• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I don't carry a Monado, I never felt the need.

So! Let's start with the best question first.

What does Shulk have that keeps him from dying?

EDIT: Just to clarify, I've read his profile. But I want some context on his best options, so as not to assume anything about the matchup without knowing all of the details first.

Bump

@King passive Precog and Probability stuff basically. Also he's a type 2 Acasual

Question, I haven't read all of John's profile yet (bit busy) but how can he deal with passive Life nomming and EE?

Shulk having passive existence Erasure? First time I've heard that

Then again I don't think it works given they're both 4KM away

Well no, Alvis is the one who has it scaling off of Malos who has passive EE that EEs everything it touches. Pair that with Alvis's omnipresence and ya get something fun that the writers didn't think of.

Malos's Aura doesn't stretch to 4KM, unless Alvis being omnipresent means he can EE everything in the universe which makes literally no sense and is contradicted by nothing getting erased.

So it's not passive from 4KM.

As for life drain, I recall a quote from John resisting that, but I'll wait for King.

Well it is going by the lore but it contradicts itself unless ya wanna say Alvis is everything (due to his EE resistance) which isn't confirmed.

Since we're talking about passives here is something I'd like to ask ya. We see through Shulk's many visions that he can think and process the information given, if he think during them could he have "passive" versions of all his thought based hax?

Schnee One said:
So it's not passive from 4KM.
As for life drain, I recall a quote from John resisting that, but I'll wait for King.
How does it work, how far does it extend, and how fast does it kill?

@King I'd honestly argue he doesn't have life nomming given that was only done by Zanza with Shulk's old monado when he was at a critical condition and had nearby Homs to feed off to rejuvenate from. Shulk never showed that power before, especially tier 2 Shulk cause he's not using his old Monado anymore. As for the range of the life nomming it's like a few dozen meters at best so if John snipes Shulk won't be able to life nom even if that somehow scales to him.

Do you have proof that it's passive, and has the range to reach John from the distance SBA would put them at? Citations, scans, et cetera?

That doesn't mean he uses passive life nomming as that's a Zanza thing. Not something every Monado has.

I mean, it goes like this:

Post whatever fights (or equivalent?) he's had while in this state. If he doesn't passively life-drain the opponent in those fights, then there's no reason to assume he's going to here. If he does do so, then...well, he does.

Simple.

Given the context of the scene it looks more like something Zanza would be capable of using. Unless there's a line where Meyneth or Alvis are also capable of draining the life of other beings around them I don't see how Alvis with those Monados can passively life nom unless it's something the Monados themselves have.

Going to unfollow from this thread, have a lot of stuff to do and other threads I'm putting my focus to. Have fun.

Also reminder not to derail the thread with this since this is John Vs Shulk not are these abilities valid.

Back