• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How to Write/Feats required for a Supergenius character

Looking to right a story with a really smart character involved, one that'd get to supergenius or extraordinary genius but I don't want to write feats of unrealistic science to get there but was wondering if I can get the character there through more of 'detective' type intelligence..yeah so real life situations and outsmarting others, manipulation etc than science smart.

Also would like if anyone could give me the reason why superscience is considered the highest level of intelligence?

In order to qualify for a Supergenius rating based on technological prowess, a character should be able to essentially warp reality in virtually any way that they wish on an at least base level infinite (High 3-A) scale with their inventions, or even use them to overpower tier 1 entities for higher cases. Simply defying the laws of physics with futuristic technology is very common for Extraordinary Geniuses as well. Meaning that there should be an enormous amount of versatility combined with an infinite scale of power and preferably range.

However, take note that, in order to qualify, characters genuinely have to invent things on their own, not mostly rely on already extremely futuristic settings.

Other ways to qualify through non-technological means are to be able to process and understand literally infinite amounts of information, or to design entire realities of infinite complexity through skill and comprehension, rather than just wishing them into existence, and feats of a comparable scale may also reach a Supergenius rating.

Looking to right a story with a really smart character involved, one that'd get to supergenius or extraordinary genius but I don't want to write feats of unrealistic science to get there but was wondering if I can get the character there through more of 'detective' type intelligence..yeah so real life situations and outsmarting others, manipulation etc than science smart.
I guess you could get them to Extraordinary Genius level by having their deduction skills be honed to the point that they can get leads or piece together a complicated situation from a minute observation within a short timeframe and have their knowledge be spread deeply across multiple complex fields of study. Supergenius is out of the question for a more grounded setting because getting there requires the character to be able to manipulate reality on a High 3-A scale with their inventions.

detective
I'd say deducing things happening across dimensions, predicting the future at an exceptional level, figuring out how things happened with little to no evidence where the only way was inexplainable from a geniuses perspective.

In order to qualify for a Supergenius rating based on technological prowess, a character should be able to essentially warp reality in virtually any way that they wish on an at least base level infinite (High 3-A) scale with their inventions, or even use them to overpower tier 1 entities for higher cases. Simply defying the laws of physics with futuristic technology is very common for Extraordinary Geniuses as well. Meaning that there should be an enormous amount of versatility combined with an infinite scale of power and preferably range.

However, take note that, in order to qualify, characters genuinely have to invent things on their own, not mostly rely on already extremely futuristic settings.

Other ways to qualify through non-technological means are to be able to process and understand literally infinite amounts of information, or to design entire realities of infinite complexity through skill and comprehension, rather than just wishing them into existence, and feats of a comparable scale may also reach a Supergenius rating.
yeah..only problem is i'm trying to find ways to get to the level without such super science and universe creation things.

Last edited:
I guess you could get them to Extraordinary Genius level by having their deduction skills be honed to the point that they can get leads or piece together a complicated situation from a minute observation within a short timeframe and have their knowledge be spread deeply across multiple complex fields of study. Supergenius is out of the question for a more grounded setting because getting there requires the character to be able to manipulate reality on a High 3-A scale with their inventions.
So SuperGenius is not possible without Universe level inventions?

So if I create a teleporter that can teleport one anywhere in a galaxy or several but not the entire universe, then is that still only E.O Genius? Cuz if so then E.O Genius is so damn wide, even characters like Ayanokoji who arent super scientists can qualify in it

Back