• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I know this thread is kinda old but I thought this might be relevant, in httyd the serpent’s heir comic(which is right after httyd 2) toothless makes multiple pisst off foreverwings **** down to him

7thO30H3iOoC1wn40O7EpnigE7QV8nA1j_d4-GT3m9rJzV3j4_ZWFGzXCSp6CQlDVbbAnH0UEoLPc31sDFwh6YZv6yVjsJVdCTCY_RHuVgUoL0Zs0ZSouf5FC8BxN8YyiFZNB9vBsg=s1600

zvk4TLJ5HZpr3zaN3gzql0xhkXAflKmgYvgsXxl_A_iARbgnCdPZX848FUnnont48EKDXOQMARmOYj0d8TPHoQ5ygztcWyVAmIem2uiWwByjFk-UTO-C-WNmvwcxvCzceh_-pUoOpA=s1600

RtLzXTyOa1MY440iXeiXDeKzme-xlmc6znNxjpJ1yKgutPBATqbAMTjkQLrgXl6WdoH24pUp71Fvy71BOFFFezYDZAtD8FmW9L-aN2eARHxmFh5Tf1VQ9ah1nc1XMaBH6o8gQPG7Xw=s1600

ISNnVPmdk9LIoWETcjcjTUEuYLqeE3nZEQ0KilHond32DGPHEeoVVLwCF8GDFgwy_mGnAqylYzwMekL7t5JjKiff6g8Xdd-slxvT_Oz3jADZvmDBwvK7BVimQOfN4oY1b6SevlEyBQ=s1600

P-iBQ47un7zjNcAtIS4dcLwWaELsriM4P4xCZpxW2HWOEWzjR1fqBlb8O8OqfdVg84VOHQ_ysFq-a2HvWMg2fOlLY89QVFCbEktRToSyjfYU8-TtN3qPoxMfGELJOD1razdbBmZ1Uw=s1600

ZfuNauaY36KoMk1eT0Lf3CCRYSxtZpB6iQx61zQzl0qfSltNLHvsstxqKx5m3GahqYaQ7K6qbkb9uKqZCES_hZ2IkwVPdJm3hlPFlAC1drs4-MCcVjJTyzBXCcr3s-ibadjmia0KGg=s1600

U5QrWR74FdDedFx5eK_Tr3ojaZcHuo0l-emSOwk8VR3a0_Ct1S0ojtaUBAEAlm0pFFH3vx6ciqyE5dsUMKMuGDa7NYpHcVcl0siG_G5Nwg5dbDp1RwVc_1gtzZmzWMMrB9XyaYokqg=s1600

Are the comic books officially canon to the movies and TV series?

So they have been officially acknowledged by the movie or TV series staff, and do not contradict anything? They are not some alternative timeline?

Well, our usual standard is to only accept different mediums as part of the same continuity if there is some sort of reliable official acknowledgement.

I don't know too much about How to Train your Dragon scaling, but I'll follow for now and look at each calculation step by step. And I may come back after work to analyze the details.

The main issue is if we should scale between the comic books and cartoons. It seems to risk to set a bad precedent to me.

The main issue is if we should scale between the comic books and cartoons. It seems to risk to set a bad precedent to me.
How? The tv shows and comics are supposed to generally take place in between the movies and it’s not like they were doing anything out of the ordinary in the comics from what I’ve seen so far

like DDM I know nothing about this verse other than that my 5-year-old brother seems to think it's pretty darn swell. With that said...

generally speaking I believe its fine to use secondary properties unless there is something obviously fundamentally wrong with them (for example, the Dark Souls comic that didn't follow the Dark Souls story and moreso just borrowed aesthetics). I obviously can't really decipher whether this is the case here, being totally unfamiliar with the verse, but assuming these comics are like officially made/recognized things, I don't see too much of an issue. At worst, I'd ask for something from the comics to be provably recognized from the main series as concrete proof that, yes, these all are canon.

?

Are you referring to the two quotes you posted as scans, or are you asking me to look further up the thread and the quotes are unrelated?

?

Are you referring to the two quotes you posted as scans, or are you asking me to look further up the thread and the quotes are unrelated?
Um I didn’t post quotes, I’m talking about this
I know this thread is kinda old but I thought this might be relevant, in httyd the serpent’s heir comic(which is right after httyd 2) toothless makes multiple pisst off foreverwings **** down to him

7thO30H3iOoC1wn40O7EpnigE7QV8nA1j_d4-GT3m9rJzV3j4_ZWFGzXCSp6CQlDVbbAnH0UEoLPc31sDFwh6YZv6yVjsJVdCTCY_RHuVgUoL0Zs0ZSouf5FC8BxN8YyiFZNB9vBsg=s1600

zvk4TLJ5HZpr3zaN3gzql0xhkXAflKmgYvgsXxl_A_iARbgnCdPZX848FUnnont48EKDXOQMARmOYj0d8TPHoQ5ygztcWyVAmIem2uiWwByjFk-UTO-C-WNmvwcxvCzceh_-pUoOpA=s1600

RtLzXTyOa1MY440iXeiXDeKzme-xlmc6znNxjpJ1yKgutPBATqbAMTjkQLrgXl6WdoH24pUp71Fvy71BOFFFezYDZAtD8FmW9L-aN2eARHxmFh5Tf1VQ9ah1nc1XMaBH6o8gQPG7Xw=s1600

ISNnVPmdk9LIoWETcjcjTUEuYLqeE3nZEQ0KilHond32DGPHEeoVVLwCF8GDFgwy_mGnAqylYzwMekL7t5JjKiff6g8Xdd-slxvT_Oz3jADZvmDBwvK7BVimQOfN4oY1b6SevlEyBQ=s1600

P-iBQ47un7zjNcAtIS4dcLwWaELsriM4P4xCZpxW2HWOEWzjR1fqBlb8O8OqfdVg84VOHQ_ysFq-a2HvWMg2fOlLY89QVFCbEktRToSyjfYU8-TtN3qPoxMfGELJOD1razdbBmZ1Uw=s1600

ZfuNauaY36KoMk1eT0Lf3CCRYSxtZpB6iQx61zQzl0qfSltNLHvsstxqKx5m3GahqYaQ7K6qbkb9uKqZCES_hZ2IkwVPdJm3hlPFlAC1drs4-MCcVjJTyzBXCcr3s-ibadjmia0KGg=s1600

U5QrWR74FdDedFx5eK_Tr3ojaZcHuo0l-emSOwk8VR3a0_Ct1S0ojtaUBAEAlm0pFFH3vx6ciqyE5dsUMKMuGDa7NYpHcVcl0siG_G5Nwg5dbDp1RwVc_1gtzZmzWMMrB9XyaYokqg=s1600

You quite literally posted two quotes, but alrighty then.

I don't understand the significance of the scans presented? In what way do they prove that the events of the comic play into the events of the main series?

You quite literally posted two quotes, but alrighty then.

I don't understand the significance of the scans presented? In what way do they prove that the events of the comic play into the events of the main series?
The quotes were just reply’s but whatever

It’s supposed to be a feat for toothless but as for it playing into the main series, it dosen’t its just an adventure in between httyd 2 and 3 seeing as it takes place litterly right after httyd 2

SgoWEhJYaJVsi-Ko7p070Bekg5u3jYKdwRLBbGzzkoFxCxUGc5nzo2a0xSCwIWQ1AtLjOCK1oV3n0NL2rFTtlEyGXEpGi6MG23w35sI2TWJzUdYpE0dEtlHXMlRLTycBtU22CuCjQg=s1600

One of two writers is the the Writer and Director for both the Second and Third movies and the second writer is one of the writers for the TV show "Dragons: Race to the edge"

sigh

the writers thing should be fine, thank you for answering my question.

Back