• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your arguments are just to cover up what everyone here except you has acknowledged, whether they like it or not. I'm not knowledgable on the verse and I'm not gonna step on the trap of "HERE'S TONS OF INFO NONE OF IT IS RELEVENT".

Fact of the matter is, Jugger admitted her self res didn't neg status effects. Now, like I said, it's just a rat race to say why this shouldn't apply because of other scenarios with no relevance.

So I shall wait here until someone needs something.

"Your arguments are just to cover up what everyone here except you has acknowledged, whether they like it or not. I'm not knowledgable on the verse and I'm not gonna step on the trap of "HERE'S TONS OF INFO NONE OF IT IS RELEVENT".

Fact of the matter is, Jugger admitted her self res didn't neg status effects. Now, like I said, it's just a rat race to say why this shouldn't apply because of other scenarios with no relevance.

So I shall wait here until someone needs something. "

This is just... wrong.

Jugger said THIS:

"I cannot even tell if you both are being serious anymore.

If a power/ability is not shown to carry after death in the first place then you cannot expect it to carry over.

If a power/ability does carry over innately then, yes, shalltear does not get rid of it after death.

The fact remains that shalltear has to actually DIE to revive. So the status MUST cross over after death.

That is completely ridiculous logic to me and unless you give me some proof that Dragon Element does indeed carry over after death or resurrection I won't concede this."

Edit:

Jugger also said this:

"Ok that is flawed logic. If a spell/ability has an effect that carries after death than yes. Shalltear will not be able to get rid of it after her resurrection. (as far as I know)

But if said spell/ability doesn't carry over after death in the first place than there is nothing to negate when she is revived."

It's probably for the best. While I won't point fingers, it's very very obvious neither side is going to back down.

In fact, I might request Monster Hunter to not be used in overly-haxy fights such as this in order to avoid confusion due to Monster Hunters, honestly terrible explanations of it's abilities that can be taken to dirt downplay levels or wank overgod levels.

Anyway, to post my final thoughts on the shalltear res thing before I drop this thread (Because jugger's antics got me angry)

My thought on shalltear res not nulling the status effects placed on her was based on something related in your post- That shalltear's res happened too fast and as such, conditions that would have normally happened within resurrection was not valid due to the auto-res, as such the status effect of the elderseal wouldn't have been nullified, like how it is shown that a WCI wasn't, alongside shalltear not dropping her armor/weapons (IIRC Ainz or the story said something like that would happen once dead.)

"alongside shalltear not dropping her armor/weapons (IIRC Ainz or the story said something like that would happen once dead.)"

Loot drops not occuring is more to do with the new world since ogres randomly dropping crystals doesn't really make sense.

I'm currently way too tired to reply to the rest of your reply so I'm gonna go to sleep now ;L

FRA is unavoidable, sadly. Only so much info to debate.

No worries.

Is she already downgraded? If not then no it isn't.

Her 6C stats are from 6C Environmental Destruction feat, so no. Some people just in the process re-calcing her actual dura.

Sorry pal.

But yeah that recalc will hopefully be getting done over the weekend if not tomorrow. it's on my list of stuff to get to.

Gargoyle One said:
All of that
over 300 posts of debate

For nothing
Doomguy vs SCP-096 in a nutshell.

"SCP 096 IS ABSOLUTELY FAR STRONGER THAN DOOMGUY AND SHOULD AP STOMP"

"SCP-096 is 9-A for tanking 9-B bullet and existing underwater real deep"

"...we have come to the conclusion that there is no evidence of SCP-096 being 9-A..."

It happens.

What vote we got so far? Kinda forgot lel. I know it's listed on my OP but i'm sure there is vote i didn't count.

No clue, but I'd appreciate one of the peopel to sum up the arguments on both sides for now, as the debate went into a lot of directions.

Well it's been awhile but IIRC the main thing for Hunter was just using Elderseal to neg necromancy and resurrection (along with other shit) to put Shalltear down.

Would it be able to negate time-based Regenerationn? Shalltear can rewind time to heal her wounds three times.

Also, the Hunter's weapons better resist being Naturalized.

"Magic Destruction: Destroys an object made by magic."

I believe it has negged powers of time users, yes. I wanna say the monster was Alatreon but I'm not sure, I'd ask Reinhard since he's the MH expert.

Also, MH's weapons aren't magical. They're made from the pieces of biological monsters that had the powers. Can't really take the magic out of something that isn't magic.

Mr. Bambu said:
I believe it has negged powers of time users, yes. I wanna say the monster was Alatreon but I'm not sure, I'd ask Reinhard since he's the MH expert.
Also, MH's weapons aren't magical. They're made from the pieces of biological monsters that had the powers. Can't really take the magic out of something that isn't magic.
The only weapons that would work on Shalltear were those made of silver and imbued with a certain amount of magical energy, equipment made of general materials but containing an overpowering amount of magical energy, or weapons of a certain attribute she was weak against.

Found this in volume 3, not sure if this effects anything

That would depend on weather The Hunter has an AP advantage.

For one, Momon's Magic and the other players weapons could harm her just fine despite not being silver. So, if Shalltear has a significant AP advantage, I'd say yes, the hunter's weaponry wouldn't be able to meaningfully harm her, but if he has an AP advantage then it would be odd to assume Shalltear could resist them.

Dargoo Faust said:
That would depend on weather The Hunter has an AP advantage.
For one, Momon's Magic and the other players weapons could harm her just fine despite not being silver.
The quote is talking about weapons, not offensive magic like Gravity Maelstrom

Not to mention the weapons that damaged Shalltear belonged to members of the 41 which are all Divine class. Pretty sure they qualify for "''general materials but containing an overwhelming amount of magical energy''".

Also, right before this quote she is stabbed by a silver weapon from an adventurer, and only describes it as "in the way", and only worries about the holes in her clothes

The sentence right after the above quote is,

She wouldn't take damage from a mere silver weapon.

Which reinforces the before mentioned,

The only weapons that would work on Shalltear were those made of silver and imbued with a certain amount of magical energy

only in the eyes of the blind FRA crew is this still a thing

shall this thread be destroyed?

Thisthread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back