• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How is 18 tier 4 now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"There is worst than that with Yamcha, 18 and Krillin being 4-A in GT."

What does this have to do with absolutely anything?

I still do not understand what the GT versions of Yamcha, 18 and Krillin have to do with this discussion.

Yamcha in the Toeiverse was able to easily defeat Olibu, who gave Weighted Pikko a good fight. Using the Toeiverse to dictate what makes sense or not is...a no.

And I still have to ask why you're bringing GT up at all.

@Cursed

I was not addressing your comment. We wrote our posts at the same time.

@Dark

And what does that have to do with canon 18? The gap is nowhere near the same

Let's be cool guys. I just wanted some justification on why 18 isn't stronger but fighters way weaker approach her tier.

Kasyacarey said:
Let's be cool guys. I just wanted some justification on why 18 isn't stronger but fighters way weaker approach her tier.
Krillin, Tien and Roshi are not "weak" to begin with.

Shin was under the belief the Z Sword was the greatest power in the universe. He had sensed Super Saiyan 2 Goku and Vegeta and was excited to see how it stacked up against Katchin, implying lesser powers wouldn't be able to destroy it

Kepekley23 said:
Yamcha in the Toeiverse was able to easily defeat Olibu, who gave Weighted Pikko a good fight. Using the Toeiverse to dictate what makes sense or not is...a no.

And I still have to ask why you're bringing GT up at all.
Who's olibu, tho.

Simple really, 18 is at least galaxy level and possibly universal purely based of scaling. Its out of nowhere but it still makes sense for dragonball, she basically broke her limits like almost everyone else on u7.

Son Gandhi said:
Simple really, 18 is at least galaxy level and possibly universal purely based of scaling. Its out of nowhere but it still makes sense for dragonball, she basically broke her limits like almost everyone else on u7.
This is what I'm saying 😁

Android 18 by scaling has a lower bound comparable to what she had shown in DBZ and an upper bound tied to scaling within the ToP alone with nothing prior supporting an extreme increase in power. I really don't think it's correct to arbitrarily pick a place between the two and assign her AP accordingly.

It makes far less sense to keep her at star level, she is clearly beyond that at this point. She would one shot beings of large star level durabilty. Galaxy level with possibly universal is fair she clearly is somewhat comparable to 17 even if the gap is still huge. 17 should possibly be upgraded also. Just an opinion but for sure keeping her at large star level makes 0 sense.

No characters will be Galaxy level in Super, only in GT and cross-scaling should be avoided. The best i can rate them is 4-B.

You should rate way higher than 4-B if people >>>>>>>>>> way weaker than her are 4-B. Android 18 even stated Krillin is still vastly weaker than her. He did like 10 minutes of training before the tournament (and 18 did too) and now he's tier 4.

Yes. While in the same tier, the gap between Krillin and 18 could be even on the same proportion as Cell to Vegito.

Yes, but my point is. They haven't showed anything to prove they can go from tier 5 to tier 4. If that's the case 18, who is still massively stronger should be somewhere in tier 3.

Her husband and Tien has never been close to her power level. 18 is more likely to be comparable to Ribrianne or 17(before the limit breakers) than them.

Ribrianne might be downgraded and the fight with 17 against SSB Goku was the first clue for him that he became that strong while 18 had showed anything important to prove that she should be on the same level.

Ribrianne has consistent feats of fighting 3-As. She only has one bad showing and that's with Base Vegeta. If that's what you're talking about with the downgrade.

17 was able to fight a supressed SSB Goku (before the tournament) 18 was able to kick suppressed SSB Goku blast (before the tournament)

Both were fighting and taking hits from 3-A characters If anything she should scale off base 17 and ribrianne. Like you said the gap in the 4-B is big, I'm sure 3-A is huge.

That feat is not usable as Goku was massively holding back against Krillin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back