper himself. There is a big difference. Plus BWL did it with prep time and he didn't use prep when fighting Bats and Joker in the last issue of Metal

People like Reed and Batman has a lot of prep time feats, and sometimes the scenarios they are put in, they might have encountered it.

So basically, it's either no prep time and the character only has their physical stats, or they prep and they have their strongest stuff? I guess that does make the most sense.

Yeah, tho I think it comes down to character itself. Batman would use his best tech and stuff, and someone like Ninjak would try something more along the lines of psychological or just some traps

Back