• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I am going on vacation in a few weeks

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Hello.

I just wanted to inform the staff that I will go on vacation starting November 21. I will be gone for at least two weeks, and internet access will be extremely sparse.

As such, at very best I might be able to briefly reply to a few forum threads and personal messages every day, and I am not going to be able to do any monitoring work.

In fact, given that I will be on a tropical island, I am not sure if access to this site will be blocked as well, as I did not try last year when I visited the same location, but I was able to talk with Kavpeny via personal messages.

I would appreciate if the rest of the staff please try their hardest to be polite and get along with each other while I am gone (I know that the situation in the world is very stressful for everybody, but it is not the fault of anybody in this wiki), and to monitor suspicious edits.

Here is the best page for doing so:

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Special:RecentChanges?hidepatrolled=1&limit=2000

Thanks. I will go diving again, and at least try to relax from the absolute disaster zone that the world has turned into.

Okay. Thank you for the help.

Our staff is excellent, so I'm sure we can pull through for awhile.

I sincerely hope you have a great time there, man. You deserve it.

Thanks again. Diving is technically very dangerous, but I am always very careful.

Have a good trip, Ant. We'll take care of the site.

You certainly deserve the break for all the hard work and sacrifice you have given towards this site.

Enjoy the vacation and please do not worry. I and many other users will help keep the place running well during your absence.

The staff here is more than sufficient enough in both quantity and quality to ensure everything goes appropriately for this brief period.

Have a nice trip :)

Best of luck to you ant, and please enjoy your much needed vacation, if I may ask what island will you be visiting at.

@Grudgeman I would rather not say, as it would risk to reveal my private identity.

Have a great vacation milord. I, we, will do our best to keep this site from exploding in a fiery display of chaos while you're away.

Have a good time Ant and we'll try our best not to let the site go to burn down while your gone :p

Antvasima said:
@Grudgeman I would rather not say, as it would risk to reveal my private identity.
That is completely alright, it's very understandable. Enjoy your vacation anyways Antvasima, don't worry about the site, the staff here will work hard so you don't have to worry on your break.

Have a nice trip Ant, you deserve some time to relax.

And don't worry we will keep the wiki running as usual.

@Azzy That was the funniest thing i've seen today.

Thank you to everybody.

Guys. I'd just like to remind everyone that this is a '''Staff Discussion Thread'''.

Well, today is the day that I will leave in a few hours.

I hope that you will try to monitor for suspicious edits in my absense, and to resolve any staff disagreements through polite rational discussion.

I know that most of us are likely tense and irritable over the world falling apart, but remember that this is not the fault of anybody in this wiki, and that we should try to keep it as a pleasant refuge from the world.

Internet access will be very sparse in the island I am going to, but if possible, I will try to spend around 1 hour a day answering messages and the like. I won't have the time for anything more though, and it is possible that certain sites will be blocked, so no promises I'm afraid.

If everything works out fine, I will be back December 4th, but will likely be extremely tired for at least a few days afterwards.

Thank you. I am currently at the airport. The plane will leave in an hour.

Back