• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Humanity's Greatest Tournament Semi-Finals Match 2: Gon Freecss VS Pyro (GRACE)

Gon Freecss VS Pyro

gwKgwtc.jpeg

Rules
  • Speed will be equalized.
  • Both have their standard equipment.
  • Battles take place at night at the shore of a lake.
  • Both are 9-B and Gravel War Pyro is used.
  • Both start 40 meters away from each other and not within each others line of sight.
  • Both have a day of preparation but no knowledge on each other.

"I want to see my dad.": 7

"Hudda hudda huh!": 0
"Inconclusive": 0

z5HVV9O.png

Last edited:
Need some Team Fortress supporters, Pyro's ranged options are mad crazy
Yea Pyro has their Flare Guns that have a range of Several dozen feet and can be used to set Gon on fire at a range. That and the fact that Pyro’s flamethrowers can reach Several feet means that Gon is going to have a hard time getting close to Pyro without being burnt to a crisp.

Yea Pyro has their Flare Guns that have a range of Several dozen feet and can be used to set Gon on fire at a range. That and the fact that Pyro’s flamethrowers can reach Several feet means that Gon is going to have a hard time getting close to Pyro without being burnt to a crisp.
Okay, let's go.

Those are nice options, but Gon has got the level of skill to simply maneuver out of the way of these attacks quite easily, thanks to his agility and analytical precognition, being able to predict the trajectory.
Gon has quite a few options for supernatural stealth such a Zetsu, a technique that completely hides his presence for those who sense auras - and even makes normal people have a hard time seeing him. If this works, given they don't start in the opponent's sight, Gon can use his ranged option - his rod - to snag one weapon or even sneaking an attack.

Gon also gets stronger by the second, eventually overwhelming Pyro in speed and attack (they're initially comparable in both). Also need to know how high into Class 5 Pyro is.

Pyro dose have multiple shotguns they can use in the water.
Grappling and stopping Pyro's motion underwater - and Gon has a ridiculous record on holding his breath, 5-10 minutes! He could absolutely drown Pyro, which is funny.

Those are nice options, but Gon has got the level of skill to simply maneuver out of the way of these attacks quite easily, thanks to his agility and analytical precognition, being able to predict the trajectory.
Pyro deals with scouts who are a good bit faster than him, also Pyro’s flamethrower has huge flames that will burn Gon if he even thinks about getting close to him something he has to do to hit Pyro.

AOE is definitely a big factor here. Is Gon's fishing hook fireproof? LS is close so they'd have to both struggle to pull one or the other to the other side. What I imagine is Gon is likely going to adapt and try to take cover near the water so that Pyro could be lured close.

His AD is also nice but honestly it leans more on adaptation. What chapter is that fight?

Pyro deals with scouts who are a good bit faster than him, also Pyro’s flamethrower has huge flames that will burn Gon if he even thinks about getting close to him something he has to do to hit Pyro.
Thaaat doesn't reply to what I was saying. Gon has skill to predict the trajectory of unpredictable projectiles. I'd need to see how big those flames are.

AOE is definitely a big factor here. Is Gon's fishing hook fireproof? LS is close so they'd have to both struggle to pull one or the other to the other side. What I imagine is Gon is likely going to adapt and try to take cover near the water so that Pyro could be lured close.
How close?
Gon is nearly upscalable to Class 10, how high into Class 5 is Pyro? Cuz if it's 1 ton, Gon would crush him.
His AD is also nice but honestly it leans more on adaptation. What chapter is that fight?
Knuckle vs Gon happens around the 200th chapter, you should search "Knuckle vs Gon" on google to find the exact one.

How close?
Gon is nearly upscalable to Class 10, how high into Class 5 is Pyro? Cuz if it's 1 ton, Gon would crush him.

Knuckle vs Gon happens around the 200th chapter, you should search "Knuckle vs Gon" on google to find the exact one.
I have no idea lol. There's no explanation for it whatsoever. Apparently this guy is the one who did the feats, and I guess they compare.

Thanks, found it, chapter 208. I'll add the ref to his profile page. That said... This might be less Accelerated Development and Adaptation. It seems like the use of nen and 'fakeouts' are what began to overwhelm the enemy rather than outright stat amp. Are there any other cases where he started getting stronger mid fight?

Thaaat doesn't reply to what I was saying. Gon has skill to predict the trajectory of unpredictable projectiles. I'd need to see how big those flames are.
It's pretty much a flamethrower. I can see Gon dodging it honestly but trying to get close could be annoying initialyly.

I'm holding my vote for now but I still firmly think Gon wins this.

I have no idea lol. There's no explanation for it whatsoever. Apparently this guy is the one who did the feats, and I guess they compare.

Thanks, found it, chapter 208. I'll add the ref to his profile page. That said... This might be less Accelerated Development and Adaptation. It seems like the use of nen and 'fakeouts' are what began to overwhelm the enemy rather than outright stat amp. Are there any other cases where he started getting stronger mid fight?
Killua quite literally states Gon is keeping up with Knuckle, who was capable of blitzing him. This was seen in a battle with an injured Binolt as well, where the dude was too fast for Pre-Training Killua, who was dimensions above Gon at that point, yet, after fighting him for a few days, Gon was as fast as the dude while he was perfectly healthy (days, I know, but the gap was tremendously high, a speedblitz gap two times over, Knuckle vs Gon was a smaller one).
It's pretty much a flamethrower. I can see Gon dodging it honestly but trying to get close could be annoying initialyly.

I'm holding my vote for now but I still firmly think Gon wins this.
Yeah, Gon could do some strategy like pulling his opponents leg with the rod, or trying to use stealth with Zetsu. Pyro isn't as nearly as skilled as Hisoka.

Grabbing = the match is over.
Getting in range for hand-to-hand = the match is over.

It isn't close in the slightest.

I don’t have access to a computer so I can’t send how big the flames are.
Yeah, Gon could do some strategy like pulling his opponents leg with the rod, or trying to use stealth with Zetsu. Pyro isn't as nearly as skilled as Hisoka.
Pyro is very skilled tho. He is able to solo blu team, a team with tons engineers, demos, soldiers who all have years of experience fighting.

Also Gon has no answer for Pyros invincibly, as soon as Gon gets close Pyro can just use his uber to become invincible and burn him to death.

I don’t have access to a computer so I can’t send how big the flames are.
F. Just like me a video.
Pyro is very skilled tho. He is able to solo blu team, a team with tons engineers, demos, soldiers who all have years of experience fighting.
Hisoka can trick people into thinking he has reality bending abilities by sheer skill and some rubber-like ability, understand the human psyche to unparalleled extent that even puts Gon to shame. The skills levels in Hunter x Hunter rivals some pretty absurd shounen, so it's not comparable at all.

Pyro's best flare to use at range would probably be the Detonator (the only one that could realistically tag Gon as the FG and MM dont have splash and the Scorch Shit requires hitting a surface to deal splash), but I wouldn't be shocked if Gon managed to get in easily regardless.

What I want to know is, what's Gon's tactic against the flamethrowers themselves?

F. Just like me a video.

Hisoka can trick people into thinking he has reality bending abilities by sheer skill and some rubber-like ability, understand the human psyche to unparalleled extent that even puts Gon to shame. The skills levels in Hunter x Hunter rivals some pretty absurd shounen, so it's not comparable at all.
between just to be sure, this is the first key Gon so it cover up before learning Nen

not for go against you just wanted to know if you know this

Pyro's best flare to use at range would probably be the Detonator (the only one that could realistically tag Gon as the FG and MM dont have splash and the Scorch Shit requires hitting a surface to deal splash), but I wouldn't be shocked if Gon managed to get in easily regardless.

What I want to know is, what's Gon's tactic against the flamethrowers themselves?
Get close, or use his rod from a stealthy position
between just to be sure, this is the first key Gon so it cover up before learning Nen

not for go against you just wanted to know if you know this
I know
His Nen key will be downgraded to 9-B+

Wait would Gon even know what a flamethrower is or what it does?
Not too hard to figure out "It shoots out fire. That's bad"

Killua quite literally states Gon is keeping up with Knuckle, who was capable of blitzing him. This was seen in a battle with an injured Binolt as well, where the dude was too fast for Pre-Training Killua, who was dimensions above Gon at that point, yet, after fighting him for a few days, Gon was as fast as the dude while he was perfectly healthy (days, I know, but the gap was tremendously high, a speedblitz gap two times over, Knuckle vs Gon was a smaller one).
Thanks for clarifying, wasn't really sure on the description. In that case he can likely have both adaptation and that then.

I finally got my computer back lets goooooo
Anyways now I can better explain why I think Pyro should take this

1. Experience: In this key Pyro has at least 3 years of experience fighting the other mercenaries such as scouts who are much faster than Pyro, Medics and Engineers who are much smarter than Pyro, and Spy's whose main deal is going invisible to backstab his opponent's. Pyro has fought all these guys numerous times. So, if Gon does try and go for a sneak attack Pyros years of fighting spy's and his own Enhanced Senses should help shut it down.
  2. Weapons: There's no doubt that Pyro is the more versatile of the two here. 3 Shotguns and 3 flare guns that Pyro can use at long range. Pyro can use the Thermal Thruster if they want to get close to Gon or to get away from him. The Powerjack gives a +15% faster move speed boost to Pyro. All of this doesnt even go into Pyros Flamethrower's. There's no question that Flamethrower's HARD counters CQC, iirc the reason why flamethrower were invented was to counter CQC in war irl. Combine that with the fact that Pyro can pull out any of their weapons (including their large flamethrowers) very quickly. The Degreaser can even be pulled out even faster than other flamethrowers too. This will be a HUGE problem Gon because he has to enter CQC to harm Pyro. It's also important to note that Pyro's flamethrowers can easily reduce people comparable to him to bones, so Gon is not goanna be surviving that long if he gets within flamethrower range. Pyro can also just airblast Gon away if really needed to.

Also, Gon dragging pyro into the lake (Something he probably wouldn't think too due to not knowing Pyros weaknesses) is not goanna be very effective because Pyro can use his shotguns underwater. Gon grabbing Pyro is not goanna work because flamethrowers go brrrrrr. Gon sealing Pyros weapons won't work because Pyro can easily just swap weapons. Gon's AD won't have time to kick in due to the fact the fights not goanna last very long because as soon as Gon enters flamethrower range its GG for Pyro.

With all of this taken into account I'll now vote Pyro for due to having years of experience fighting opponents much faster than them and having years of experience fighting opponents who can go completely invisible, and also because Their Weaponry gives them the range advantage, mobility advantage, and lets them counter Gons only way of really hurt them.

I finally got my computer back lets goooooo
Anyways now I can better explain why I think Pyro should take this

1. Experience: In this key Pyro has at least 3 years of experience fighting the other mercenaries such as scouts who are much faster than Pyro, Medics and Engineers who are much smarter than Pyro, and Spy's whose main deal is going invisible to backstab his opponent's. Pyro has fought all these guys numerous times. So, if Gon does try and go for a sneak attack Pyros years of fighting spy's and his own Enhanced Senses should help shut it down.
By "much faster" you mean slightly faster combat and travel speed, not depicted in any way to be dimensions above Pyro, correct? That is meaningless when the skill gap is between a "high skilled character" and a "genius in skill character". Gon has beaten, dealt, and even defeated characters who are faster than him to the point of a speedblitz, can read the human psyche to determine how a person would react in a moment of panic without any technical knowledge, managed to learn the ruleset of a power he never even seen before-- And can circumvent his own weakenesses mid battle by improv alone. Keep in mind, regardless of the time which these happened, they are displays of skill without any prior experience and unrelated to his personal training, so it does apply to Pre-Nen Gon.

Again with the stealth. Zetsu completely shuts down most enhanced senses, hearing, and partly eyesight. "Has fought them before" is not a clear indication of how would he even do something about it in the first place.

Gon is not going to backstab him, he's likely to bait Pyro into using his weapons so he can know what he can do. Using his rod to take one of these weapons for himself.
  1. Weapons: There's no doubt that Pyro is the more versatile of the two here. 3 Shotguns and 3 flare guns that Pyro can use at long range. Pyro can use the Thermal Thruster if they want to get close to Gon or to get away from him. The Powerjack gives a +15% faster move speed boost to Pyro. All of this doesnt even go into Pyros Flamethrower's. There's no question that Flamethrower's HARD counters CQC, iirc the reason why flamethrower were invented was to counter CQC in war irl. Combine that with the fact that Pyro can pull out any of their weapons (including their large flamethrowers) very quickly. The Degreaser can even be pulled out even faster than other flamethrowers too. This will be a HUGE problem Gon because he has to enter CQC to harm Pyro. It's also important to note that Pyro's flamethrowers can easily reduce people comparable to him to bones, so Gon is not goanna be surviving that long if he gets within flamethrower range. Pyro can also just airblast Gon away if really needed to.
At long range, these are getting analytical predicted, Gon dodges these for breakfast, or even uses the environment to camouflage or shield himself. You're still not providing footage on how big these flames are.
Also, Gon dragging pyro into the lake (Something he probably wouldn't think too due to not knowing Pyros weaknesses)
He doesn't need to.
"I need to make him drown" is an idea unrelated to Pyro's weakness, Gon would think that was a winning condition immediately due to his ability to survive without breathing for tens of minutes.
is not goanna be very effective because Pyro can use his shotguns underwater.
Gon is aware of his use of weapons, and you think the battle genius will not use his superior LS to grapple his arms so he can't move them while he drowns?
Gon grabbing Pyro is not goanna work because flamethrowers go brrrrrr.
We're forgetting Anime Acrobatics and dodging are a thing when you have the advantage in agility and skill.
Gon sealing Pyros weapons won't work because Pyro can easily just swap weapons.
Gon would do this to have an extra option himself.
Gon's AD won't have time to kick in due to the fact the fights not goanna last very long because as soon as Gon enters flamethrower range its GG for Pyro.
????
You're not explaining how Pyro even hits someone who can read unpredictable patterns easily

At long range, these are getting analytical predicted, Gon dodges these for breakfast, or even uses the environment to camouflage or shield himself. You're still not providing footage on how big these flames are.
I dont think there is any environment a to hide in. "shore of a lake" is kind of vague, even if there are things like Trees and bushes Pyro can easily burn them down. also

this work?
He doesn't need to.
"I need to make him drown" is an idea unrelated to Pyro's weakness, Gon would think that was a winning condition immediately due to his ability to survive without breathing for tens of minutes.
Pyro can just swim or pull the rod off him, they do have the same LS after all.
Gon is aware of his use of weapons, and you think the battle genius will not use his superior LS to grapple his arms so he can't move them while he drowns?
They have the Same LS tho. even if Gons a bit stronger I don't think he goanna be able to hold down a fully grown man/woman/thing that is Pyro who has a comparable LS, also he if he goes to Grapple, he'll get his skin melted off my Pyros flametower.
We're forgetting Anime Acrobatics and dodging are a thing when you have the advantage in agility and skill.
Once again dodging a near point blank flametower is goanna be very hard due to it constantly spewing out flames.
Gon would do this to have an extra option himself.
? what do you mean, Gon only has his fishing rod what would he even swap to?
????
You're not explaining how Pyro even hits someone who can read unpredictable patterns easily
Big flames and Point-Blank range

I dont think there is any environment a to hide in. "shore of a lake" is kind of vague, even if there are things like Trees and bushes Pyro can easily burn them down. also

this work?

.... Can we talk about the concept of overexaggeration?
This is so underwhelming - Gon can duck, slide, get out of the trajectory in so many ways and just knock it out of Pyro's hand!
Pyro can just swim or pull the rod off him, they do have the same LS after all.

They have the Same LS tho. even if Gons a bit stronger I don't think he goanna be able to hold down a fully grown man/woman/thing that is Pyro who has a comparable LS, also he if he goes to Grapple, he'll get his skin melted off my Pyros flametower.
1 ton vs 4 tons. A 4x gap.
Once again dodging a near point blank flametower is goanna be very hard due to it constantly spewing out flames.
The tiniest flames known to man, just duck with your smaller height and kick that stuff away
? what do you mean, Gon only has his fishing rod what would he even swap to?
I meant he can use stealth and his rod to steal one of Pyro's weapons.
Big flames and Point-Blank range
The concept of big has been redefined apparently

.... Can we talk about the concept of overexaggeration?
This is so underwhelming - Gon can duck, slide, get out of the trajectory in so many ways and just knock it out of Pyro's hand!
Pyro is very good at aiming it can if Gon try's any of those things he can easly keep the flame one him. Also pyro has like 5 different Flamethrowers they can pull out whenever sooo.
1 ton vs 4 tons. A 4x gap.
We don't know how heavy the bear was, it could have been 5 tons for all we know.
The tiniest flames known to man, just duck with your smaller height and kick that stuff away
same answer as before
I meant he can use stealth and his rod to steal one of Pyro's weapons.
Would he even know how to use them? Even if he did hold a big flamethrower is goanna make him easer to hit.

Also, if Pyro can't hit Gon with their flamethrower they can just switch to one of their 3 shotguns. One of their guns The Panic Attack fires 15 bullets per shot, and it can fire fast.

Pyro is very good at aiming it can if Gon try's any of those things he can easly keep the flame one him.
yeah and Gon is very good at dodging and he'll be able to do even better while fighting him thanks to RPL
Also pyro has like 5 different Flamethrowers they can pull out whenever sooo.
wich Gon can still dodging
Would he even know how to use them? Even if he did hold a big flamethrower is goanna make him easer to hit.
yes, in the first Key Gon is known for the use of his Rod ( the fishing one) and it wouldv'e been a problem to lift if it wasn't for the fact that Gon has the lift advantage and by a good margin, so he won't have problems lifting the flamethrower

Back