• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How strong is Jotaro4 compared to a not angry Jotaro3?

well I think he shouldn't really be weaker outside of having a less effective time stop, but I personally don't know if there's any exact measurement of this topic

lol if you ask me its either
Part 4 Star Platinum vs Part 3 Star Platinum is equivalent to Star Platinum vs The World.
Part 4 Star Platinum wouldn't get ******* on easily like Star Platinum against TW but P3 SP is still stronger than P4 SP like how TW is still stronger than P3SP
or
Part 4 Star Platinum is comparable to Early-Mid Star Platinum Part 3, idk where i got this, i just felt like it.

Slightly under, but just slightly.

Assuming you're talking about furious CD against Base Part 4 Plat.

I read this completely wrong, weaker but who knows by how much, not enough to matter a whole lot though given RHCP is scared shitless of him.

how do we know he got weaker?
Jotaro is said to be weaker in Part 4 than he was in Part 3, although it's not enough for it to matter because he's still the greatest Stand in terms of physical combat attributes. It's just that I was asking if he's only weaker than his peak Part 3 self or if he is generally weaker than he was in Part 3, namely his mid Part 3 self.

Jotaro is said to be weaker in Part 4 than he was in Part 3, although it's not enough for it to matter because he's still the greatest Stand in terms of physical combat attributes. It's just that I was asking if he was only weaker than his peak Part 3 self rather than mid Part 3 self.
I kinda wanna see the scan for that tho

how do we know he got weaker?
Screenshot_20211111-211541.png

Self-explanatory

It's literally said he isn't in his prime anymore, SP page in Stone Ocean manga

Stands get weaker with age anyway.
It's a plot point like twice.

Imagine the peak of your life being at the age of 17
To be fair Jotaro's technical peak of power was probably somewhere between 18 and 28, like when he's in college or smthn cuz I don't see his life peak being at ******* 18 but I can buy that his stand is weaker by the time he's 28 since he hasn't used it in god knows how long

well Jotaro didn't use Star Platinum to the point time stop degraded from full 5 seconds to literally 0.5 seconds. So yeah Jotaro probably didn't use his stand for a long ass time until Part 4. It's equivalent to Joseph no longer training his Hamon after Part 2.

To be fair Jotaro's technical peak of power was probably somewhere between 18 and 28, like when he's in college or smthn cuz I don't see his life peak being at ******* 18 but I can buy that his stand is weaker by the time he's 28 since he hasn't used it in god knows how long
TBF his power peaked, not his life.

Although then again at 17-18 his life had to be better than what came after, chilling while studying marine biology and not having to worry about stand users, DIO's leftovers or a family he has to neglect for their own good....**** Polnareff hasn't radio silent yet.

Also for what we know his peak started at 18 and lasted til his late 20s, I don't think the second he became 19 his power started to dip.

TBF his power peaked, not his life.

Although then again at 17-18 his life had to be better than what came after, chilling while studying marine biology and not having to worry about stand users, DIO's leftovers or a family he has to neglect for their own good....**** Polnareff hasn't radio silent yet.

Also for what we know his peak started at 18 and lasted til his late 20s, I don't think the second he became 19 his power started to dip.
Yeah, I don't think Jotaro's power dipped that soon, I'd say like 5 years in or something since that seems reasonable for those 10 years

Now that I think about it, where's the direct source for Jotaro being weaker in Part 4? He's straight up said to be weaker in Part 6, but I never see scans for it in Part 4

I find it hard to believe jotaro wouldn't use star platinum for everyday situations all the time, what a waste that would be
He says himself he hadn't used time stop in 10 years. You know how useful that shit would be everyday?
"Oh shit im gonna be late for a meeting". He could just spam time stop while going to the meeting, cutting off bits of time for how long it'd take to get there so he gets there on time. Or "oh shit jolyne just ******* spilt a drink" and then stop time to go over and grab it so it doesnt spill all over his nice new rug.

He could've used Plat every day, but he didn't, though I'm sure he used it once in awhile but I don't think it'd be like as often as Akira or someone used RHCP, which is to say, basically at all times, plus to be fair, Stands are treated as something you keep hidden unless you need to, both Dio's assassins and Norisuke reiterate that multiple times.

Also yeah, I don't think the moment he became 19 his power dropped, it probably lasted till at least his mid twenties, at least, the base power should've stayed close to the same, but lack of use would dwindle that slowly as well as simple aging, and the fact when he was 17-18 he was using it like every day in life or death battles, had a goal he'd die for (Meaning by default his Stand is gonna be outputting higher stuff, Stand output is controlled by your emotional state and will, having a goal you'd do anything to complete is gonna result in your Stand being above you being casual with no real motive), and was pushed to the limit a few times, Plat would've got those gains from that alone.
Now that I think about it, where's the direct source for Jotaro being weaker in Part 4? He's straight up said to be weaker in Part 6, but I never see scans for it in Part 4
If his prime is Part 3, that kinda shoots down his prime being Part 4 by default, as it does Part 6. If he was just as good in Part 4 as he was 3, then 3 wouldn't be his peak to begin with. His peak would instead be part 3-4, or 17-28.

If his prime is Part 3, that kinda shoots down his prime being Part 4 by default, as it does Part 6. If he was just as good in Part 4 as he was 3, then 3 wouldn't be his peak to begin with. His peak would instead be part 3-4, or 17-28.
That clears it up more. Don't know why I didn't think that. Thanks.

Last edited:
I mean, his drop from 3 to Part 4, at least base-strength is unquantifiable, but it's probably not a HUGE amount given how often he's jacked off in Part 4 as still being god tier.

Part 6 though is when things start getting like ehhhhhh, dude's in his 40's now, that's bound to be catching up to him.

And he still is the strongest by the time Part 6 takes place, even in his 40s

Is the Joestar Gene and probably that he's still pissed, only that instead of the burning hot anger it's "Oh **** my life ******* sucks"

Or maybe he's just lucky.

Btw, how probably durable is Jotaro in both keys? It's currently Wall level but I'm pretty sure he has enough feats to be higher than that

Btw, how durable is Jotaro in both keys? It's currently Wall level but I'm pretty sure he has enough feats to be higher than that
Ignoring completely ridiculous shit like taking a hit from TW (given TW explicitly holding back moments prior effortlessly dusted his ribs and collarbone so like...).

Idk, there was actual a few durability feats I wanted to calc for Jotaro that we could apply without any issue of outlier, scaling, pis or whatever, there's a few solid superhuman durability feats that he takes that is 100% on him and not Plat.

Back