• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How much does an island weigh?

Celestial_Pegasus

VS Battles
Administrator
Would be helpful to know this for a calc, been searching around on the net, and got no answer.

Albeit what i want to know is what a large island weighs, but just knowing what the average island in general weighs would be enough for a lowball.

Don't think there's an standard size for an island, it can vary from the rock formation in the middle of a lake up to the size of Australia.

@DMUA Don't think that works, the feat is from a light novel, so all i have are descriptions, can't pixel scale anything, posted the quotes here.

Basically Leviathan was sealed using the massive heptagon shaped island of andika, and its power is why andika stayed afloat for centuries, after Leviathan was released from its seal, the island sank to the depth of the ocean.

Another character was also able to stop the entire island from sinking for a while.

Need the mass to calc for gravitational potential energy.

Oh.

Hmm... Still, getting the size, then mass of a small island could work.

I may be able to hop onto it and get a blog out

Those are the requeriments to be Island level, so the size that should have an island/mountain that destroying it yield Island level results. Take into account that the Island level is an arbitrary measure and do not relate to the standard island size.

Back